• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

.hack//G.U. Last Recode Logs Back into The World November 3

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
After studying the character portraits I'm left wondering something:

Whats up with the art for Al, Lyco, Shugo, Rena, and Haseo B-st's?

I dun recognize 'em from anywhere. Does anyone here know where they're from? The game characters come from their old source material art (barring oddities like Lios, did he not have official art back in the day?). Bullets as well comes from art straight from the novel. However everyone from anime/manga/etc. are using their Link portraits.

Al, Lyco, Shugo, Rena, and Haseo B-st were all in Link and as such coulda had their portrait art ripped right from it. So why...?

http://www.cc2.co.jp/15th_hack_vote/

Reposting for the new page btw! Popularity poll returns!

RRockman

Banned
Had to come out and support best girl of course.

latest

I don't care if she's unpopular, she's the best deuteragonist this series ever had imo

RRockman

Banned
Unpopular? Does anyone dislike BlackRose?

He's in the lead right now. More than doubles anybody else
if you include the votes put towards Sora (SIGN), Sora (ZERO), and Haseo B-st
. Just like last time...

She's never really placed all that high in these polls. IIRC, she didn't even break top ten and was 18th in the 2012 poll. I honestly expect her to be even lower this time.

Y'know back when I first played these games I would always joke to my little brother that he was "Sasuke done right". It was really because while they happen to share VAs and similar hairstyles, it was more fun to see a character like him dip into the edge but then have him grow over time and become a genuinely likable guy than to have that type of character go all in and get away scottfree like Sauske did.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Unpopular? Does anyone dislike BlackRose?

He's in the lead right now. More than doubles anybody else
if you include the votes put towards Sora (SIGN), Sora (ZERO), and Haseo B-st
. Just like last time...

I personally really like Haseo. I know most people find him as edge lord but honestly his one of the very few characters has good reason why he was such an asshole.

After you done the tutorial, Haseo politely thanked them for helping him but then suddenly got killed. Then Ovan finds him and lets him join his guild. He was happy for while and found friend like Shino but she suddenly gets killed by Tri-Edge and she goes to coma, by then Ovan goes missing so Haseo couldn't asked for his help.
Haseo then decides to worked his ass off to reach level 133 to try beat Tri-Edge but he doesnt know, that so called Tri-Edge dosent follow the game's rules so Haseo gets his ass kicked and his level gets reduced from 133 to 1, so now his being treated like noob.
After all that. It turns out Ovan the guy he trusted was Tri-Edge.

I dont know about you but If were him I would also be super frustrated.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
She's never really placed all that high in these polls. IIRC, she didn't even break top ten and was 18th in the 2012 poll. I honestly expect her to be even lower this time.
2008: 33rd
2010: 17th
2012: 18th
2017: 6th (female division), 19th (overall)

Aside from 2008 which was literally right at the tail-end of G.U. mania she's been a decently high ranker considering those polls weren't split between genders/race. I think more people need ta read Another Birth. I also think I'm happy I don't live in a universe in which G.U. got its own "Another Birth" with Atoli is the MC... @_@;

I personally really like Haseo. I know most people find him as edge lord but honestly his one of the very few characters has good reason why he was such an asshole.
Haseo's okay but not my vote for best guy. Even when he's chill and completely turned off the edge he still doesn't come off as super likeable to me. Not my type I guess. Still leagues above the bottom of the pool where the likes of Silver Knight lie lol.

Danjin44

Y'know back when I first played these games I would always joke to my little brother that he was "Sasuke done right". It was really because while they happen to share VAs and similar hairstyles, it was more fun to see a character like him dip into the edge but then have him grow over time and become a genuinely likable guy than to have that type of character go all in and get away scottfree like Sauske did.

I fucking hated Sauske. I even lost respect for Sakura for still end up with him after all his done.

Danjin44

Haseo's okay but not my vote for best guy. Even when he's chill and completely turned off the edge he still doesn't come off as super likeable to me. Not my type I guess. Still leagues above the bottom of the pool where the likes of Silver Knight lie lol.

I understand . For me I don't need characters to be "likeable" in order for me to care for them. Haseo is very flawed person and I think thats what I liked about him.

RRockman

Banned
2008: 33rd
2010: 17th
2012: 18th
2017: 6th (female division), 19th (overall)

Aside from 2008 which was literally right at the tail-end of G.U. mania she's been a decently high ranker considering those polls weren't split between genders/race. I think more people need ta read Another Birth. I also think I'm happy I don't live in a universe in which G.U. got its own "Another Birth" with Atoli is the MC... @_@;

:D

oh wow I didn't think they would have current ranking displayed as well! And it it seems like she doing fairly well like you said! I want her higher but I can live with her being in the top ten female class.

The reason why I like her and Kite so much is that they go great together. Like she provides the Kick Kite needs to get in gear and his calm reassurance keeps her in check. I never got that feeling of balance with Haseo and Atoli and they honestly fell flat with me.

I fucking hated Sauske. I even lost respect to Sakura for still end up with him after all his done.

You and Me both. His arc felt like hot garbage dropped into my eyeballs. He makes Haseo look like frigging Kite when comes to their ruder actions and how they treat their friends.

Danjin44

You and Me both. His arc felt like hot garbage dropped into my eyeballs. He makes Haseo look like frigging Kite when comes to their ruder actions and how they treat their friends.
Sasuke is trying waaay to hard be cool and "bad boy" I think that's why Sakura liked about him. Haseo in other hand was just angry and frustrated and for good damn reason.

I honestly hope this leads to them making G.U.2.
As much I love G.U. I don't really want that. I enjoyed IMQO as well so I would love to see remaster or better yet remake of those games.

Taruranto

I dun recognize 'em from anywhere. Does anyone here know where they're from? The game characters come from their old source material art (barring oddities like Lios, did he not have official art back in the day?). Bullets as well comes from art straight from the novel. However everyone from anime/manga/etc. are using their Link portraits.

Al, Lyco, Shugo, Rena, and Haseo B-st were all in Link and as such coulda had their portrait art ripped right from it. So why...?

Popularity is what I expected, except Ovan that I thought would be waaaay higher and over someone like Endrance (Which personally can't stand).
Why is Tsukasa on the boys list.

BaconHat

The polls are pretty much what i expected. Since .hack Link and the movie did not light any jpb charts on fire from what i've seen, it make sense that the one with the more long lasting personality was G.U.

(Always happy to see Haseo, Kite, Alkaid and Shino so high in the list.)

Only one that really surprise me is Aura below Mistral.

Popularity is what I expected, except Ovan that I thought would be waaaay higher and over someone like Endrance (Which personally can't stand).
I think the poll is made by in-game character gender only.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Ohh man now that I'm no longer sleepy I've noticed more oddities. This polls a bust >.>

No reps for:
Quantum
The Movie (aside from Sora but you'd think Balder & Gondo would be there at minimum)
Thanatos

And why is Sora using her Link art while every other character from the games are using art from their game? Or movie for that matter. Haseo B-st art is from Trilogy promo art as I've found out. Sheesh. I would totally voted for Hermit but he's nowhere to be found in the beast, or any other category!

Same reason Saburou is on the female list. Gender of the players PC trumps their real life selves apparently.

How the heck has Lycoris of all characters managed to hold decent popularity for so long?
Tragic + Cute!

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
The poll is really heating up!

Somehow outta nowhere Endrance has zoomed on up to 2nd place in the Male PC category, while Atoli has blown past her rivals Shino and Alkaid and is currently holding first in the Female PC one o_O;

Used to watch my friend play these games. They looked overwhelming at the time but I'm really excited to try them out now. Seems like a really nice collection with all the extras packed in. Got it on my Steam wishlist, ready to preorder! >:3

Danjin44

Somehow outta nowhere Endrance has zoomed on up to 2nd place in the Male PC category, while Atoli has blown past her rivals Shino and Alkaid and is currently holding first in the Female PC one o_O;

ScreenShot2017-09-18at9.12.41PM.png

Hmmm, I've never seen Haseo in that last outfit.
The last one is his 5th form in new vol in Last Recode

rackham

Will there be Japanese VA on this game? Don't really like the English VA for this and I'm one of those people that followed this game HEAVY up to the US release. I used to watch the cutscenes with fan subs.

dragn

Will there be Japanese VA on this game? Don't really like the English VA for this and I'm one of those people that followed this game HEAVY up to the US release. I used to watch the cutscenes with fan subs.

need to know this too, cant stand the screaming in english lol. is one of the voice actors from dragonball?

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
need to know this too, cant stand the screaming in english lol. is one of the voice actors from dragonball?
Yes! Dual audios been confirmed for a good long whiles now!

BaconHat

I'm honestly surprised. It really seemed we would get the same order for the top three as the one they made at the time.
(Link for those wondering : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXEiBbOJGGY)

I guess no one here likes Atoli other than me.
giphy.webp

For me, Atoli has always been in a weird spot for me. I really like her character growth in the games, but i really wished that, at the end, she would have learned how to stand on her own entirely.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
I guess no one here likes Atoli other than me.
I like Peaco! Does that count o.o?

I'm honestly surprised. It really seemed we would get the same order for the top three as the one they made at the time.
(Link for those wondering : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXEiBbOJGGY)
That was just 2008! The 2010 and 2012 polls told different tales! Would be weird ta see a repeat of any of 'em considering how many more characters have been added over time. Just a vote for a single newer character takes one away from an older one the person might've chosen instead! Thats why I picked Tokio as my main man!

squall23

Just waiting for when they will announce the premium edition in English. No words of that yet, right?
The premium edition has a drama CD, so unless that somehow gets dubbed (which is very unlikely, I can't remember the last time a drama CD got dubbed if ever), or that gets taken out from the English version, it's not being released outside of Japan.

klaushm

I don't think we ever gonna get premium edition for this.
God

For a minute there NA wasn't even getting it physically so I highly doubt it, unfortunately.
F-

The premium edition has a drama CD, so unless that somehow gets dubbed (which is very unlikely, I can't remember the last time a drama CD got dubbed if ever), or that gets taken out from the English version, it's not being released outside of Japan.
Dammit

Thanks. I needed to confirm this.

Psxphile

Really weird they took out the voices of the intro movies for that trailer.

Thought that was weird too. The comments suggest it's just an issue with the TGS build. Also apparently there will be more lines added for scenes that weren't voiced before? Do we have confirmation that's going to be the case?

aitakute

Thought that was weird too. The comments suggest it's just an issue with the TGS build. Also apparently there will be more lines added for scenes that weren't voiced before? Do we have confirmation that's going to be the case?

First time I've heard such thing

Top Bottom