• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYC GAF |OT| We get around in a hole in the ground

Crayons

Banned
Not going to call out specific people but someone was black out drunk and somehow ended up breaking into some dude's car and passing out inside. When they saw him they were filming the whole thing and fortunately thought it was hilarious, but could have easily called the cops and/or beat his ass.
Ohhh shit. I don't think he knows so I just told him

It was you, Crayons

Nice try, I don't know how to break into cars

Hey nycGAF,
here's a nice group shot, enjoy =)

SSdWGORl.png

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Not going to call out specific people but someone was black out drunk and somehow ended up breaking into some dude's car and passing out inside. When they saw him they were filming the whole thing and fortunately thought it was hilarious, but could have easily called the cops and/or beat his ass.

That kind of sounds amazing.

Jhoan

Moderation or pacing are key... as is food

Why we took a taco break!

Some fine tacos too
No more box of wine for me and no pre-gaming on wine in the future. Beer is fine. It's completely dead to me. It sounds like I dodged a bit of a bullet because tacos would have messed me up something fierce. Where did you guys eat tacos from?
That's New York for you. I'll bet it's up on YouTube or Facebook already.
Hey nycGAF,
here's a nice group shot, enjoy =)

SSdWGORl.png
That takes care of the last missing piece of the puzzle because I don't recognize a handful of people. Care to do a who's who of the unfamiliar faces?

Jhoan

Anyone know what was filming by transit museum yesterday? Something had overturned SUVs and cars on fire. Can't find what show it was though :(
Beats me. This is news to me! Are there any pictures out there on social media? It might be a superhero show.

Union Square is getting a tech hub that's going to replace the PC Richards by Trader Joe's. It's going to be a tech training center as well as an event space. Here's a quote:

The 36,500-square-foot tech-training center will include an event space, classrooms and breakout spaces. Development programs there will be led by organizations like the New York City Foundation for Computer Science Education, General Assembly, Per Scholas, FedCap, Code to Work and Coalition for Queens.

The hub will be anchored by Civic Hall, a work and event space for community organizations, tech companies, government agencies and entrepreneurs, officials said.

Here's some renders:
extralarge.jpg

extralarge.jpg

More in the link.

New York Beer Week is kicking off this Friday and runs until March 5th. It's $55 for unlimited beer samples from 50 breweries at the Brooklyn Expo Center:

The event lineup — which runs through March 5 — features tastings, tours, home-brewing workshops, pairing menus, and the first-ever NYC Fermentation Festival, a family-friendly fair dedicated to all kinds of fermented foods and beverages, from sauerkraut to kombucha.

Beats me. This is news to me! Are there any pictures out there on social media? It might be a superhero show.

Union Square is getting a tech hub that's going to replace the PC Richards by Trader Joe's. It's going to be a tech training center as well as an event space. Here's a quote:

Here's some renders:
extralarge.jpg

extralarge.jpg

More in the link.

New York Beer Week is kicking off this Friday and runs until March 5th. It's $55 for unlimited beer samples from 50 breweries at the Brooklyn Expo Center:

Finally found something on twitter, apparently it was Homeland

https://twitter.com/nypaulstanley/status/833665657623437316

Homeland being filmed in Brooklyn makes sense because the latest season takes place in the city. I'm guessing they're shooting the latter half of the season that will be edited during the summer and air in the fall.

Yeah, one of the firefighters was talking about it being part of a finale so that would make sense. I've never seen the show.

Jhoan

Yeah, one of the firefighters was talking about it being part of a finale so that would make sense. I've never seen the show.
I've never seen it either but I'm aware of it. It's hard for me to disassociate Claire Danes from the Romeo and Juliet film that she did with Leo DiCaprio and John Leguizamo.

Penguin

That takes care of the last missing piece of the puzzle because I don't recognize a handful of people. Care to do a who's who of the unfamiliar faces?

Let me see if I can get this from left to right

Crayons, Fox, Gazele, Me (Penguin), taybul, Mrs. Taybul (I don't think she has an account yet), Lulubop, Bob Page, Peltz, Peng, Makai, Numbers

Shanlei91

Oh wasn't on line... haha pic from Twitter
Sadly at work

How was it? And do they have other Switch demo stations?

Ahhh. I left once they said the demo was 20 mins long. I had already been there for 25mins and the same guy was on the station the whole time so they weren't keeping proper time. There was about 4 or 5 people ahead of me and I had to get back to work. Plus I really wanted to just see how the switch itself felt so that was gonna be dud since it's the Pro controller.

There aren't any other Switch stations, just the one.

Has anyone been to the Dave and Busters in Times Sq?

Was looking to go with a couple friends to play DDR A, just wanted to know how it is.

Went to the Nintendo store today, the line was long and it seem like the person who was at the demo was there for at least 20 minutes, no way in hell is it worth waiting for that

Shanlei91

Has anyone been to the Dave and Busters in Times Sq?

Was looking to go with a couple friends to play DDR A, just wanted to know how it is.

It's like an adult Chuck E Cheese. Decent assortment of newish arcade games - I think there's one or two DDR machines near the back. There's a bar for drinks/food and then an actual restaurant area adjacent to the gaming room.

I used to go there a lot when I lived in New Jersey. Haven't been in maybe 6 years. Make sure to pick up a coupon for buy $20 in playing credit, get $20 free. They almost always have that promo up in some capacity, whether by signing up for their newsletter or whatever.

Edit: Got an e-mail saying you can get the coupon by downloading the app right now.

Went to the Nintendo store today, the line was long and it seem like the person who was at the demo was there for at least 20 minutes, no way in hell is it worth waiting for that

Worst part is watching how bad people are at video games. My time waiting on that line made me start to rethink about going to PAX East this year.

It's like an adult Chuck E Cheese. Decent assortment of newish arcade games - I think there's one or two DDR machines near the back. There's a bar for drinks/food and then an actual restaurant area adjacent to the gaming room.

I used to go there a lot when I lived in New Jersey. Haven't been in maybe 6 years. Make sure to pick up a coupon for buy $20 in playing credit, get $20 free. They almost always have that promo up in some capacity, whether by signing up for their newsletter or whatever.

Edit: Got an e-mail saying you can get the coupon by downloading the app right now.

Worst part is watching how bad people are at video games. My time waiting on that line made me start to rethink about going to PAX East this year.

Thanks

Yeah there's a bunch of deals going on and other stuff. I know I need to get the power card and fill it with credits, maybe supercharge it for more. That 20 for 20 deal is nice though thanks for letting me know. Wanted to see if anyone knew specifics about the ddr machine itself so I can kind of plan ahead.

They also have that one hour thing for like 10 bucks, but dunno if it's worth it depending on the machine pricing.

Jhoan

I'm going to be in the Hell's Kitchen area today since I'm finally going to go to Jolly Monk to pick up my bag. If anyone wants to meet up afterwards, let me know. I'm going to stick around the area for a few hours.

Shanlei91

One of the perks of living in a studio apartment is that a tiny AC can make the whole place freezing.

Makes going outside seem painful.

Jhoan

I wonder what's being built on the corner of 46th and 8th. It looks interesting.

EDIT:It looks like a fast food restaurant with some 1950s inspired style. Maybe a bigger space for Shake Shack.

dickroach

Yeah I was by there earlier and there were like 8 people in line. Screw that.

I watched for a couple of minutes and the game did in fact look good. I wonder how the Wii u versions gonna be. I don't think I'm keeping my switch pre order

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
This summer is going to be unbearable though I want to see if I can cryogenically freeze myself in the fridge.

Top Bottom