• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neogaf Rock/Indie/Alt Music Thread (RockGAF?)

Mifune

Mehmber
After one listen, the new Dirty Projectors is fine, I guess. But I really miss the old vocal harmonies. Seems like the band is just Dave Longstreth now, as it was in the beginning. Bring back Olga, at least!

Linius

Grabbed a ticket for Father John Misty in Amsterdam. One of those three small shows he's doing in Europe to celebrate his forthcoming release. Never seen him live so quite excited. Hopefully he will be doing more than just the new album. It's march 21 so a few weeks before release.

Futureman

I'm pissed the Mac Demarco show sold out in Pittsburgh. Stupid waiting on buying tickets.

Grabbed Waxahatchee/Kevin Morby tickets for next month though. Excited!

Futureman

Camp Cope's LP is pretty decent.

I'm obsessed with their new song "Keep Growing" though (from their EP with Cayetana). What a song.

big ander

Camp Cope's LP is pretty decent.

I'm obsessed with their new song "Keep Growing" though (from their EP with Cayetana). What a song.
For me it's Footscray Station, playing that one a lot. Had only heard Cayetana when I grabbed the split but now I definitely need to get camp cope's LP.

Futureman

Pitchfork's review reminded me that Vagabon's album is out.

I've listened to the tracks released so far, but doing my first full album listen through now. She's really good... "Minneapolis" sounds like a Jawbreaker "24-Hour Revenge Therapy" song musically.

yagal

New Alt-J album, Relaxer, also coming out this year. First song has been released. Sounds pretty cool.

YouTube link for 3WW I think it'll get removed though.

24027086531_f85a78cb81_o.png

Dead links

Dead links everywhere

eDIT. Here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=za2oOfqwyzg

Please don'y kill me but I think that Lorde - Green Light is not bad at all

faridmon

WALL announced debut album, ''UNTITLED'' Out on 29th April

Tracklist

01 High Ratings
02 Shimmer Of Fact
03 Save Me
04 (Sacred) Circus
05 “Wounded At War
06 Everything In Between
07 Charmed Life (Half Japanese cover)
08 Weekend
09 Turn Around
10 River Mansion

The released a track from that album

High Ratings

April looks to be a great month

YaBish

New Alt-J album, Relaxer, also coming out this year. First song has been released. Sounds pretty cool.

YouTube link for 3WW I think it'll get removed though.
It's on Spotify now by the way in case anyone was wondering. Hyped to see what they do next. Wish I could've seen them live before they got huge, because I feel like their music is too intimate for arena rock (or at least it seemed that way when I saw them in 2015).

Except for Taro, that song is fantastic live

big ander

New Girlpool: "123"

Glad they're going for a fuller sound with this one with the drums, hopefully they rock harder on a couple songs. The debut was good but so homogenous that it lacked the replay value of the ep

My gut was right about the Temples album. I just needed to listen to it a couple times for it to click. Standouts so far are I Wanna Be Your Mirror and Mystery of Pop. On the latter track, they manage to hit a nice blend of 60s and 80s music.

WALL announced debut album, ''UNTITLED'' Out on 29th April

Tracklist

The released a track from that album

High Ratings

April looks to be a great month

Great! I've been dying for new material from them ever since somebody posted their EP here last year. That EP along with the EP from Hoops were constantly in my rotation. Now both are coming out with new albums.

Top Bottom