• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Movies Anywhere - New Digital Movie Locker

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Yeah Raiders of the Lost Ark didn't transfer. I thought since it's Lucasfilm it'd be okay but I guess it's still Paramount's turf.

no, paramount sucks 😜

I have a bunch of Paramount SD digital copies that are still stuck in SD hell. 😜 C'mon Paramount!!

no, paramount sucks 😜

I have a bunch of Paramount SD digital copies that are still stuck in SD hell. 😜 C'mon Paramount!!

Fifty bucks says they release their own “Paramount Movies Everywhere!” app that completely defeats the purpose of putting all of your movies together no matter who made them (unless they’re indie movies...).

Wag

This application has no explicit mapping for /error, so you are seeing this as a fallback.

Thu Oct 12 15:26:58 GMT 2017
There was an unexpected error (type=Internal Server Error, status=500).
LinkToRetailerCommand could not be queued for execution and no fallback available

Amazon isn't linking. Anyone else?

DOWN

Banned
Anyone else who linked iTunes last night figure out how to reconnect it today since they reset it?

giga

Any search engines that search across iTunes, Amazon, Google Play, and Vudu for the lowest price?

Found one that's good. Let's you filter by buy/rent as well as SD/HD.

https://www.justwatch.com/us/movie/interstellar

ocYHT4u.png

(Note: Interstellar is Paramount so it's not supported.)

This is fantastic. This is why I always appreciated Disney Movies Anywhere - one code, all services. I have used a bunch of Vudu's Disc to Digital conversions, and now they're (mostly) in my Google AND Amazon libraries. This is really fantastic. I hope all the studios get on board.

Also, one great feature of DMA that is carrying over to MA - Extra features. If you use MA, and look at a movie, you will see featurettes, deleted scenes, etc that would usually be lost if viewing through a provider service. Disney/Pixar movies always had that through the DMA service.

Cheebo

Banned
GoT (so all HBO programming) isn't part of Movies Anywhere?

"Movies Anywhere".

Oh and Paramount can't go do their own counter software. Paramount has one of the weakest backlogs. To do their own thing in the face of Disney, Fox, Universal, and Sony joined forces would be laughable.

Wag

Someone figure out the cheapest way to get 4k movies now.

Oddly enough, I have only one 4k Vudu redemption, Batman vs Superman (don't ask) and only the Theatrical Cut is MA, not the Extended.

DOWN

Banned
"Movies Anywhere".

Oh and Paramount can't go do their own counter software. Paramount has one of the weakest backlogs. To do their own thing in the face of Disney, Fox, Universal, and Sony joined forces would be laughable.
Yeah Paramount is gonna fold eventually. They were part of UV and they have had lots of news coverage this year about how much they’ve been weakened financially.

DOWN

Banned
Someone figure out the cheapest way to get 4k movies now.

Oddly enough, I have only one 4k Vudu redemption, Batman vs Superman (don't ask) and only the Theatrical Cut is MA, not the Extended.
I assume buying iTunes codes and redeeming in iTunes is the easiest. Anything available in 4K on iTunes is automatically upgraded to that whether you paid extra for 4K or not. Though there’s some exceptions like Disney Movies for now.

jamie2497

Neo Member
Just so you guys know even though the movies ported over from other services into iTunes show as 4k they only play in HD at the moment :( Tested on multiple films

Snaku

Banned
Got Vudu to link, but nothing is transferring between my accounts yet. I think it might be because I have over 1000 movies on Vudu and MA had a heart attack.

Wag

I'm looking on my iPad and nothing is showing up in iTunes. Should all the MA movies be under "purchased"?

Awww. Wonder Woman isn't available on iTunes in 4k. 😢

Cheebo

Banned
Yeah Paramount is gonna fold eventually. They were part of UV and they have had lots of news coverage this year about how much they’ve been weakened financially.

Yeah UV is pretty much dead at this point. UV didn't have Disney, this does. And this is compatible with the big retailers like Apple, Google, and Amazon unlike UV.

Paramount will have no choice but to fold.

aka_bueno

I'm looking on my iPad and nothing is showing up in iTunes. Should all the MA movies be under "purchased"?

Awww. Wonder Woman isn't available on iTunes in 4k. 😢

Not iTunes, but the TV app. It’ll be in your library in the movies section.

(The iTunes app on iOS is just a store front basically, the TV app holds your movies/tv shows libraries)

Wag

I'm not seeing any movies in the TV app.

I don't want to buy any 4k movies on iTunes until I'm sure my movies are going to show up across platforms.

aka_bueno

I'm not seeing any movies in the TV app.

I don't want to buy any 4k movies on iTunes until I'm sure my movies are going to show up across platforms.

If you linked Vudu, Vudu seems to take some time. Took about 30 minutes before they showed up. The others (DMA, Amazon, Google) however showed up instantly for me.

Fox Mulder

Vudu linked, but only showing a fraction of my titles in MA. Stuff like John Wick or Dredd don't show up.

MA is also a nightmare at showing titles. No sorting options and isn't even alphabetical by default.

giga

Awww. Wonder Woman isn't available on iTunes in 4k. ��

What do you have linked? They should show up in purchased as well.

//ARCANUM

I got Vudu to link, but the libraries aren't merging. And I only have 55 movies in Vudu.... No change on Vudu or Movies Anywhere. Any ideas?

aka_bueno

I got Vudu to link, but the libraries aren't merging. And I only have 55 movies in Vudu.... No change on Vudu or Movies Anywhere. Any ideas?

As stated a few times, Vudu lags. Takes some time before they show up. Also, any movies from non supported studios (like MGM and Paramount) aren’t supported. Hopefully they jump on board eventually.

//ARCANUM

As stated a few times, Vudu lags. Takes some time before they show up. Also, any movies from non supported studios (like MGM and Paramount) aren't supported. Hopefully they jump on board eventually.

Ah okay, I'll just wait a bit then. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also, I hope this forces other companies (like Vudu, Amazon, etc) to match Apple on free upgrades to 4K. I doubt it would happen, but that seems to be the only lack of parity in this whole thing that I'm noticing so far.

edit - update! yeah just took a bit and then everything showed up ^_^

Fox Mulder

Some studios and distributors haven’t signed up yet. Lionsgate and Paramount are not included yet.

I'm fine with just using Vudu. It's where all my movies are and linking with MA already pulled in the free movies and Amazon stuff I had on to Vudu.

Are you playing on an ATV 4K?

I'm seeing the same thing. Lego Batman - which I got from Amazon - shows 4K/Dolby Vision in my library but when I play it the pull down menu shows it's playing in HD/Dolby Vision.

Baby Driver and Spiderman Homecoming, which I got from codes redeemed on the Bluray via the MoviesAnywhere site, show the same behavior.

Hopefully it's just a quirk being ironed out.

To be fair, there's a bit a lot of growing pains in my experience (and reading other people's experiences online) with the HD->4K upgrades on iTunes. Movies showing 4K then changing back to HD then changing back to 4K, things like that.

Wag

So which iPad app are we discussing? I have an old iPad 3, so I'm stuck on iOS 9.3.5. I don't see any of my MA movies in the movie app and I can't download the Apple TV app. Am I SOL?

So a really frustrating glitch just happened. Tried to play a movie from Movies Anywhere and it wiped out all the data on my iCloud TV app. Play history, up next, everything.

Top Bottom