• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch: new Firmware update available (Ver. 3.0.0)

L~A

I have no idea what the point of inverting the display colours is but I like random shit like that.

They should add another grayscale option but use the GB colours, that'd be neat.

So what's up with the Grayscale and Inverse colors option. What's that for?

Already answered, but those are accessibility settings.

"Update connected controllers
To update, head to System Settings > Controllers and Sensors > Update Controllers"

Interesting, so now controllers can also be updated... I wonder if something like this will ever be implemented for the dock.

Iirc, controllers were already updated when you updated console, but they needed to be connected to the console (at least, for the Joy-Cons). This allows you to do that update at any time now.

samred

"Update connected controllers
To update, head to System Settings > Controllers and Sensors > Update Controllers"

Interesting, so now controllers can also be updated... I wonder if something like this will ever be implemented for the dock.

people assumed this was done automatically when controllers were connected and needed updating. that might still be the case, but now it's nice to be able to confirm that they're as updated as possible.

sfried

Can somebody confirm to me what resolution is outputting in the UI?

Because is it just me, or does it indeed now output 1080p now?

Thoraxes

- Lower the maximum volume for headphone or speakers connected to the audio jack
To lower the max headphone volume, head to System Settings > System > Lower Max Headphone Volume

Uh, it's already way low. If anything, amplify it.

L~A

Wait, if the Pokken-controller works, could we use the WiiU Pro Controller wired as well?

I don't think that controller was ever designed to work wired. Unless I'm mistaken, the "wires" inside are only for charging, not linked to input at all.

I'm not certain, but I think this is new: in Friend Settings, "Display online status" and "Display play activity" now allow you to restrict this information to the people you have marked as Best Friends. The same goes for the new "Notify When Friends Go Online" notification setting.

Wasn't that there from the beginning? Not 100% sure, though.

Still 720p, from what I've read.

Improvements to prevent unintended HDMI input change with certain TVs while the console is docked in Sleep Mode
This announcement would have stolen Super Mario Odyssey's thunder during E3. Glad they waited a week.

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
68.gif

Stores your password after you enter it?

Wait for 6.0

BooJoh

It's outputting a 1080p signal according to my TV's display, but I can't say for sure if it's still just upscaling from 720p as always. I think it is because it looks the same to me.

samred

I found something that Nintendo didn't announce, I think. every news post now has little buttons at the end. You can tap on one of two: a heart icon that says "Great!" or a broken-heart icon that says "Oh."

weird. I guess this is a way to tell Nintendo whether an official news post bums you out? I'm gonna hit "Oh." for all of the Project Mekuru ones that I do not understand.

emb

The display color options are kinda cool. Even if those are for legitimate accessibility or tech reasons, it adds this visual aspect to play around with, just feels kinda fun.

gogogow

I thought holding the Home button already did that?

Yeah, I thought you can already do that. You just can't shutdown the system with a controller, you would have to hold the button on the system itself. And you can't turn on the Switch with a controller, because it's not on standby. With the PS4, it's constantly in standby mode, unlike the OG PS2/PS3 which has a power switch in the back.

Splatoon 2 icons are hella cool but sad its the only good thing in this update. They need to have a icon shop up already and let 3rd parties have icons. And no Arms is weird. Well glad to see Splatoon 2 since its icons are the ones I wanted most.

that input fix is MEGAAAAAAA. fuck. sometimes id wake up to my TV, xbox, and reciever on. my light bill was getting fucked.

thanks for acknowledging and fixing Nintendo.

chronomac

Pretty excited about the max volume increase and the wired controller functionality. Think the latter might have been necessary for the Hori pads coming next month?

Meatfist

Can anyone confirm/deny that the 8bitdo controllers still work? I love using my SNES30 so much I'm paranoid to push major firmware updates

Top Bottom