• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One blocks used games. Offline Pass confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

falastini

The whole conference was a fucking farce. From the horrible screaming in the audience (either pre-recorded or some fake idiots) to the presentation itself. Also very disappointed in no Alan Wake 2.

Microsoft has always had groupies (employees?) installed during press conference, this is nothing new.

Deku Tree

Game install fees? Total crap...
Installation required...
Who wants to wait for a game to install before playing it? Not me...

what if there's multiple account on one xbox? Can only one account access the game, or can any accounts logged in access the games installed on the system?

TheChaos

tumblr_lnl1z6EX761qip43j.gif

sn00zer

Called it.... actually this is not a terrible thing, I have no problem devs getting a cut of used game sales...it is shitty though that I cant borrow games from friends

Trike

Q: Will Xbox One allow players to trade in, purchase and play pre-owned games?
A: We are designing Xbox One to enable customers to trade in and resell games. We’ll have more details to share later.

no it doesnt

http://news.xbox.com/2013/05/qa

add this to op this is straight from ms official website

You are right, it doesn't block it. It just requires you to purchase a pass to play the game you just bought.

although that offline pass thing isn't real. You can still play the games offline, for now.

AkuMifune

Banned
I don't have cable. I don't like fantasy sports. I hate kinect. I like used games.

Sorry Microsoft, I'm straight up going back to Sony. Hope they kept my fanboy hat in the closet from when I left!

I can see how no used games would piss off a lot of gamers. For myself, I just want to be able to play offline, so at least I can do this. I was actually expecting Always Online, so I'll be picking one up once it has enough must have games.

I can't believe they're doing this.

Genuinely thought they had a smart conference (even if it wasn't great for the core gamer), and though they'll still easily win America, this will hurt them.

All eyes on Sony now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom