• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF OT 14: The Alpha and The Omega

Status
Not open for further replies.

DOWN

Banned
Guys... I think (despite how good of a person I am who doesn’t deserve this timeline)... I think Despacito has stolen the title of Song of the Summer against all righteousness and I find that unacceptable

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
I loved BTD and UV. Honeymoon was a snooze with 2-3 usable songs and this can be downright cringe worthy with some of the songs.
Oh no :( that makes me worried again
Little Mons†er;243898435 said:
Funny thing

As soon as you posted this, Gaga has sold the most amount of singles this year so far in the US alone with ~1.9M sold to date

Funny how people still keep trying iT

tenor.gif
Sold the most compared to whom? Shape of You and Despacito ruling iTunes for months

rhandino

Banned
Ok, I just listened to TLC (the album) and was a little worried that it was going to be a HOT MESS with that post in the last page but I am going to say that while not on par with their previous ones it's a very servicable send-off for the group.

The obvious winners are Joyride, Start a Fire, Pretty Girls and American Gold is THAT song.

Haters is a dumpster fire so they should have cut it tbh

The rest is serviceable and cute and I think the album could have been better if it was shorter, I think? But idk, I enjoyed it all the same but maybe a shorter album could have helped to just focus on the really good material.

One thing I need to talk is about how uplifting the album is, which is par of the course for TLC, but I was just thinking about how much of the music that I been listening recently lacks that certain touch of pure optimism and honest it is at trying to make you feel warm and fuzzy on the inside which I guess will explain why I love Joy Ride and Pretty Girls so much.

So yeah, I enjoyed the album and will put it on repeat for the rest of the day.

uQRJDMS.gif

Mau ®

Little Mons†er;243898435 said:
Funny thing

As soon as you posted this, Gaga has sold the most amount of singles this year so far in the US alone with ~1.9M sold to date

Funny how people still keep trying iT

tenor.gif

😂

Pretty sure Bieber, Ed Sheeran, Taylor, Drake and Rihanna have sold more but ok 😘

They didn't need the Superbowl either.

Mau ®;243928116 said:
😂

Pretty sure Bieber, Ed Sheeran, Taylor, Drake and Rihanna have sold more but ok 😘

They didn't need the Superbowl either.

Forgot to add female artists only in that post but your points still stands :p

Our female faves could never

Tbh I know y'all are gonna drag me for saying this but idc I really do love Lust For Life. I listened to Honeymoon like over 500 times so I knew I was probably going to like whatever she did for the rest of her career but I love the trippy mystery beats in songs like 13 Beaches and Heroin and the heartfelt, sweet sound of songs like Beautiful People and Tomorrow Never Came. God Bless America and Roachella can die tbh but other than that it's a good album to me. I put it below UV and above HM and BTD.

MANUELF

Banned
Mau ®;243952215 said:
Wild Thots is #2. Could go #1 in the next couple of weeks, giving Rhat her 15th #1.

Mariah shook.
She isnt that shook since she was the lead artist in all? Of them, Rih can't say that

Melodrama and CTRL reeeeeeally hits home when someone you've been seeing breaks up with ya for "not feeling much for you in the first place". Fantastic fantastic breakup albums, honestly :p

WaffleTaco

Tbh I know y'all are gonna drag me for saying this but idc I really do love Lust For Life. I listened to Honeymoon like over 500 times so I knew I was probably going to like whatever she did for the rest of her career but I love the trippy mystery beats in songs like 13 Beaches and Heroin and the heartfelt, sweet sound of songs like Beautiful People and Tomorrow Never Came. God Bless America and Roachella can die tbh but other than that it's a good album to me. I put it below UV and above HM and BTD.
You having 500 plays for one album is so bizarre. Like that's like at least once a day sometimes twice. So maybe around 1hour to 2 hours of your day...like wtf
Mau ®;243952215 said:
Wild Thots is #2. Could go #1 in the next couple of weeks, giving Rhat her 15th #1.

Mariah shook.
It's dropping on iTunes lol (#9)

You having 500 plays for one album is so bizarre. Like that's like at least once a day sometimes twice. So maybe around 1hour to 2 hours of your day...like wtf

It's dropping on iTunes lol (#9)
Not as bizarre as you pretending to be better than everyone on here by being annoyingly negative but...that's none of my business...

Edit: and I obviously meant 500 plays as in the way last.fm counts them, which means each individual play of a song from an album adds towards the total number of times you've listened to a song from a particular album...but whatever

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Melodrama and CTRL reeeeeeally hits home when someone you've been seeing breaks up with ya for "not feeling much for you in the first place". Fantastic fantastic breakup albums, honestly :p
Get into New Rules by Dua Lipa. Best song to not return to your ex that want to fuck you when he is drunk and alone.

Flying to the moon again
Dreaming about heroin
And how I gave you everything
And took your life away
I put you on an aeroplane
Destined for a foreign land
I thought that you’d come back again
To tell me everything’s
Okay (eh, eh, babe, yeah)

IT'S FUCKING HOT, IT'S HOT
Winter in the city
Something ’bout this weather made these kids go crazy
It’s hot, even for February
Something ’bout this sun has made these kids get scary
Oh, writing in blood on my walls and shit
Oh, oh my god
Tripping off from the walls into the darks and shit

Oh, hoh, hoh, hoh
I’ll be lying if I said I wasn’t sick of it
Lead me baby
Come on
Come on
Come on
Come on

Truly an EXPERIENCE, FUCK.

Vazduh

yrF96dI.gif

I find this gif so funny. It's no secret that Hilary calls the paps every now and then and suddenly there are moments like these where she ~doesn't feel like it~? (she couldn't even act out that emotion)

Gurl, if you hate them, don't call them.

I'll give it a listen, especially if you say it's more tolerable than HM which put me to sleep several times.

yrF96dI.gif

I find this gif so funny. It's no secret that Hilary calls the paps every now and then and suddenly there are moments like these where she ~doesn't feel like it~? (she couldn't even act out that emotion)

Gurl, if you hate them, don't call them.

I'll give it a listen, especially if you say it's more tolerable than HM which put me to sleep several times.
tbh im not expecting people to like it or anything since the first half and the second half are literally two different albums and the second half is slow, but more experimental and more lyrically interesting. Tomorrow Never Came, Heroin, and Get Free are some of her best songs imo

WaffleTaco

Not as bizarre as you pretending to be better than everyone on here by being annoyingly negative but...that's none of my business...

Edit: and I obviously meant 500 plays as in the way last.fm counts them, which means each individual play of a song from an album adds towards the total number of times you've listened to a song from a particular album...but whatever

I am actually not that negative, in fact you don't see me complaining about Despacito every page or about Ed Sheeran or The Chainsmokers, and so on and so forth...

I "obviously" didn't know that since I don't use last.fm You could have corrected me without the snark though.

Mau ®;243990600 said:
The fact we still pretend iTunes matters lol

It's increasing where it matters (radio & spotify) so...
It's not that it "matters" it is just a good indicator of where it is headed. However...I could be wrong lol

Brhoom

Banned
Do we hope Rihanna get to #1 and saves Mariah's record?

Or let the record be taken but keep Rihanna from Mariah's 18 #1 record?

tumblr_mgsu0k5PM61qlxyddo1_400.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom