• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT2| You missed the Conference Call, next time don't Bee late.

Inskipp

Previous thread can be viewed here.

ot2fub1m.png

Steam- icon takes you to the steam- group, PSN/XBL- icons direct you to a google doc spreadsheet.

updates9mypw.png

• 14/12/2012: More details + new skins/heads from the Hammerlock DLC - Link
  • 13/12/2012: Third DLC info arises - will be called "Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt" - Details
  • 13/12/2012: New patch for PS3/360/PC - Patch notes
    ---------------------------------------
  • 19/11/2012: Mister Torgue's reddit AMA - Link
  • 16/11/2012: First news detailing the upcoming DLC have emerged. Release is stated to be November 20th - Details
  • 13/11/2012: Patch 1.2.0 got released, R.I.P The Bee - Patch Notes
  • 30/10/2012: Borderlands 2 Xbox 360 "virus" spreading, deleting player saves - article
  • 18/10/2012: Second BL2 DLC info arises - will be called "Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage" - details
  • 11/10/2012: The first BL2 expansion pack will be available on October 16th 2012 titled "Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate's Booty" - details
  • 09/10/2012: Gaige Mechromancer DLC arrives a week early and is out today - free for season pass holders and $9.99 for everyone else - details
  • 26/09/2012: Nvidia has a tweak guide out for Borderlands 2 on PC going through the various settings and tweaks showing how they affect performance - source
  • 24/09/2012: Gearbox announced that there will be other character and vehicle DLC coming seperate from the season pass - thread
  • 23/09/2012: Eurogamer's Digital Foundry gives Borderlands 2 the face-off treatment - source
  • 20/09/2012: 2K Games and 1C listened to customers and will be offering a worldwide version with multiple languages for all retail and digital RU/CIS purchases - reddit post
  • 20/09/2012: Nvidia has released some performance info on PhysX in Borderlands 2 - see comparison
  • 16/09/2012: Created a seperate thread for discussing everything about the PC version of Borderlands 2 - new thread
  • 15/09/2012: Apparently some EU countries have only been given the option to purchase the RU restricted version of Borderlands 2 - complaint thread
  • 13/09/2012: More info on how the golden key pre-order bonus works - source
  • 11/09/2012: Interviews with the developers going over each character class and skilltree in depth - very handy
  • 10/09/2012: Use your golden key pre-order bonus wisely - video tip
  • 10/09/2012: Creature Slaughter Dome pre-order bonus playable for everyone if party host has the content - source

LIST OF SIDE MISSIONS WITH UNIQUE GEAR - possible spoilers (save in TVHM) - Source

A Real Boy: Human -- "Fibber" (Pistol)
    Animal rights -- "I infrequently perish" (Sniper)
    Bandit Slaughter Round 5 -- "Hail" (Combat Rifle)
    Bearer of Bad News -- "Scorpio" (Combat Rifle)
    Best Mother's Day Ever -- "Love Thumper" (Shield)
    BFFs -- Order (Shield)
    Chosen One -- "Evil Smasher" (Combat Rifle)
    Clan War: End of the Rainbow -- "Triquetra" (Shotgun)
    Clan War: Wakey Wakey -- "Veritas" (Pistol) OR "Aequitas" (Shield)
    Clan War: Zafords v Hodunks -- "Chulainn" (SMG) OR "Landscraper" (Shotgun)
    Cordially Invited/Tea Party -- Teapot (Pistol)
    Cult Following: The Enkindling -- "Flame of the Firehawk" (Shield)
    Demon Hunter -- "Buffalo" (Sniper)
    Hell Hath No Fury -- "Kiss of Death" (Grenade)
    Hungry Like the Skag -- "Stomper" (Combat Rifle)
    Hyperion Contract #873 -- "Morningstar (Sniper)"
    Hyperion Slaughter 5 -- "Chère-amie" (Sniper)
    Lost Treasure -- "Dahlminator" (Pistol)
    Note for Self Person -- "Toasty" (Rocket Launcher)
    Out of Body Experience -- "1340 Shield" OR "Shotgun 1340"
    Overlooked: Only a Test -- "Deadly Bloom" (Shield)
    Positive Self Image -- "The Afterburner" (Relic)
    Pretty Good Train Robbery -- "Fuster Cluck" (Grenade mod)
    Rakkaholic's Anonymous -- "Sloth" (Sniper) OR "Rubi" (Pistol)
    Safe and Sound -- "Heart Breaker" (Shotgun) or "Lucrative Opportunity" (Relic)
    Showdown -- "Deputy's Badge" (Relic)
    Slap Happy -- "Octo" (Shotgun)
    Splinter Group -- "RokSalt" (Shotgun)
    The Bane -- "The Bane" (SMG)
    The Good, The Bad and the Mordecai -- "Moxxi's Endowment" (Relic)
    Uncle Teddy -- "Lady Fist" (Pistol) or "Tidal Wave" (Shotgun)
    Won't Get Fooled Again -- "Law" (Pistol)

ELEMENTAL DAMAGE CHARTS (Thanks to undrtakr900 for providing!)

1st_playthough55ide.jpg

tvhm_playthough5ecyj.jpg

NOTE: Different health types are differentiated by different health bar colors:

Red = Flesh
    Blue = Shield
    Yellow = Armored

When I get home, I am going to farm Terra. a few last times pre patch, to get the Gunzerker class mod I still don't have then I will patch and live with the changes. I will also then proceed to farm the treasure room in hopes of legendary sheild that isn't the bee. hahah.

Edit: A think some extra backpack slots and bank slots in addition to a level cap increase would help make this patch more tolerable.

neoism

wonderful that stupid patch broke my game, it just crash to desktop and says the apps is already running...:/

Spawnofmoose

Neo Member
I booted up the PC version before after a couple of weeks away and found that I've got an extra 10 Golden Keys and 60 badass tokens to use. I assume something has fucked up in the patch but it'll be interesting to see if anything else has messed up.

-BLITZ-

After two Normal Mode playthroughs and one True Vault Hunter, heading to the second one, I made my own organization and favorites, including legendary weapons.

• Pistol:
  • DaHL - large clip, max fire rate, medium to max reload speed if is necessary, having corrosive damage for Loaders. Legendary Pistol to the best.
  • Jakobs - max damage on current level , good fire rate, medium to max size clip if is necessary, having scope for long distances.
  • Hyperion: large size clip, corrosive elemental for loaders, medium to max damage, medium speed, max fire rate, two bullets per shot minimum.

SMG:
  • Maliwan - large size clip something that is very rare to find, with scope, medium fire rate, medium reload speed, but max damage on current level cap, elemetal fire or electricity.
  • Dahl - max fire rate, medium to max accuracy if is necessary, ussually non-elemental but slag or corrosive if the damage/per second is good enough with medium reload speed.
  • Vladof TMP's - max fire rate and large size clip obligatory, goes great with slag elemental since is very effecient than the other elementals, medium reload speed, accuracy not necessary.

Shotgun:
  • Hyperion: max fire rate, medium to max accuracy if is necessary, elemental fire or corrosive for Loaders, large clip and one bullet consume per shot obligatory, no scope necessary.

Assualt Rifles:
  • DaHL: max fire rate, max damage, max reload speed, large size clip otherwise the DaHL assault rifles act like 10 level cap pistols. No scope request.
  • Vladof AK47 - max fire rate and large size clip, max accuracy, and no minigun attachement mandatory for this baby to work, medium reload speed with non-elemental. Made for Commando Class for size clip and fire rate skills.

Sniper Rifles:
  • Vladof: max fire rate, large size clip with drum attachment, not the stock one, medium to max accuracy, medium to max reload speed, electricity elemental.
  • Jakobs: max reload speed, large size clip, max accuracy, non-elemental.

Rocket Launchers:
  • Torgue: medium or max size clip, medium accuracy, medium reload speed only since max just takes a second to reload, medium to max rocket fire rate, explosive damage.
  • Tediore: max accuracy, max rocket fire rate, medium takes a lot of time until it hits the target.
  • Bandit: medium clip, max unecessary because of their large size clip, max damage, rocket medium to max fire rate.

From the Patch Notes:

* PC: Fixed a bug in the inventory UI when quickly scrolling to the bottom of a list using the mouse wheel

Was playing today and I still had that nonsense where you can get your Actual Selection and your Mouse disconnected. It just now seems less responsive when trying to quickly scroll down (takes a second).

Maybe the bug I'm seeing (and everyone I've talked to / watched [on PC]) is not the one that this patch note is referring to.

Oh well :)

Inskipp

Anyone else notice their Seraph equipment being.... Different? I just noticed that my Blood of the Seraphs- relic stopped switching its stats around, and is firmly locked at 25% bonus health + 0,3% health regen. I checked the Seraph vendor and the relic there also had the same stats.

barugon

With The Bee fix, does anyone know if this changed all existing items, or will it only affect new drops?

If the latter, anyone care to dupe one on steam for me? :p

Dingotech

What the heck, I can't finish bosses like Terramorphus or Hyperion round 5 with my current setup including the Bee.

Now they nerf the Bee and makes the bosses harder?!?

I'm wondering if I will bother playing this game anymore...

LQX

With this patch Terramorphous took 10+ minutes to beat even with 3 Bee shields...in contrasts to the minute or so it took before the patch. I must admit though it was more fun. The loot he drops is still shit though. All that effort for nothing really.

Inskipp

With The Bee fix, does anyone know if this changed all existing items, or will it only affect new drops?
Affects every drop, checked my Bee and it lost a good chunk of its stats.

Also, Terra still has the same drop rates. Just went through killing the thing 4 times now. Took some trial and error to find the right gear for it (thank goodness for the Sham and Badaboom). Can't really vouch for farming him in a practical manner though, people might be better off just going for the Bunker, unless you really want the legendaries out of Terra.

It's sort of a shame, cause I really wanted that boatmurderer. Oh well.

OK, played a bit. The Bee seems to be balanced fair. It needed to be nerfed, maybe it could have been a little less nerfed but I admit it is fun actually experimenting with builds opposed to just starting with Bee + whatever.

That said, why the fuck did they need to make the bosses harder and keep the loot drops the same dumb low rate? Oh really, now I get to spend even more time for the same shitty drops? Sounds like a blast Gearbox! For the love of fucking god, make the boss drops better. The end game of BL2 is struggling enough as it is. This patch made it even less appealing.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I understand them not releasing DLC [news] amidst all the craziness going on in November but.. if they don't in December then that's a bad sign.

Fingers crossed that this re-balancing is in anticipation of a level cap increase. Hopefully a few more skill points could help us feel more "empowered" for lack of a better term.

Inskipp

That said, why the fuck did they need to make the bosses harder and keep the loot drops the same dumb low rate? Oh really, now I get to spend even more time for the same shitty drops? Sounds like a blast Gearbox! For the love of fucking god, make the boss drops better. The end game of BL2 is struggling enough as it is. This patch made it even less appealing.
Another alternative would be to introduce more gear that increases "magic-find" to a more tolerable level. The pre-oder relic is a joke, so there's definitely room to improve there in future DLC. That way they can keep the subpar droprates and appease the farmers.

I'm not holding my breath on the matter though.

grendelrt

OK, played a bit. The Bee seems to be balanced fair. It needed to be nerfed, maybe it could have been a little less nerfed but I admit it is fun actually experimenting with builds opposed to just starting with Bee + whatever.

This is my biggest problem with the game right now, the drop rate is retarded low for a co op game and now they just made it take even longer to farm.

Another alternative would be to introduce more gear that increases "magic-find" to a more tolerable level. The pre-oder relic is a joke, so there's definitely room to improve there in future DLC. That way they can keep the subpar droprates and appease the farmers.

I'm not holding my breath on the matter though.

That is a pretty solid idea. The "magic find" in D3 always gave me something that I could strive toward to improve my odds. Like you said, the Vault Hunter Relic is the only thing in the game that even addresses the issue and the verdict on the relic in terms of legendary drops is inconclusive at best. Increased level cap and some Loot Find based relics would really help the next DLC and the end game in general a lot. There is definitively way more room for legendary relics.

I bought this game about 6 weeks ago and havent played it yet.
This is because I cant seem to tear myself away from ME3's multiplayer and my fear of commiting to new games. I loved BL1 and probably put hundreds of hours into it.

Well I have no idea what they did with this patch, but the game is 3 times as hard now and twice as unfun. I've died like 20 times tonight. What made this game mindless fun was that it didn't seem like a grind. Guess the ride is over.

LQX

Well I have no idea what they did with this patch, but the game is 3 times as hard now and twice as unfun. I've died like 20 times tonight. What made this game mindless fun was that it didn't seem like a grind. Guess the ride is over.

Yep, was almost at LVL44 and for the most part was able to solo with not much dying now I'm finding it impossible. Oh well, I've been spending too much time on it anyway. Way to kill the fun Gearbox.

Mr. Fix

Gonna miss the Bee. How bad is it? Is it still worth it to use on bosses like Terra? I don't mind so much, as it's liberating chipping off like .5% per clip with regular guns.

Inskipp

In entirely non-patch related news, new heads from the upcoming Torgue- DLC just got leaked. Each character receives one new head by the looks of it, listed below:

Axton

Salvador

Gaige

Zer0

Maya

I'm really digging the way Axton and Salvador turned out. The latter might ease my lack of Boatmurderer.

-BLITZ-

Thanks Inskipp for the screens. Loving Axton disco head. I was very envious that Salvador had one and nothing for Axton.
Also Zero & Maya are incredible good looking.

I'm pretty sure that from the looking of these skins the next DLC will be related to Airborne fellows with the setup between The Dust and Lynchwood. That part of the map is empty.

Also, I'm started playing Borderlands because I just feel it to get back there, to remember few things, for the good old days of Firestone and all of that, but gosh there is a huge difference between them. I forgot about how unstable the aim was when pointing towards an enemy and how both Reload & Use Button reloads by gun. The thugs are more tough in first missions and the handling of the gun very rugged, but doesn't mean that it feels like a 2005 game from this differences between them because for me is a classic now and that's why it deserves to be replayed.

What in the world I'm I saying. The game is Badass. I forgot how better the revolvers are actually here. The game ain't plain just because B2 has a larger content for the gameplay. :)

HoosTrax

So, I hear there is a Fire Shotgun mightier than the Conference Call.

Is this true?
I don't know that I would consider Moxxi's Heartbreaker necessarily *better* than Conference Call, especially since you can get a fire elemental version of the CC, but it's a good alternative shotgun if you don't want to spend time farming CC. As with her SMGs, it has a heal on damage special property.

ZeroCoin

I suppose I had better start abusing fleshstick to get my characters up to a high level before they patch it on the 360. I'm a little surprised they patched all of those issues, but left the treasure room glitch in.

I booted up the PC version before after a couple of weeks away and found that I've got an extra 10 Golden Keys and 60 badass tokens to use. I assume something has fucked up in the patch but it'll be interesting to see if anything else has messed up.

just saw this on mine as well (keys for sure...not sure about ranks). Looks like it happened because of the patch.

anyone else have this happen?

HoosTrax

I suppose I had better start abusing fleshstick to get my characters up to a high level before they patch it on the 360. I'm a little surprised they patched all of those issues, but left the treasure room glitch in.
They never did patch the level geometry issues that made the Armory glitch in Secret Armory of General Knoxx possible, and the orange farming that glitch allowed was on a whole other level compared to this one.

ZeroCoin

They never did patch the level geometry issues that made the Armory glitch in Secret Armory of General Knoxx possible, and the orange farming that glitch allowed was on a whole other level compared to this one.

True enough.

I posted this in the old thread and was wondering if anyone had any experience with this situation....

So I ended up taking the fleshstick quest during playthrough 2, which makes it a level 40 quest. Does anyone know if the quest will scale up in playthrough 2.5 since you end up accepting the quest again after each failure? I'd really prefer to not have to level another character all the way to PT2.5 if I could just finish this playthrough with an existing character.

FerranMG

I don't know that I would consider Moxxi's Heartbreaker necessarily *better* than Conference Call, especially since you can get a fire elemental version of the CC, but it's a good alternative shotgun if you don't want to spend time farming CC. As with her SMGs, it has a heal on damage special property.

Well, fuck me, I recently took this quest at lvl 50, but somehow it glitched and I ended up without any of the rewards (of course I was going after the Heartbreaker).
I assume there's no way to replay the quest without starting over with another character, right?

BTW, might be a silly question, but I was thinking about this today: the weapons that "consume n ammo per shot", do they actually fire n bullets per shot?

Top Bottom