• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport Beta Thread

Popsickles

No, it's been already explained at the reveal. The campaign consists of mission challenges, license tests, racing etiquette sessions, etc.
Nice and blunt but whatever. I thought maybe with the delay and the backlash of lack of career that they may be adding one, but seems like you know better.

img_0975-png.634623

Yea, that guy definitely was an S.

No, his driving was totally ok, but... definitely average even on console. In most PC sims leaderboards he would have been at the very bottom. Maybe it's just the based on the current average or average not updated since beta opening or so.

notacat

So how do you even know if you got into the beta? Just via email? Or do you suddenly get a message on your Playstation to download it or something.

Does the beta work with PSVR?

....I guess they didn't want me.

Button

Banned
Early GT5 Prologue had it and it looked great. I don't know why they removed it. :/

Probably because it wasn't "perfect" so Kaz didn't want it. This quest for perfection of course doesn't keep them from keeping many other lackluster features.

Gestault

Probably because it wasn't "perfect" so Kaz didn't want it. This quest for perfection of course doesn't keep them from keeping many other lackluster features.

I was about to say, the series has lost the street cred that its standards are "perfection" since arguably GT4, and definitely GT5. I don't even think that's controversial to say.

I think that's why seeing the improvements here is so satisfying for long-time fans.

[re: "universal" disappointment at a lack of career mode] I don't think it was as meaningful as you're making it out to be.

Obviously no one can speak for everyone, but GT has been well known for its career mode. Just judging from reactions on places like GTPlanet, lots of people were bummed.

Looks like you can move the camera around the car in chase view. Some people will be excited about that. You can move your head freely in cockpit view too (in GT5 and 6 you could only move from left to right).

I don't think it was as meaningful as you're making it out to be.

Obviously no one can speak for everyone, but GT has been well known for its career mode. Just judging from reactions on GTPlanet and similar forums, lots of people were bummed.

I'm on board with online focus and iRacing style leagues and safety rating, fingers crossed it'll be good, but I think Gestault is right, LOTS of people are kinda pissed and genuinely not interested in a GT without a career mode, buying cars, earning stars and special rewards ("genuinely" as in not saying "not buying" and then still getting the game day1). And that's based off of what I'm reading here on GAF in the GT threads and some GT Planet lurking.

Button

Banned
Haven't noticed any drops. It is a 20 car race too!

The overcast conditions look borderline photorealistic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3Ccb071J2s
Beta gameplay vid

Some new things:
360 camera control

Yea, that guy definitely was an S.

No, his driving was totally ok, but... definitely average even on console. In most PC sims leaderboards he would have been at the very bottom. Maybe it's just the based on the current average or average not updated since beta opening or so.

That guy did not get an S lol. Thats just the starting info. Everyone starts at E.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
So do we know if we are all fucked that aren't in the EU? Like if you're in the USA and didn't get an invite yet are you basically not getting one?

Radar
Drift
Fuel mapping
Marshals actually wave yellow flag
Fully customisable UI

Things are looking good.

So do we know if we are all fucked that aren't in the EU? Like if you're in the USA and didn't get an invite yet are you basically not getting one?

US first. Phase 2 is EU. There is still time to register for EU beta.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook

US first. Phase 2 is EU. There is still time to register for EU beta.

That doesn't answer my question. I know EU is later and such.

I'm in the US. I'm asking are all of us USA GAFers without an invite yet SOL? Like if you didn't get your US invite by now you aren't gonna get one?

Turbo91GT

I signed up for the beta soon after in went up, and I played a ton of GT5 and GT6. I'm away from home, so I checked the PS app. No invite yet...

Top Bottom