• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Ghosts 360/PS3/WiiU/PC box art appears, 11/5/2013, rumored details

Foshy

Really? I think it's pretty horrible. I mean, at least he isn't running towards the screen but it could be a lot better.

Still looking forward to the reveal though.

While I like the subject of the box-art, I don't think it looks like a game (or even movie) cover at all. Not sure how to explain, it's just a nice photograph with some text over it.

I wonder if Sony is now gonna secure timed exclusive dlc for this game.
I think Microsoft's contract might be up.

It sure seems like Activision has switched partnerships from Microsoft to Sony.
Bungie showing up on the Sony stage was a big tell.

We'll probably we a COD demo at Sony's E3 this time as well.

RoKKeR

While I like the subject of the box-art, I don't think it looks like a game (or even movie) cover at all. Not sure how to explain, it's just a nice photograph with some text over it.
I agree, it just looks odd. Can't put my finger on why exactly but I'm with you, jus doesn't look like something you can splatter in promotional posters like past CoD promotional art.

RoKKeR

I hope they show the next gen version. I am so tired of current gen stuff...fucking hell
So just CoD in 1080p with some more effects? It'll be just like BF4: same game, prettier visuals. No way they change up the gameplay for fear of alienating players. It'll still feel 'current gen'.

So just CoD in 1080p with some more effects? It'll be just like BF4: same game, prettier visuals. No way they change up the gameplay for fear of alienating players. It'll still feel 'current gen'.

I actually have no interest in this series whatsoever. I have the first 5 games on Steam, but I doubt I will ever install them.

I just want to see their "next gen" engine

antitrop

Really? I think it's pretty horrible. I mean, at least he isn't running towards the screen but it could be a lot better.

Still looking forward to the reveal though.

These days "not running towards the screen" and "the top half of the person's face is not cropped off the top of the cover" is pretty much the only qualifier I have for "not bad".

Pretty depressing.

RoKKeR

I actually have no interest in this series whatsoever. I have the first 5 games on Steam, but I doubt I will ever install them.

I just want to see their "next gen" engine
Ah, got it. As do I. No way they will sacrifice their 60fps target for eye candy, so it probably won't match some of the high end next gen stuff we have already seen. That being said, I'm interested to see how they have brought CoD to the next gen.

antitrop

I'm expecting 1080p/60fps for next-gen Call of Duty.

If they have to go slightly sub-1080p to hit the framerate like they "cheat" 720p currently, then so be it. But this game has to be 60fps, the fans will not accept anything differently now that they've been accustomed to it for so many years.

For me that great improvement in clarity is gonna feel like a big deal. Since I don't game on PC I'll be thrilled just to be playing a COD game in 1080p 60fps. I'm sure there will be a host of other improvements as well.

Pitmonkey

Official promo poster image.

1367350782_7926_2013-04-30-13-28-57.jpg

Source

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Wii U absence from ad and even preorders and limited editions would not surprise me at all even if that versin exists, considering all the dumb secrecy there have been for previous entries on Nintendo consoles...btw I'd be interested in the Wii U version, especially if they'll include once again the remote option

Wii U absence from ad and even preorders and limited editions would not surprise me at all even if that versin exists, considering all the dumb secrecy there have been for previous entries on Nintendo consoles...btw I'd be interested in the Wii U version, especially if they'll include once again the remote option

Same here. Will buy if, and only if there's a WiiU version with functional pointer controls. If not, won't buy at all.

if nintendo were smart they should pick up the exclusive marketing deal now microsofts deal is over (unless its been secretly renewed) they wont though

Meelow

Banned
if nintendo were smart they should pick up the exclusive marketing deal now microsofts deal is over (unless its been secretly renewed) they wont though

That would be a very smart thing to do, but I don't know because Nintendo said they don't want to fight Microsoft over exclusive content, because you know Microsoft would be more willing to pay more.

kuYuri

I have a feeling that like MW3, IW will work on the PC/PS3/360/next-gen console version of Ghosts while Treyarch ports a Wii U version. Similar to MW3 and BO2, a Wii/Wii U version of the game didn't get announced until after the PC/PS3/360 was announced.

prag16

Banned
Same here. Will buy if, and only if there's a WiiU version with functional pointer controls. If not, won't buy at all.

This is where I stand as well. BO2 was okay, but lots of unfulfilled potential. Pointer controls were the only reason I was on board. Hopefully they tweak the netcode/lag comp/camera issues from BO2.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
This is where I stand as well. BO2 was okay, but lots of unfulfilled potential. Pointer controls were the only reason I was on board. Hopefully they tweak the netcode/lag comp/camera issues from BO2.

I've played half game on tv with pointer, half game on tha gamepad with offtv, I'd like to repeat the experience with a new fps on the wiiu

I've played half game on tv with pointer, half game on tha gamepad with offtv, I'd like to repeat the experience with a new fps on the wiiu

Yep, Pointer controls are amazing for the big screen, and at night I can play on the gamepad without bothering anyone.

As long as they don't screw up the pointer controls again as they did with BO2 initially.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Quick and dirty mockup of what the cover would look like with the poster, not the mask man.

ghostdhu8p.png

Top Bottom