• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon for Wii U? wtf? [Up: Now at Best Buys]

Calamari41

41 > 38
Kid Icarus HD and Dark Moon HD could be very solid lineup-fillers for 2014. I bought both games but barely touched them (too much else going on at the time and I just never went back), so I personally would take that opportunity to double dip.

I'm pretty sure the Monster Hunter 3U experiment was considered a success by Capcom, so I could potentially see Nintendo doing the same thing for some of the bigger scale 3DS games.

Iwata's whole strategy is to just try and duplicate what he did to salvage the 3DS hence why the "big titles" this fall are a 3D land sequel and another Zelda port (to mimic 3D land and Ocarina on 3DS)

1080p, 60fps, and improve what they can with higher-res textures and better lighting and shadowing, could be a winner. As well as controls mimicking the original on GC.

leroidys

Would be awesome, but I would love an HD update of the original even more. It could have great Miiverse integration and would look fantastic in HD. Plus the GC version is expensive now :(

Darryl

Banned
I'm pretty sure he was joking.

So what's the consensus here? Are people thinking this is real?
...If so...
60 fps.

Well hopefully because that might mean there's some validity to their Smash Bros 5/16/2014 claim.

Kirby 3DS looks like it has an obviously employee submitted user description.

Kirby's 3DS game looks to deliver traditional Kirby gameplay. Some new powers are showcased like a rhino horn, and it looks to take advantage of the handheld's stereoscopic capabilities by moving Kirby back and forth along multiple planes.

Luigi's Mansion Wii U still seems like a no brainer. I don't know.

The shitty box art makes me think otherwise.

Box mockups aren't unusual, hell the boxes with a mere logo are similar in that they're not meant to be final.

The description make no mention of the 3DS or any sort if differing functionality. The price is identical to the 3DS game.

Kid Icarus needs to be released on Wii U with pointer controls. It'll turn a mechanically flawed game into a masterpiece.

hwy_61

Banned
Shipping kills the deal. But dude, I hope it is coming to Wii U. I never picked it up for 3DS, so this is highly welcomed.

Not sure about LM2 as great as it was, but I'd definitely double-dip on Uprising if the Wii U version was 1080/60fps and threw in a couple extras. Easily one of my favorite games last year.

Darryl

Banned
there are actually a lot of other sites listing this once you looking up that model "045496680145" and looking up "CTRNAGGE nintendo" on google. i don't know how connected all of those places are. it could've made it onto one site and they all cross-reference each other, eventually leading up to the inclusion on newegg. one of the listings is by best buy business. i don't exactly know what that is compared to the regular best buy. they have it on there for closer to $50 which would be a more realistic price. that would line it up with wind waker hd pricing. it looks like it was on there for weeks now, since there's a cached version from September 23rd

edit:

This product was added to our catalog on Saturday February 9, 2013

here that's a long way back.

Box mockups aren't unusual, hell the boxes with a mere logo are similar in that they're not meant to be final.

The description make no mention of the 3DS or any sort if differing functionality. The price is identical to the 3DS game.

Mockups are usually bare bones, not shit.

clem84

Gold Member
The price says 39.99. Sounds like the 3DS version. Probably a mistake. If not, well, I liked the 3DS version but not enough to double dip.

Mileena

Banned
I would buy the shit out of this, infact I said the game should have stuck to console where it belongs. Hope it's true.

SMT4 and Braverly Default next, no need for a 3DS!
Nintendo makes a HD console for the purpose of putting ports of handheld games on it.

that's fine, the gamepad serves the same purpose as a handheld to me and as a bonus it's not a piece of shit hardware wise

SparkTR

It would not surprise me if they did port it. Enhance the visuals so it doesn't look like an up-resed 3DS game and bring the original over as well (GC Virtual Console?) and I'd buy them both.

Top Bottom