• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Nintendo Thread: Mii Nintendo, U Nintendo, Wii Nintendo

Anyone know how long the discounts stay in effect once redeemed?

I am a little interested in Project Zero 2, which is discounted 40% at 60GP, and I have 40GP expiring this month. The thing is, I currently have so many games to play that I don't know how long it'd take me to get around to playing PZ2, or even if I ever would. Certainly not in this month, and the discount stops being redeemable at the beginning of next month, so I am a little hesitant to put any real money into it right now. But if the discount stays in effect for a while after the reward becomes unavailable at My Nintendo, I might be more interested redeeming it.

It immediately becomes applied to your Nintendo account and expires after 30 days.

Hey this is not exactly correct.

Discounts have different periods of availability

Look at the bottom of the discount offer page to see. Some are three months after redemption.

The offer expires 30 days after the last day you are are able to redeem it.

So if discount offer is only redemable until 11/01 then the offer will expire 30 days after. This allows you to not have to wait till the last possible day to get the longest availability to use the offer.

RedToad64

Hey this is not exactly correct.

Discounts have different periods of availability

Look at the bottom of the discount offer page to see. Some are three months after redemption.

The offer expires 30 days after the last day you are are able to redeem it.

So if discount offer is only redemable until 11/01 then the offer will expire 30 days after. This allows you to not have to wait till the last possible day to get the longest availability to use the offer.

That's right. My mistake.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Unless those themes aren't available in EU, this is the first time that 3DS themes that're available for purchase in the theme shop don't cost gold coin (they usually are 20 gold coins).

...also thanks to My Nintendo, I'm actually running into the issue of having too many themes to have in rotation, especially if the US gets those 3 NES ones.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
It's probably been there a while, but I've just noticed that if one connected their Miitomo avatar to My Nintendo, it finally shows the outfit as well.

(Come on Switch supports………)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
That Super Famicom one is actually rather decent, almost tempted to use that on my phone. I wonder if there'll be one for the SNES.

OmegaFax

The EU SNES Classic got the best of both worlds. SNES + SFC logo and design + US releases.

Every time I see this thread bumped, I'm hoping it's Switch My Nintendo rewards.

It's probably been there a while, but I've just noticed that if one connected their Miitomo avatar to My Nintendo, it finally shows the outfit as well.

(Come on Switch supports………)

Yeah. It has been a bit but I can't remember exactly when.

Miitomo updated around the beginning of the month to have its Mii Maker have the new options available in the Switch one.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Man, that Shieka Slate one is awesome. It seems the discount is 50 gold coins, which drops the price from 900 yen to 1,200 yen, so basically a 30% discount.

...granted, 50 gold coins = buy $40+ digital.

Ninja Dom

JP MyNintendo store is selling botw and Splatoon 2 smartphone cases. And you can use gold coins to buy coupons for them...

https://topics.nintendo.co.jp/c/article/dddcf289-99e3-11e7-8cda-063b7ac45a6d.html

00000808_820_461.jpg

00000808_12.jpg

00000808_05.jpg

00000808_06.jpg

jholmes

Every time I forget that Nintendo has blocked off the My Nintendo site on Wii U.

It says a lot about how bad My Nintendo is and how lost Kimishima-era Nintendo is that you can't access the site on the Wii U or 3DS browsers.

Fixed that for you.

Also, as usual, the American version is the worst. Japan gets physical rewards. Europe gets game downloads. We get shit coupons.
Man, I knew it would suck but I honestly can't believe how horrible it still is. It's completely worthless...haha

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I preferred physical rewards, but I could always live with digital games at least. Just being coupons and wallpapers though.. I don't even check My Nintendo more than once every couple of weeks. Club Nintendo nearly a daily venture for me, just to browse, check and clear my task list. I really loved giving feedback on titles as well, although I'm sure any of the more detailed responses went into the ether.

zroid

Banned
The Pokken wallpaper is actually not bad, but I think I'll edit out the text. Then it just appears like a splash of various Pokemon, looks nice.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
It's sad how often I check the site, hoping for something interesting to pop up. At least I don't have any coins expiring this month.

I feel like the one month people start just using up their coins on wallpapers etc cause they are expiring, will be the one time they put out a GOOD prize. I keep holding onto mine, only using them if they are expiring, just in case that happens...

foltzie1

Am I right in thinking that any points earned from a launch Switch console have since expired? Cos if so, that's fucked.

There were no coins for the console itself. Any coins from games during the launch month sould not expire until March 2018. .

Edit: I was corrected on when gold coins expire. It’s. Is a year not six months.

Top Bottom