• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nirran

Random arena fight...

Exdeath? Sure... /click...

Exdeath + Ling + Ling + Noctis + Noctis. All evasion spec'ed. That was living hell.

/eyetwitch

I'm so so sorry. I absolutely hate fighting Ling in arena. My only few losses have been because of her annoying stone/paralyze hindering most of my group. I'll be trying to Whale for the next banner too. Discount $100 iTunes codes on ebay currently so got a few ready.

Outside of dailies and a handful of tickets in which I hope to get some banner units for the event, I'm not going for Orlandu. As a FTP player, I chased a 5 star unit once, never again. It makes it easier that the rest of the banner is garbage

across

In the same way that the Player's Choice banner was timed to drain Lapis/ticket reserves before releasing Orlandeau, the Orlandeau banner is set up to drain the remaining reserves (and/or purchased Lapis) before more reasonable banners come.

Within the next three months: DQ. Aileen's FFBE banner. FF6. FF10. Potentially the second BF banner. FF12. And it's safe to assume there'll be at least one GL exclusive banner in that time period. (no, I didn't forget Type-0 3, I just intentionally left it out)

Our ticket intake is reduced these days. People with mature accounts are getting less frequent Lapis from ranking up. Before you break the bank, consider whether you're okay with arriving on a CNY-level banner with no tickets. Or only being able to eke out dailies for Rikku or Tilith. Or struggling to obtain the Loto Sword because you couldn't get enough bonus units for DQ.

Pull smart, not hard.

Takuan

Buncha Debbie Downer talk
Pull hard and pull true. Orlandu ahoy!

Yeah, base 5* chasing is never smart, but it makes me feel young again!

So, just how rare are these blasted raid crafting materials? I've been sitting at 6 hides of the guardian and 2 mysterious drops for the last 100+ pulls, what gives??

Malakhov

Banned
I'm going to completely ignore the event until Cactuar Dunes are over.

Same here, I will use my energy for the cactuar dunes this weekend while I finish the raid (sitting at 1.3 million right now) and then go for the event.

I leveled Ling and Minfilia to level 1 6* this week while grinding the raid to have them ready for the dunes. I'd also like to level Luka and Marie but I doubt I'll have the time. Maybe one of them with the 100 cactuars from the mog king event afterwards.

tuffymon

Our ticket intake is reduced these days. People with mature accounts are getting less frequent Lapis from ranking up. Before you break the bank, consider whether you're okay with arriving on a CNY-level banner with no tickets. Or only being able to eke out dailies for Rikku or Tilith. Or struggling to obtain the Loto Sword because you couldn't get enough bonus units for DQ.

Pull smart, not hard.

So very true, let's also not forget that a majority of the trophies with 500 lapis have probably been obtained by most, and none from the arena either... T.T that 90-100 per day is some tough love for sure...

Lyrian

In the same way that the Player's Choice banner was timed to drain Lapis/ticket reserves before releasing Orlandeau, the Orlandeau banner is set up to drain the remaining reserves (and/or purchased Lapis) before more reasonable banners come.

Within the next three months: DQ. Aileen's FFBE banner. FF6. FF10. Potentially the second BF banner. FF12. And it's safe to assume there'll be at least one GL exclusive banner in that time period. (no, I didn't forget Type-0 3, I just intentionally left it out)

Pull smart, not hard.

There's always something more desirable on the other side of the rainbow :)

That's the nature of gacha games. It's a bit of a hard line to walk, to be honest. The playerbase has no clue when the next "global exclusive" will arrive. It could literally be any day. Tickets are rarer now, which is expected, as the troll pulls are removed and the average ticket is more useful to players (except for pulling rainbows of course). RNG can screw a player over hard, even trying for basic bonus units for an event.

It's sound advice, but at the same time, handicapping yourself to keep a stash for a rainy day can be just as bad as betting it all on a banner and losing. It's a very fine line that has to be walked.

On leveling up and lapis.... yup, it sucks hard post 100 and will be absolutely atrocious after 120.

On that note... didn't JP raise the level cap again?

/looks at Reddit and notes that the rank xp table finally is updated.
/looks at the newly added ranks 151-200

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLROFLCOPTER

Are you kidding me? Is that literally intended to be "final" rank cap (at least for a very, very long time).

Sadly, I'm sure some whale will macro Alluring Winds or something similar non-stop for a month to month and half with unlimited lapis spending and actually achieve Rank 200.

Yeah, base 5* chasing is never smart, but it makes me feel young again!

So, just how rare are these blasted raid crafting materials? I've been sitting at 6 hides of the guardian and 2 mysterious drops for the last 100+ pulls, what gives??

Anecdotal collected evidence pegs the drop rate of the rarest materials for crafting from this event at ~1% drop rate. So, 2 in 100 pulls is above average... Sorry :/

Also, from that running thread, Y'shtola's drop rate appears to be 0.25%, or 1 in 400 pulls.

Fun with odds time:

Odds of Pullinng Y'shtola (using the 0.25% rate):

In 100 points: 0.25%
In 100k points: 22.14%
In 200k points: 39.38%
In 400k points: 63.26%
In 1 million points: 91.82%
In 2 million points: 99.33%

Welp. I'm up to 1.1m and no Ysh. Glad I didn't pull on the PC banner, lol.

mstevens

Got Y'shtola after 700k points.

Debating wether or not to pull hard on Orlandu. I have 115k lapis from the Amazon deal. I know the smart thing to do would be to wait, but ehh something better is always coming along in these games.

Would be happy with any rainbow besides another Marie or an Ace, so I think I might just do it.

Since I bought this lapis awhile ago I doubt I'll have the urge to spend more if he doesn't pop. It is what it is.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Man you guys werent kidding....pulling Yshtola is pretty much impossible - kinda a bummer. At around 250k raid points now and both options to obtain her seem unlikely at this point.

Ken

Got Y'shtola after 700k points.

Debating wether or not to pull hard on Orlandu. I have 115k lapis from the Amazon deal. I know the smart thing to do would be to wait, but ehh something better is always coming along in these games.

Would be happy with any rainbow besides another Marie or an Ace, so I think I might just do it.

Since I bought this lapis awhile ago I doubt I'll have the urge to spend more if he doesn't pop. It is what it is.

THE GAF RULEEEE

mstevens

By the way, which healer should be my main now, Y'shtola, Luka or Refia? Or is it situational? I have a dual cast cooking for Refia right now.

across

It's sound advice, but at the same time, handicapping yourself to keep a stash for a rainy day can be just as bad as betting it all on a banner and losing. It's a very fine line that has to be walked.

Oh, don't misunderstand me. I've looked at the 5* base units I have (Ramza, Randi) and ultimately concluded that Orlandeau is in fact the most valuable of the 'big chain' units I can chase for the next couple months. Tidus' MP regen and stat boosts won't be so relevant with Enh.Ramza online, and Aileen doesn't enable me to get a second powerful unit up to par like Orlandeau's TM will do with Randi. So I'm going all in.

I still don't think it's a good banner to pull on (because there are no consolation prizes), a good idea to spend resources before Rikku & Tilith (for those who missed the latter), or generally a good idea to chase rainbows. I like reading reasoned advice and ignoring it, so I'm just providing the opportunity for someone else to do the same.

And hey, apparently I'll have a bit over 50/50 chance to get him. What could go wrong?

Rixa

DrROB, Tuffy Rixa, Valentus, Evan, mmbosstones and Rokuren for your awesome Noctis. and all of GAF that helped me out on Gilga, couldnt have done it without some help. thanks guys I just fucking did it!

Whooohoooo

5 units and I got that 30% attack and trust moogle, all but Bushido. I had to use items to get the MP as this was a long ass fight haha.

This was the best and hardest fight so far for me in Brave exvius super stoked and happy here as you can tell :)

Whoa \o_ Great that you could clear it. Nice job.

So much to catch up on....

900k points and no Y'sh so far, meh. 1.6m starting to look like money in the bank.

FINALLY, after 265 days played, I FINALLY have completed some Dual Wields. That's an awe-inspiring combination of incredibly crap draw luck regarding Zidanes....

Now, everyone in the universe (that follows some kind of FFBE board somewhere) knows that the banner is complete crap outside of Orlandeau. Likely, to compel players to pull on the banner, note the "global exclusive" katana offered by Mog King for this event. Watch either, or the katana and/or Durandal to be very expensive and likely out of the reach of most without bonus units.

Grats for DW :). We will soon get datamined info about those swords. But I guess they are around 50000 event cash per unit. Grind baby grind, pull more for the bonus units...

Another big shout-out to GAF, as well!

cZChDPg.png

Grats for this too!

Looking forward to pushing you even further Val :D

Now we wait for Orlandu....

Everyday this thread keeps giving :D.

And as you all prolly know I will use King LB pot to Ace.

Phaenos

By the way, which healer should be my main now, Y'shtola, Luka or Refia? Or is it situational? I have a dual cast cooking for Refia right now.

I'm kind of wondering the same. My only good healer is a 5* Tillith, who I know will eventually become great. She's doing the trick for now, should I level up Y'shtola?

Lyrian

Oh, don't misunderstand me. I've looked at the 5* base units I have (Ramza, Randi) and ultimately concluded that Orlandeau is in fact the most valuable of the 'big chain' units I can chase for the next couple months. Tidus' MP regen and stat boosts won't be so relevant with Enh.Ramza online, and Aileen doesn't enable me to get a second powerful unit up to par like Orlandeau's TM will do with Randi. So I'm going all in.

I still don't think it's a good banner to pull on (because there are no consolation prizes), a good idea to spend resources before Rikku & Tilith (for those who missed the latter), or generally a good idea to chase rainbows. I like reading reasoned advice and ignoring it, so I'm just providing the opportunity for someone else to do the same.

And hey, apparently I'll have a bit over 50/50 chance to get him. What could go wrong?

Without a doubt, all advice will absolutely be ignored. That's a given in just over 24 hours from now.

What could go wrong? Absolutely nothing. It's all going according to plan.... right?

Lyrian

Grats for DW :). We will soon get datamined info about those swords. But I guess they are around 50000 event cash per unit. Grind baby grind, pull more for the bonus units...

Grats for this too!

Everyday this thread keeps giving :D.

Gaining 2 +30% ATKs have really helped out in this event with consistency during runs. RNG can still screw up runs at any time. But with fewer turns needed to complete runs, the overall results are becoming much better for the event.

Malakhov

Banned

There's absolutely no content right now that you can't do with a dual casting Refia. That's all I've been using so far but it's a good idea to level Luka since in some situations she can be helpful since her heal also cures status ailments.

I'm kind of wondering the same. My only good healer is a 5* Tillith, who I know will eventually become great. She's doing the trick for now, should I level up Y'shtola?

Y'shtola will be better than Tilith for now since she has innate dual cast.

You are one of my favorite ex-gaffers here because you always try do hard all trials.

Congratulations buddy.

Thanks Valentus! I Love the challenge but I fail a lot. :) my units are not always up to par. man having just 71 NRG and doing this expensive NRG fight was a drag. I could try it twice before I had to refill.

Nice!! Such a fun fight, glad you made it through! And fun new toys to play with now!

Grats, as well!

Maybe now that I finally have some DWs, maybe I'll be brave enough to attempt the 5 man Greg fight.

Congratulations! :) bet it was a great feeling in the end.

Thanks guys! GAF has helped me clear a lot of hard fights and thanks all for sharing units! Without some op friends like you guys I would be struggling big time

Maintenance time :-(

Malakhov

Banned
Just curious, you folks talking about amazon, you get a 20% off from lapis through amazon? Like how much USD is a 8000 lapis bundle? Here in canada it's 69.99$ though the game directly.

Ken

Just curious, you folks talking about amazon, you get a 20% off from lapis through amazon? Like how much USD is a 8000 lapis bundle? Here in canada it's 69.99$ though the game directly.

it's like 18~20% discount for coins. the actual lapis bundle stays the same but you buy them with coins, if that makes sense.

5000 coins ($50) is $41 atm, for example

Malakhov

Banned
it's like 18~20% discount for coins. the actual lapis bundle stays the same but you buy them with coins, if that makes sense.

Ok and how much is the 8000 lapis bundle? I'm curious to see if it would be cheaper for me to buy it through amazon with the 20% off even though we have a poor CAD dollar right now.

Ken

Ok and how much is the 8000 lapis bundle? I'm curious to see if it would be cheaper for me to buy it through amazon with the 20% off even though we have a poor CAD dollar right now.

trunk of lapis? (6000 + 2.5k) 49.99 usd so i guess 5k coins so effectively $41?

xy6Mrgn.png

Malakhov

Banned
trunk of lapis? (6000 + 2.5k) 49.99 usd so i guess 5k coins so effectively $41?

xy6Mrgn.png

Yeah, about 40$ so 40$ x 1.33 exchange rate is 53$

Geez, still much lower than 69.99$

Now I just need to figure out how to do this in canada for next time.

edit: thanks for the picture, that last bundle in canada is 139.99$...

Ken

the discount fluctuates a bit too. i think it's a bit on the weaker end atm?

also they have coin return back which is nice (5%-15%)

Malakhov

Banned
the discount fluctuates a bit too. i think it's a bit on the weaker end atm?

also they have coin return back which is nice (5%-15%)
How does the coin return back works? You purchase coins and when you use them you get 5-15% of the ammount used back?

Ken

How does the coin return back works? You purchase coins and when you use them you get 5-15% of the ammount used back?

Yup.

So if it was 15% coin return like a few weeks ago, you would spend 10k coins for the 18000 lapis bundle and get 1.5k coins back.

Malakhov

Banned
Yup.

So if it was 15% coin return like a few weeks ago, you would spend 10k coins for the 18000 lapis bundle and get 1.5k coins back.

That's pretty good. I still have 10k lapis left from that christmas bundle plus what I've gained here and there since then but next time I will definitely look into this. I just need to figure out how to use that in Canada.

Thanks!

across

I just need to figure out how to use that in Canada.

Assuming Canada is like Australia where you can't normally purchase Amazon Coins, it's as simple as going to your Amazon Account page, scrolling to the 'Digital Content' header, clicking 'Content and Devices', then clicking 'Settings' and changing your country setting to the United States.

You may have to make a fake address and set that as your digital billing address, mine has been fake for so long I don't recall. Rest assured that Amazon is only too happy to take your money whether your address matches your actual card or not.

Enjoy your 19% discount (off of the US prices, which are typically lower than regional prices to begin with, so for me it's often something like 40%)

You will need to install the Amazon version of the app to use the coins, if you haven't already. To my knowledge this can't peacefully coexist with the Android/iOS version on the same device so you'll have to use an emulator for one or the other.

Malakhov

Banned
Assuming Canada is like Australia where you can't normally purchase Amazon Coins, it's as simple as going to your Amazon Account page, scrolling to the 'Digital Content' header, clicking 'Content and Devices', then clicking 'Settings' and changing your country setting to the United States.

You may have to make a fake address and set that as your digital billing address, mine has been fake for so long I don't recall. Rest assured that Amazon is only too happy to take your money whether your address matches your actual card or not.

Enjoy your 19% discount (off of the US prices, which are typically lower than regional prices to begin with, so for me it's often something like 40%)

You will need to install the Amazon version of the app to use the coins, if you haven't already. To my knowledge this can't peacefully coexist with the Android/iOS version on the same device so you'll have to use an emulator for one or the other.
So let's say I'd have to install the amazon version on my tablet and purchase the lapis through there and run the exvius android app on my phone? And the lapis purchased through amazon will only be usable on the amazon device, right?

across

So let's say I'd have to install the amazon version on my tablet and purchase the lapis through there and run the exvius android app on my phone? And the lapis purchased through amazon will only be usable on the amazon device, right?

That's correct, yes. iOS, Android, and Amazon lapis is all segregated, but everything else about your account is the same across devices. This can actually be useful from time to time if you want to have two separate pools, say you only use Amazon for 10+1 pulls but your main Android account does things like dailies and slot increases, so you don't accidentally drop below a 5k threshold or what have you.

tuffymon

Mog King event info coming out:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/610k0s/gl_maint_quick_peek_323/

Highlights:

50k for the Katana
10k for a 1% Trust Moogle (5 total)...LOLOL

Thanks for this info! These look pretty darn good too!

1.2k Poach [Materia]
15% Bonus Damage vs Beast, Bird, Aqua, Dragons & Plants

and

15k First Strike [Materia]
(5% Evade Chance & 20% Chance Counter w/ Normal Attack)

I'll have 100% evade with this~

The 10% moogle is much cheaper than the 1% moogles... weird

Malakhov

Banned
That's correct, yes. iOS, Android, and Amazon lapis is all segregated, but everything else about your account is the same across devices. This can actually be useful from time to time if you want to have two separate pools, say you only use Amazon for 10+1 pulls but your main Android account does things like dailies and slot increases, so you don't accidentally drop below a 5k threshold or what have you.

Excellent, thanks again. I will try with the information you've given me about the billing information and country setting.

Thanks for this info! These look pretty darn good too!

1.2k Poach [Materia]
15% Bonus Damage vs Beast, Bird, Aqua, Dragons & Plants

and

15k First Strike [Materia]
(5% Evade Chance & 20% Chance Counter w/ Normal Attack)

I'll have 100% evade with this~

The 10% moogle is much cheaper than the 1% moogles... weird

I will try and get all of these!

that's why gatcha games nowdays seems nonsenscal to me..
50$ for 8500 crystal, means that a 10+1 is worth like 41$..
41 freaking dollars for a PULL of (usually poor units) in a game?

the fad has gone a long way..
no offense, but gatcha at these price is pretty insulting, especially considering the 5* rates..
not gonna lie, i'm not giving them anymore money until the lapis price gets cut TO a third..
so 17$ for 8500 crystal, which is still a MORE THAN FAIR amount..

can you seriously justify those crystal price, when for that price you can get:
zelda? horizon? nier? niho? and instead you'll most likely get 10 poor 3* and 1 4*... just.. no...

across

Did you all forgot that JP went to this ~6 months ago. They took the 70k Moogle away and added 1% Moogles by 10k each. I think it was @Shouta who said this around last autumn :p

I did actually forget this. After thinking about it, I guess it doesn't really affect me - I never went for the 70k moogle anyway, and I often have 10-20k currency left over just from running ELT 3 times per day for the daily quest after I've finished my shopping list, so it's a little bonus.

Rixa

I'm actually fine with the 10k = 1% moogles. I was never a fan of the 70k moogles anyway.

I did actually forget this. After thinking about it, I guess it doesn't really affect me - I never went for the 70k moogle anyway, and I often have 10-20k currency left over just from running ELT 3 times per day for the daily quest after I've finished my shopping list, so it's a little bonus.

Yup now you have a choice. Either sell the currency for GIL or use leftovers for some % TM's.
Better this way than that 70k Moogle.

Malakhov

Banned
that's why gatcha games nowdays seems nonsenscal to me..
50$ for 8500 crystal, means that a 10+1 is worth like 41$..
41 freaking dollars for a PULL of (usually poor units) in a game?

the fad has gone a long way..
no offense, but gatcha at these price is pretty insulting, especially considering the 5* rates..
not gonna lie, i'm not giving them anymore money until the lapis price gets cut TO a third..
so 17$ for 8500 crystal, which is still a MORE THAN FAIR amount..

can you seriously justify those crystal price, when for that price you can get:
zelda? horizon? nier? niho? and instead you'll most likely get 10 poor 3* and 1 4*... just.. no...

I'd be fine with a 10+1 pull for 20$ CAD. I'd probably do a whole lot more of them, even at least one per weekly banner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom