• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Kjellson

Why does the Pokémon articles on Bulbapedia end with "(Pokémon)", like "Heatmor (Pokémon)"? Of course it's a Pokémon. What's the point?

Magnus

Fucking terrifying. (Ditto, from the tumblr linked above)

7ia7Bl.jpg

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
So, apparently some guy on Pokejungle contacted Masuda about the silouhette seen in the AR Searcher screenshot from Nintendo Direct...

Kriffix:“…Just what is that bird-like Pokémon from the released AR Searcher pics? Is it a secret? “

Masuda:”Good morning! It’s been a long time since we last met! Oh, how perceptive of you! However I have to say ‘no comment’! (>_<)”

I guess this could be the New Pokemon that Movie 15 will feature, and next month's CoroCoro will reveal...it seems to play a role in the mini-movie, so it's probably not related to the Legendaries.

So, apparently some guy on Pokejungle contacted Masuda about the silouhette seen in the AR Searcher screenshot from Nintendo Direct...

I guess this could be the New Pokemon that Movie 15 will feature, and next month's CoroCoro will reveal...it seems to play a role in the mini-movie, so it's probably not related to the Legendaries.

Didn't Extreminieren already match it to Articuno?

Wiseblade

Didn't Extreminieren already match it to Articuno?

Legendary Birds to play a major role in BW2 confirmed?

Just got my new Nintendo Power ^_^

It has some pretty sweet Pokémon Conquest art on the front; apparently that's this month's cover story. I'll get to it once I finish reading the Theatrythm story, but a glance reveals that very little has been changed in translation.

Good.

Watch Da Birdie

Does the dialouge look "fun"?

I hope they go back to the style (for Black 2 and White 2 as well) they utilized in D/P/Pt and Ranger 2, which was loose and fun (excluding the numerous SA references) as opposed to the stiff, too-literal translations BW and Ranger 3 used. Everyone spoke so plainly. :(

I hope they go back to the style (for Black 2 and White 2 as well) they utilized in D/P/Pt and Ranger 2, which was loose and fun (excluding the numerous SA references) as opposed to the stiff, too-literal translations BW and Ranger 3 used. Everyone spoke so plainly. :(

It looks to have the same air as Ranger 2 overall: fun, cheesy dialogue and a story that only takes itself seriously during important moments (i.e. Your meetings with Nobunaga).

I am rather curious to know if other people recieved different covers than I did (mine was Kenshin Uesagi and Mewtwo), similar to what NP did with DP and BW (some people got one legendary while some got the other).

Watch Da Birdie

It looks to have the same air as Ranger 2 overall: fun, cheesy dialogue and a story that only takes itself seriously during important moments (i.e. Your meetings with Nobunaga).

I am rather curious to know if other people recieved different covers than I did (mine was Kenshin Uesagi and Mewtwo), similar to what NP did with DP and BW (some people got one legendary while some got the other).

Good. I still maintain Ranger 2 had the best dialogue of any Pokemon game, beating out Gen IV due to its avoidance of pandering memes.

Gravijah

pokemon translations moved from treehouse to the pokemon company with hgss, no?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Legendary Birds to play a major role in BW2 confirmed?

I think maybe in the sense of Weather Trio of Hoenn in HeartGold/SoulSilver. A bit more significant than the other previous-gen legends, but probably not anything substantial.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
*transfers promotion arceus to entralink from dream world*

*continues reloading save, traveling to the entralink, and capturing arceus until he gets one with good IVs/nature combination.*

Watch Da Birdie

Yeah, the Kami Trio are more alike than the Regi's too. :/

For me, it goes...

1. Regi Trio. Love the design and mystery of them, and Golem are my favorite mystical creature too. Plus rocking a Level 1 Regigigas in Platinum was LOL.
2. Musketeer Trio (I love Fighting Pokemon, so that's the main reason), even if their designs aren't the greatest.
3. Kami Trio. Sure, they all look alike, but they're hilariously buff men with awesome mustaches. Plus they give us the first Pure Flying.
4. Bird/Beast Trio. No interest in them, mainly because I like the more orthodox Pokemon.
5. Lake Trio. Psychic Pokemon are overdone, and these guys are way too simillar...and their design isn't hilarious like the Kami for me to forgive that.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Question: If I leave a pokemon in the entralink, and go to the dream world, and wake up, will the new pokemon transferred over overwrite those still in the entree forest? Or will they just join them?

hmm trios ?
It'd have to go
1. Muskeeter Trio - They are just by far the least boring in looks, plus i like fighting types
2. Regi Trio- I dont like their appearance but at least they have awesome music and an awesome task you have to do to get to them.
3. Bird Trio/Beast Trio - To be honest i dont think i like any trio really but these two sets have the honor of at least not being utterly boring to me in appearances and typing
4. Lake/Kami Trio - Just plain boring zzzzzzzzzz

Alright then...
1) Regi Trio: My favourites. Fun to find, unconventional and striking designs, and the creepiest fuckers the anime have seen.
2) Muskedeer Trio: I really like Terrakion and Virizion's designs, and I like the fighting typing, but Cobalion has never really quite sat right with me, so these don't go at the top.
3) Bird Trio: This one's nostalgia as much as anything, but I do like Zapdos.
4) Kami Trio: Not a bad design... but there's only one design, just recoloured twice.
5) Beast Trio: Entei good, Suicune bland, Raikou terrible.
6) Lake Trio: BORING. All the same typing, and bland, forgettable designs.

Of course, these are just the secondary trios, without counting the Weather Trio, the Dragon trio and the Tao Trio. With those added...
1) Tao Trio
2) Regi Trio
3) Muskedeer Trio
4) Weather Trio
5) Bird Trio
6) Kami Trio
7) Dragon Trio
8) Beast Trio
9) Lake Trio

Ultratech

Trios, huh? Here's my list:

1. Bird/Beast Trio: They were pretty awesome. Except the Fire-types. Entei and Moltres just kinda sucked. (At least Entei looked cool.) Zapdos + Suicune = Give me your monies.
2. Regi Trio: I'll be honest, I never really thought much of them until I learned of Regice's uber tankiness. Also had unique ways of getting to them.
3. Lake Trio: Yeah, they're kinda samey. Azelf was a complete beast though. :D
4. Musketeer Trio: Outside of catching them, I never used them. Don't care much for the designs either.
5. Kami Trio: They're practically pallette-swaps! Never used them at all.

Okay, I'll bite.

1) Weather Trio: Being based off of Leviathan, Behemoth and Ziz has its benefits, such as having awesome abilities and being incredibly overpowered

2) Regi Trio: Their mysterious and legitimately creepy designs and themes make up for their somewhat poor stat distribution and movesets.

3) Beast Trio: Music. Next.

4) Tao Trio: People say their "Digimon-like" apperances are a bad thing. I beg to differ.

5) Muskedeer: I love the inspiration behind these three, and they have really great stats to boot.

6) Dragon Trio: Even though Palkia looks like a phallus and Dialga looks like the Time Pony, Giratina makes up for them with his Lovecraftian design. They have some pretty good moves, too.
--SUBSECTION: I'd like to take this oppourtunity to reccomend you all listen to the Primal Dialga theme from PMD2. Simply delightful.

7) Bird Trio: Just kind of bland IMO. Zapdos is cool and Articuno is sleek, but Moltres is more akin to a flaming rubber chicken than a phoenix.

8) Kami Trio: Although I do appreciate the inspiration behind their designs, they simply look too lazy for me to like them. GG, GameFreak, try again next generation.

9) Lake Trio: Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

Wiseblade

List wars? It has been a while...

Birds: Dragged down by the Rubber chicken turd that is Moltres.

Dogs/Cats/Beasts/Gerbils: Suicune the only good looking one of the bunch.

Weather: WAll three look great, especially Groudon and Rayquaza

Regis: Robotic golems made of Rock, Ice and Steel? THIS IS AUTOMATICALLY AMAZING.

Arceus' angels: D.Giratina is nice, Dialga's OK and A.Giratina and Palkia are ugly as sin.

Lake: Three Psychic monotype fairies? ZZZZZZZ

Tao: Zekrom is cool, Reshiram is passable and Kyurem is hideous.

Kami: They're all passable.

Muskedeer: Best trio since weather. All three are unique and look good. Even Keldeo is cool

Younicorn

Neo Member
Does anybody know anyone/have any tips on where I can get a Japanese copy of Heart Gold/Soul Silver for somewhat cheap?

I'd love to have one of these for my collection, but everywhere I'm seeing it is around $60.

Ugh.

OPINIONS

Intra-ranking:
Birds: Zapdos > Articuno > Moltres (Zapdos is one of my favorite electric types)
Beasts: Entei > Suicune > Raikou (Entei's theme in HGSS is superior)
Weather: Groudon = Rayquaza = Kyogre (like them for different reasons)
Golem: Regirock > Regice > Registeel
Creation: Giratina-A = Dialga > Giratina-O > Palkia
Lake: Mesprit > Azelf > Uxie (meh...)
Tao: ZEKROM > White Kyurem > Black Kyurem > Reshiram > Kyurem
Kami: Tornadus > Thundurus > Landorus
Muskedeer: Cobalion = Terrakion = Virizion = Keldeo (all are cool)

Inter-ranking:
Muskedeer = Tao > Weather > Birds > Creation > Beasts > Kami > Golem > Lake
(why must Lake Trio be so meh? I don't understand.)

D-Pad

OPINIONS

Intra-ranking:
Birds: Zapdos > Articuno > Moltres (Zapdos is one of my favorite electric types)
Beasts: Entei > Suicune > Raikou (Entei's theme in HGSS is superior)
Weather: Groudon = Rayquaza = Kyogre (like them for different reasons)
Golem: Regirock > Regice > Registeel
Creation: Giratina-A = Dialga > Giratina-O > Palkia
Lake: Mesprit > Azelf > Uxie (meh...)
Tao: ZEKROM > White Kyurem > Black Kyurem > Reshiram > Kyurem
Kami: Tornadus > Thundurus > Landorus
Muskedeer: Cobalion = Terrakion = Virizion = Keldeo (all are cool)

Inter-ranking:
Muskedeer = Tao > Weather > Birds > Creation > Beasts > Kami > Golem > Lake
(why must Lake Trio be so meh? I don't understand.)

What about Lugia and Ho-Oh?

Edit - Oh I see, we're talking trios.

hmmmm i find it hard to rate the primary trios i'd say it goes:

1) Weather Trio- They just are pretty awesome overall in design i cant really say i dislike any of them design wise therefore its only natural for them to be first versus
2) Tao Trio- Zekrom is the only one i feel looks good, reshiram is a giant fire chicken with an fire crotch and kyurem is just straight up ugly.
3) Creation Trio- Just yuck I can't say i like any of them design wise, A-Giratina comes close to being likable but still doesnt make it.

Can't really rate them in contrast to the secondary trios, my mind just cant do it.

NEO0MJ

Original only. I need to see the alt forms up close and personal before making a final decision.

Wait, what? Original Kyurem is one of the best legendaries introduced in BW and the best of the Tao trio.

Anyways, I have to say that the best overall trios are probably the Regis and the weather trio, which is kinda strange considering their game was probably the weakest.

Worst? Not sure. maybe the Lake trio?

Top Bottom