• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Epic Mickey 2: Power of Illusion (3DS, Dreamrift)

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
However, next week there's really the EM2 presentation. And I hope they aren't saying lies. Seriously.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
What?!

Edit: 700 people just for a 3DS game?! or is it different than the rumored multi-platform Epic Mickey 2 game?
Most probably:
epic mickey 2: multiplatform, 3d, 700 people working
epic mickey 2 power of illusion: 3ds, 2d, ? people working

Most probably:
epic mickey 2: multiplatform, 3d, 700 people working
epic mickey 2 power of illusion: 3ds, 2d, ? people working

Or that 700 number includes the people working on the 3DS version as well.
You don't need 700 people for a multiplatform game.

230px-World_Of_Illusion_box_art.jpg

Coop Mickey / Oswald gameplay like World?
That's my childhood there.

Alakazam!

Or that 700 number includes the people working on the 3DS version as well.
You don't need 700 people for a multiplatform game.

Add in people working on iOS and possibly Vita versions as well, plus marketing and in the crazy scenario a animated movie to tie-in with the game, the number could be justified.

230px-World_Of_Illusion_box_art.jpg

Coop Mickey / Oswald gameplay like World?

Fuck.

The best part about that is seeing the AMAZING mega-drive game case/box-art complete with black grid in the background.

I know it's nostalgia - but the Mega-Drive, SNES, Mickey Mouse games, Ducktales, Sonic 1-3 & Knuckles... that will always be the fucking divine era of gaming for me. It was unreal.

I loved the Genesis games

...I hope 3D isn't required for this one since I can't see 3D :(

No game can require 3D, Nintendo has said that and enforces that. At best it is better experinced and visually designed around 3D (like Super Mario 3D Land), but a developer can not demand it to be 3D-only.

Hopefully, it's true (and doesn't suck). Perhaps maybe it was subtitled Castle of Illusion at one point? I had previously assumed that Disney's new CoI trademark was for a PSN/XBLA/iOS port/remake, but this would be pretty cool too.

Tucah

you speak so well
I really hope this is a spiritual successor to the old Illusion games, day 1 purchase if so.

Busty

Banned
So..., does this mean Disney will keep making console games or just keep making games based on Disney IPs?

Its a pity they would probably change Donald for Oswald. Well, not a pity, because Oswald is fucking amazing, but Donald is also awesome.

As a fan of the original Epic Mickey (although it had problems that can be easily solved in the next one) and the old platformers im pretty excited.

Also with the wonderfull animation Epic Mickey had with the 3D models, I dont mind them being in 3D instead of 2d sprites.

Its going to sell like hot cakes, so it seems we are going to have Epic Mickey for a long time, not something om complaining.
Also I would prefer the big Epic Mickey 2 in Wii U (than wii, although its very possible it has been transfered or is being done for both), thank you very much.

Javier

If it takes from the side scrolling stages of Epic Mickey and goes from there then I'm so in.

DO NOT DISSAPOINT.

Hisster

gametrailers.com – on the homepage its announced that warren spector will be on gttv this thursday to break some big news.

Nosgoroth

2D, "classic flavour", "X of Illusion"? Epic Hype of Illusion. Now please be sprites/hand drawn. And be worthy of that name.

monome

M.SPECTOR,

Illusion + Mickey = awesome

Epic + Mickey < Illusion + Mickey

Illusion + Mickey + Epic = big fan backlash
If
Illusion + Mickey + Epic < Epic + Mickey < Illusion + Mickey

Better show me some Ducks next time.

hatchx

Banned
Is it hard to believe there is a 3DS version alongside the Ps3/360/WiiU version?

Sometimes simple is better. I never played the first Epic Mickey, but it seemed like a mess of too many elements. I'd almost be more excited for a simple straight-up 2D mickey game.

BD1

Banned
Maybe when Warren Spector threw out that 700 number, he meant 700 people working on the franchise? That is assuming Epic Mickey 3DS and Epic Mickey 2 are separate projects.

700 people on a 3DS game?! Dang, they must have something incredibly ambitious in mind.

Curious to see how this turns out, now.

edit: oh... : (

So you think the subtitle "Power of Illusion" references Castle/World of Illusion... sadly, I didn't play those games, but by looking at your reactions it seems that those where really fine games. I think that I should look forward to this; I really like platformers!

Top Bottom