• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Run will get a content update and a 50% sale

Oersted

The latter for 2 weeks

mario-run-update-656x492.jpg

Edit: Yes, also Android

Just checked the android app and the notifications say the price offer will be from 29 September to 12 October. UK and USA prices will be £/$4.99 but all other country prices are on this super mario run page.

Remix 10 is a frenetic new mode in which you play a set of 10 super-short sections from Super Mario Run’s existing levels in quick succession. The stages are remixed with each attempt, and with rainbow-colored bonus medals strewn across these bite-sized stages, it’s a fresh challenge every time.

Remix 10 has no Game Over screen and even if you fail to complete a level, you’ll just proceed to the next one without any penalty. This means new players can familiarize themselves with a variety of different levels easily and experts can attempt to collect every bonus medal for a perfect rating.

Finishing stages and grabbing medals in Remix 10 mode also gives you the chance to collect new items to decorate your Mushroom Kingdom – and eventually rescue Princess Daisy.

Rescue Daisy and she will be playable

And there is more

And there’s a brand new world to discover. World Star has nine new levels which are unlocked once you’ve finished all of the existing stages in worlds 1-6.

These new levels are filled with new enemies, gameplay mechanics and of course include pink, purple, and black coin-collecting challenges. Nintendo is promising surprises for even the most seasoned Super Mario Run players in this one.

And more

Here’s a cute final flourish for you – the update also allows you to play the game while playing your favorite music in the background, and when you do, Mario and his friends will wear headphones.

Via

http://nintendoeverything.com/super...ix-10-mode-daisy-world-star-choose-own-music/

Source

https://itunes.apple.com/story/id1273963193

Lock if old

First Toadette in Captain Toad and Mario Run, then Pauline in SMO, now Daisy here.

Interesting how Nintendo seems to be taking what are usually just throwaway spinoff characters and actually giving them more significant roles.

Guess they changed their stance on content update?

Haven't kept up but I could've sworn they said no new major content

Sounds good tho

Awesome, did not expect a content update.
Kinda the opposite for me, I expected them to support this game quite a bit more than they have so far.

As their first real mobile game I thought they'd have quite a few content updates out by now.

I've held off on buying it until now, but the sale and additional content has been what I was waiting for to pick it up.

Q: Nintendo is calling this the "Year of Luigi," and we're celebrating him, but what is Luigi after ... Is he going to save Mario. Is he going to get the girl? There are rumors that Princess Daisy is the princess for Luigi ... this could be her chance to shine.

A: (Laughter) I'll talk to Mr. Tezuka. (Producer on the current series of "New Super Mario Bros." games.)

m9gzHgo.png

YL8Qy5a.png

kvpaw.gif

so all it took was for someone to ask?

Giga Man

Daisy in a platformer again, playable for the first time in a Mario platformer, even though said platformer is a mobile auto-runner...

I think I'll be there for the sale.

Will Android have this sale as well?

Preble

First Toadette in Captain Toad and Mario Run, then Pauline in SMO, now Daisy here.

Interesting how Nintendo seems to be taking what are usually just throwaway spinoff characters and actually giving them more significant roles.

Bout time Daisy gets to do something besides go to Mario Parties.

Now how about my man Waluigi?

emag

Is there any reasonable way to win at Toad Rally anymore? Early on you could count on other players being of varying skill levels, but now it seems they're all masters. You've got to rack up a lot of wins to unlock the extra characters. :(

Seik

Banned
*Download app on Play Store for my Galaxy Tab 4*

*App claims my set time is not ok and closes*

*Set time and date manually since it seems I can't set it automatically anymore*

*Gets same error code*

Fuck that.

Tonguer

Here’s a cute final flourish for you – the update also allows you to play the game while playing your favorite music in the background, and when you do, Mario and his friends will wear headphones.

This might be the most adorable gaming thing I've heard in a long time. Bravo Nintendo.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Is there any reasonable way to win at Toad Rally anymore? Early on you could count on other players being of varying skill levels, but now it seems they're all masters. You've got to rack up a lot of wins to unlock the extra characters. :(

Huh? I don't have this problem at all.

Bowl0l

What's your average score per play?

Compsiox

Banned
*Download app on Play Store for my Galaxy Tab 4*

*App claims my set time is not ok and closes*

*Set time and date manually since it seems I can't set it automatically anymore*

*Gets same error code*

Fuck that.

Did you try restarting your phone?

Daisy is best Mario girl.

tumblr_nzas2ole641ts58u8o1_250.gif

Excited to try out this new content.

Haven't finished the second half of the single-player because I didn't want to get all those My Nintendo coins at once and waste them.

Though I've still spent like over 10 hours with Toad Rally and those Gold Goomba mark cards for exclusive decorations.

They really need to allow you to store multiple Kingdom design patterns.

Yeah I'll bite for $5. That's much closer to the price point that this content is worth imo.

I hope they add offline play. That would be some very nice icing on the cake.

Any chance the always-on connection required to play this has been removed? I only ever play mobile games on the train, which has a spotty connection. I had so much trouble playing the first on the train because of the stupid error code that I avoided buying it for this reason.

If it's still the same, not going to bother paying for this shitty requirement.

The_Spaniard

Netmarble
Quick question, since the initial download is free, is the unlock purchase cross-platform account based? Meaning, can I pay for the unlock on my Android phone, and play the game on my iPad after syncing accounts?

I bought it day 1 and had a blast with it. I easily put more than 15 hours into this game and I don't play on mobile much at all. It was worth the 10$ for me.

With a substantial content addition and a 50% sale this is a no-brainer IMO. This game is a lot of fun.

Digital0Reality

Neo Member
I wonder if Nintendo will pull back on their mobile offering when they realize that apps won't have quite the same legs as their dedicated handheld/console offerings.

Top Bottom