• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Future Fight |OT| To Me, My X-Men

It's not that weird. Native T2 characters take a SHITLOAD of gold to max. I spent like 3 million gold just raising Wolverine's Gear 1 from 19-20 not long ago. Gold is a pretty big barrier for progression especially now when we have multiple new Native T2 characters to progress. I had to put Odin on hold because I want Scarlet Witch ASAP and didn't have enough bios/gold saved up to max out Quicksilver and Cable even though I had plenty of BAM/Phoenix Feathers.

Welcome to the late game of Marvel Future fight where Gold and Gear Up Kits will become your bane.

I am getting scared now. I am finally starting to collect multiple native Tier 2 (from World Boss), but the only one I dumped resources into was Wolverine. Next will be Strange, then maybe Quicksilver. I am not bothering with Proxima and friends right now. I think I had 20 million in gold when I started leveling Wolv, so I dont remember it dropping so quick then. I guess since then I have been spreading myself too thin, so just need to pull back for a bit on random gold spending.

Yeah once you get to the point where you can farm and obtain all the Native T2s, you have to start picking and choosing what you want to focus on. It's easy to farm 5-6mil gold a day in this game but that is not a lot when Thanos takes something like 94 million gold to max out. So there's only so much progress you can make per day, and that's why gold in the store is more expensive than it seems it should be.

For the Black Order, I think Proxima Midnight is the only one worth doing right now if you have resources better spent elsewhere. IMO the newer wave of Native T2s are better and more diverse in type, and it's not worth putting all your resources into them now, before we know what kind of upgrades they'll be getting with Infinity War costumes next summer. Supergiant is cool, but I wonder if she will even get a new costume considering she's not in the movie.

Yeah, every time I start seriously saving, I blow it all on a native T2.

Not to mention I set myself back every time I say “hey, I should roll a cool iso set for them”. If TL is the worst mode, iso sets are the worst system.

Yeah, every time I start seriously saving, I blow it all on a native T2.

Not to mention I set myself back every time I say “hey, I should roll a cool iso set for them”. If TL is the worst mode, iso sets are the worst system.

As annoying as ISO set rolling is.... Card re-rolling is my most hated system in this game.

Yeah cards are the worst. And if you want to spend crystals for rerolling, it goes to whale territory pretty quickly. Even worse is that they don’t even give you a mythic one for the monthly login! We get a fully awakened ISO each month but only a legendary card? FOH.

I am glad I am not at this level of management yet. Right now I just have three Mythic cards, and I honestly dont care what the skills say once they are helping in some way to raise attack

I do enjoy the game, but once I go from making big advancement (new characters, better characters) to micromanaging to get smaller ones I fear I will lose interest.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I would be so happy if they made 1 small tweak to card rerolling.

Instead of spending a mythic card to reroll the whole card, change it so you spend a mythic card to reroll a stat of your choice on a card. At least then you could gradually build the card you want instead of playing roulette every time.

Do the same with Obelisks and I'd be a super happy man.

Oh yeah, I had forgotten about cards. I’ve been revoking the same card for so long now that I’m kind of droning through the whole process.

I do enjoy the game, but once I go from making big advancement (new characters, better characters) to micromanaging to get smaller ones I fear I will lose interest.

That's kind've where I'm at. I enjoy earning all the characters so when new quests and things become available that keeps me playing, but when it comes to maxing out my cards, uru, uniforms etc I just can't be bothered, I don't find it fun.

With NYCC starting up, I really hope they drop another big reveal like last year with the Dr. Strange update. Seeing this was hype af

IMG_7464.jpg

And Thor 3: Darker World comes out the same weekend, so the timing matches up as well.

No way Valkyrie isn’t in the next update. We got Whiplash and Ulik, we deserve Valkyrie.
Safe bets: new Valkyrie char (classic look) and a Tessa Thompson uni sold separately, Thor, Hela and Loki unis. Maybes: an Odin uni to make bank, a new Hulk uni as a shameful cash grab.
Wishful thinking: a War Thor uni, a Heimdall character?
I honestly can’t think of many Asgardians we're missing. Maybe Balder, just so we have an nth generic combat character.

In other news, I’ve finally beaten SL30! Just as I was spending that mythic ticket on KK, I noticed I also had a mega mythic ticket in my inventory. I’m certain I’ve never bought that, so I have no idea where that came from. Platinum box maybe? It looks kind of like a 4* ticket so I might have missed it.

wonder what Hulk uniform they'll do considering we already have the Planet Hulk version of Gladiator Hulk.

thor-ragnarok-thor-hulk-1012002.jpg

They can just throw some beads on him and call it a day but it'd better at least make him more viable if they're gonna go that route.

What’s wrong with a gladiator Hulk uni? It’s a great design and I’m hoping for it.

In other news, I’ve finally beaten SL30! Just as I was spending that mythic ticket on KK, I noticed I also had a mega mythic ticket in my inventory. I’m certain I’ve never bought that, so I have no idea where that came from. Platinum box maybe? It looks kind of like a 4* ticket so I might have missed it.

It’s from completing the S6 special mission pack.

What’s wrong with a gladiator Hulk uni? It’s a great design and I’m hoping for it.
I love the movie’s design, it’s just that it’s pretty close to the Planet Hulk design.
Then again, it’s not like all these Cap unis were super different from each other.

It’s from completing the S6 special mission pack.
Ah, makes sense. I had somehow missed that and was a bit disappointed by the lack of a great reward. I’ll keep it warm for the next paywall char uni.
Speaking of these mission packs, it’s a minor annoyance but they should fix the nagging window that asks you to choose one when you’ve already completed them all.

I love the movie’s design, it’s just that it’s pretty close to the Planet Hulk design.
Then again, it’s not like all these Cap unis were super different from each other.

Yeah I was gonna say. Its differences from the WWH Uniform are at least more visually striking than all the Spidey, Cap, and IM uniform differences. The big red plume, the body paint, and of course the big ass hammer are enough to jusitify it.

When you combine mythic cards is the result completely random?

Had a rank 3 Loki card. Combined and became rank 1. Combined again, rank 1. Combined again, back to rank 3.

So now I'm down three mythic cards and back where I started.

Fuck cards.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
When you combine mythic cards is the result completely random?

Had a rank 3 Loki card. Combined and became rank 1. Combined again, rank 1. Combined again, back to rank 3.

So now I'm down three mythic cards and back where I started.

Fuck cards.
Yeah, the rank you get is random.

Try your best to ignore the rank of the card. It will only bring misery. Focus on getting each of the 4 random stats to not be something useless (i.e., resists).

Alo0oy

Banned
I'm running out of Dimension Debris pretty quickly, it's such a useless material that costs way too much energy to farm, I need a lot of Bios for Jean and QS, and Dimension Rifts are not efficient ways to get them.

I'm running out of Dimension Debris pretty quickly, it's such a useless material that costs way too much energy to farm, I need a lot of Bios for Jean and QS, and Dimension Rifts are not efficient ways to get them.

If you do a lot of WBI to supplement rifts you'll stock up on them relatively quickly.

Balls, I just can’t beat QS in under 15 seconds, I’ve tried a few different methods but the closest I can get is about 20 seconds with Jean with AO leader.

Anyone got an absolutely fool proof strategy before I give up and spend the crystals?

Sinatar

Wolverine with beast leadership. Trigger beasts buff then swap to wolverine (which transfers the buff) then go ham. I have absolute garbage cards and can take down QS in 7 seconds with this strat.

The Kree

Banned
Wolverine with beast leadership. Trigger beasts buff then swap to wolverine (which transfers the buff) then go ham. I have absolute garbage cards and can take down QS in 7 seconds with this strat.
This is a lie, FYI.

Pay the crystals or throw your phone at the wall. It's the only way.

Yeah, this doesn’t work for me sadly.

Just tried again and got 32 seconds. Wolvie is maxed out aside from uru and uni stuff, got +16% phys damage from strikers, cards are decent, so don’t know why I’m nowhere near your 7 seconds.

Balls, I just can't beat QS in under 15 seconds, I've tried a few different methods but the closest I can get is about 20 seconds with Jean with AO leader.

Anyone got an absolutely fool proof strategy before I give up and spend the crystals?
I can get 15s on both QS and Cable w/ T2 A1 leader, T2 Uni Cyke and Jean. When I T2'd A1, her DPS jumped up big time and Cyke gives a team bonus + his uni enhanced T2 passive buff.

I use 2 Ignore Dodge strikers + Strange, Dorm and Nico for 30% magic.

The Kree

Banned
Last week there was a Moon Knight event. This week there's a Punisher event.

So, it must follow that Moon Knight will be making his live action debut in The Punisher on Netflix.

Yeah, this doesn't work for me sadly.

Just tried again and got 32 seconds. Wolvie is maxed out aside from uru and uni stuff, got +16% phys damage from strikers, cards are decent, so don't know why I'm nowhere near your 7 seconds.

Are you able to make a Damage Proc (Increase damage by xxx%) obelisk for either Wolverine or Jean? If you can get the damage proc to go off during their most damaging skills after buffing, you will melt QS in the allotted time. If the proc doesn't go off and you know you won't make it, make sure to exit the battle so you can retry with the same team until the proc goes off.

Edit: Try to get at least 140% for the damage proc just to make sure.

I can get 15s on both QS and Cable w/ T2 A1 leader, T2 Uni Cyke and Jean. When I T2'd A1, her DPS jumped up big time and Cyke gives a team bonus + his uni enhanced T2 passive buff.

I use 2 Ignore Dodge strikers + Strange, Dorm and Nico for 30% magic.

Yeah this is the the team I got closest with, about 20 seconds. Eh, guess I'll keep trying.

Ben I already have good obelisks on Jean and Wolvie so not sure I want to build a new one for either of them.
140% damage proc would be hard to obtain as it appears randomly right?

Ben I already have good obelisks on Jean and Wolvie so not sure I want to build a new one for either of them.

Yeah, everything except the first stat is random. What about your Sharon Rogers? She can do it with a damage proc as well in a team with a energy damage leader and Daisy (use her 3 skill and then switch to Sharon).

Sinatar

"Clear the stage with 4 or more universal characters"

I bring 3.

You think one of the other 2 mouthbreathing fuck sticks could bring ONE fucking uni character between them?

Of course not.

The Kree

Banned
"Clear the stage with 4 or more universal characters"

I bring 3.

You think one of the other 2 mouthbreathing fuck sticks could bring ONE fucking uni character between them?

Of course not.

I feel like most of the people playing this game are small children who don't pay attention to words. That's who you're getting matched with when you play WBI.

The Kree

Banned
T2 - Quicksilver, Rogue, Dormammu, Kate, Hellstorm, Satana, Sharon, Elsa, Coulson, Panther, Iron Fist, Strange, Spidey

T1 - Moon Girl, Hela, War Wolf, Deathlok, She-Hulk, Red Hulk, Hulk

How the fuck is it that no combination of any of these characters can clear floor 27? I'm routinely astounded at how terribly designed this game is. Spending money wouldn't even solve this problem right now.

Gandara

Yeah this is the the team I got closest with, about 20 seconds. Eh, guess I'll keep trying.

I was only able to do it with Thanos and his unit with beast and other bo with 3 physical strikers and 2 dodge ignore. Never could do it with any other team. I used his beam and watched the hp melt away.

I tried with beast/war wolf/wolvie and got close by doing all the 5* using beast then war wolf, firing off 4* then team up and hope to get 5* and fire off other 5* but I get interrupted buy the transition animation. Not sure if throwing in Dr Strange as a striker and hope qs gets time freezed.

Gandara

T2 - Quicksilver, Rogue, Dormammu, Kate, Hellstorm, Satana, Sharon, Elsa, Coulson, Panther, Iron Fist, Strange, Spidey

T1 - Moon Girl, Hela, War Wolf, Deathlok, She-Hulk, Red Hulk, Hulk

How the fuck is it that no combination of any of these characters can clear floor 27? I'm routinely astounded at how terribly designed this game is. Spending money wouldn't even solve this problem right now.

I use Dr Strange with Colson and my maxed out Yondu but my biggest enemy is lag. Have to mess with my settings every time to even beat the level. Only level I struggle with every time.

I was only able to do it with Thanos and his unit with beast and other bo with 3 physical strikers and 2 dodge ignore. Never could do it with any other team. I used his beam and watched the hp melt away.

I tried with beast/war wolf/wolvie and got close by doing all the 5* using beast then war wolf, firing off 4* then team up and hope to get 5* and fire off other 5* but I get interrupted buy the transition animation. Not sure if throwing in Dr Strange as a striker and hope qs gets time freezed.

I can't do it with Thanos either. Why do Beast and physical strikers help, does his beam count as a physical attack, not energy?

Cool, didn't know that! Just assumed that physical/melee attacks are physical, and a beam attack would be energy. Seems logical to me.

This game doesn't do a a great job of explaining a lot of things.

Edit: Argh, around 20 secs with Thanos now, if he didn't keep interrupting with his shitty animation I would've had it.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Cool, didn't know that! Just assumed that physical/melee attacks are physical, and a beam attack would be energy. Seems logical to me.

This game doesn't do a a great job of explaining a lot of things.

Look at the skill on the skill upgrade screens. They say stuff like "energy damage, % of physical attack". This is mentioned for each skill.

Edit: Argh, around 20 secs with Thanos now, if he didn't keep interrupting with his shitty animation I would've had it.
Strange as a Striker, and 1 of Jeans skills, have a chance to time freeze. Freezing before the phase change gives a chance to kill before the animations kick in.

Also, off-screen moves (like Ironheart or Rogue's flight moves) can sometime cause the bosses to miss or skip a phase shift ani.

Also, use your striker attack. Getting to do a 2nd 5 star ability while the natural one is in cooldown, can be very helpful.

Top Bottom