• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT2| Passing Stones

RedSnake

Yeah, it can be kind of overwhelming at first. For now I think you can just go through the story until you feel like you have a good team, do some strike missions occasionally to get more characters (these rotate daily), and just experiment with the game in general. Most of the Dokkan events aren't necessary until you've completed the story on all difficulties (although they do help a bit), and they require really good teams, which you might not have ready until rank 120+.

Yeah get the free SSR and pray for Goku or Piccolo since Gohan sucks. Try for Gogeta but don't spend more than 200 stones on the banner.

You don't need 10 Omega Shenrons. There is this unit called Elder Kai ritual which can up the SA of a unit by 1 or Santa Roshi but thats only for the Christmas time.

Thank you guys!

I'm rolling through story mode and will soon do some pulls.

I'll report back with the progress and, probably, more questions lol

Thanks again! ^^

weshes195

There's an ability grid system that came out a bit ago in Japan. Dupe cards are used to unlock parts of the grid.

Ability grid, like in an rpg? lol what does it do.

Man I know JP will always be ahead, but there are so many easy things that they have that Global doesn't. It's a shame that I like all my texts in english otherwise I would also get a JP account

Ability grid, like in an rpg? lol what does it do.

Man I know JP will always be ahead, but there are so many easy things that they have that Global doesn't. It's a shame that I like all my texts in english otherwise I would also get a JP account
Yeah, it's the sphere grid system. Like Path of Exile or FFX. It increases all of your stats and also gives abilities like the chance to attack multiple times or increasing the power of your super attacks by X%. You can make some fucking monsters through it.

weshes195

Yeah, it's the sphere grid system. Like Path of Exile or FFX. It increases all of your stats and also gives abilities like the chance to attack multiple times or increasing the power of your super attacks by X%. You can make some fucking monsters through it.

What, holy crap. lol The game has REALLY changed since I first played this. Did JP get this recently or have they had it for a little bit. Can't wait to see it in 2 years lol

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I was sitting at 105 stones, so I decided to do a last single on the Omega banner in hopes of getting a SSJ3 Vegeta to flesh out my STR team.

I did not get Vegeta...
CjWqUktVAAA2yQo.jpg

imokwiththis.jpg

It's gonna be a long wait for his golden great ape dokkan though :(

yogloo

I was sitting at 105 stones, so I decided to do a last single on the Omega banner in hopes of getting a SSJ3 Vegeta to flesh out my STR team.

I did not get Vegeta...

imokwiththis.jpg

It's gonna be a long wait for his golden great ape dokkan though :(
Congrats. It's one of my favorite card arts in the game.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Congrats. It's one of my favorite card arts in the game.

I just realized how terrible the translation is in that pic I snagged lol. I just grabbed the first thing off google that showed the card art.

Well finally done it! All STR and AGL units are awakened fully and finally have the 280 team cost to hold all these monsters. Sitting at around 500 stones with lots of story to complete as yet too. Bring on year 3!

Decided to try boss rush mode too and beat the first set without even taking damage. Between Buu, SV and Veggie I'm guessing it's going to take a real rough fight to actually pose a real threat. I could swap out Rose for GF too if needs be. I feel very OP right now :D

Edit: feeling OP denied by a cheap Frieza who can slot lock you out of specials and countdown KO you. That's legit cheap.

Kettch

I'd like a double extra-large whopper menu please

and speaking of good-ass card art (but for a terrible card)

shame they wasted this on this piece of shit card instead of using it for the pre-LR Gohan

To be fair, that card came out like a week after launch. A lot of people re-rolled for it.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
got my 3rd broly medal before the event ends tomorrow, such an annoying farm, I'm sure it's much easier if you have a bunch of godlike cards though, because fuck blazing battle.

TheAznOne

got my 3rd broly medal before the event ends tomorrow, such an annoying farm, I'm sure it's much easier if you have a bunch of godlike cards though, because fuck blazing battle.

You just need that TEQ SR Guldo. Thats who all you really need for Broly if done on the Super level.

Don't need BB, just need 2 units that can greatly lower defense. And since Omega is out now, all you need is the free Saiyaman 2 STR card (and a half-decent STR deck) to do it. I don't think many use the BB links to kill him, because it's nigh-impossible to make a good mono team with 4 BB units. The family Kamehameha units that don't need the link skill are pretty much the only other alternative.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Don't need BB, just need 2 units that can greatly lower defense. And since Omega is out now, all you need is the free Saiyaman 2 STR card (and a half-decent STR deck) to do it. I don't think many use the BB links to kill him, because it's nigh-impossible to make a good mono team with 4 BB units. The family Kamehameha units that don't need the link skill are pretty much the only other alternative.

Yeah I used mostly mono agl, because I have the ssj kid trunks that has disable rampage as passive, with a friend super vegito, and then str saiyaman 2, agl trunks(teen), teq ssj goku (angel) for the rest of the BB links.

I thought of using mono str, but even when I hit broly with 3x greatly lower defense, my non BB units were still doing nothing as damage. Does it only have an effect on Super attack damage or something?

Yeah I used mostly mono agl, because I have the ssj kid trunks that has disable rampage as passive, with a friend super vegito, and then str saiyaman 2, agl trunks(teen), teq ssj goku (angel) for the rest of the BB links.

I thought of using mono str, but even when I hit broly with 3x greatly lower defense, my non BB units were still doing nothing as damage. Does it only have an effect on Super attack damage or something?

It has to be reduce defense greatly in the super description for it to work.

You pretty much have to stack 2 def reductions to break through Broly's defense. Meaning that Omega Shenron has to super every turn, and only after the second one does everyone on his turn start doing good damage. Pair him with Gogeta or SV and just maintain the supers. Then the rampage disablers can go on the other turn. I just had STR Goku do that one.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
It has to be reduce defense greatly in the super description for it to work.

Yeah I know, saiyaman 2 has greatly lowers.

You pretty much have to stack 2 def reductions to break through Broly's defense. Meaning that Omega Shenron has to super every turn, and only after the second one does everyone on his turn start doing good damage. Pair him with Gogeta or SV and just maintain the supers. Then the rampage disablers can go on the other turn. I just had STR Goku do that one.

Well, you'd need to get 77 medals to get omega that greatly lowers first for that to work though; I looked at the fight to get the medals, and that's not happening with my box anytime soon ;P.

Yeah I know, saiyaman 2 has greatly lowers.

Well, you'd need to get 77 medals to get omega that greatly lowers first for that to work though; I looked at the fight to get the medals, and that's not happening with my box anytime soon ;P.

Post your box and lets see if we can help.

Also does saiyanman 2 do it for 2 turns or 1 because that makes a huge difference.

Thanks for the tip. This was one of the only events giving me trouble. Lead Gogeta, UR SSJ3 Str Goku, UR Str Beerus, Str Saiyaman 2, STR SSG Goku, and STR SSJ Goten with friend Omega has made this a breeze. Most of them have a defense lowering super, so usually within 2 turns normal damaging is being dealt.

I don't have Omega, I used a TUR Omega friend (mostly guests really) and Gogeta lead.

Anoregon

man wtf i'm like 0-8 on strike drops today

Thanks for the tip. This was one of the only events giving me trouble. Lead Gogeta, UR SSJ3 Str Goku, UR Str Beerus, Str Saiyaman 2, STR SSG Goku, and STR SSJ Goten with friend Omega has made this a breeze. Most of them have a defense lowering super, so usually within 2 turns normal damaging is being dealt.

Yeah that's similar to what I used. I had Beerus and Omega together turn 1, Saiyaman 1&2 together turn 2, and rotated Gogeta, Buutenks and AGI golden Frieza. It was extremely consistent, just used some items to skip getting hurt in the STR phase. By the second turn of each fight, people are already doing full damage. Also, Omega is really underrated as a tank, he absorbs a lot of damage with his passive. If you also pop a Yemma you're getting hit for triple digits.

edit: that's this guy getting a dokkan? I've had him for ages but he's kinda useless, hope he gets some good links. The new art does suck but what else is new? I do think villains generally get shafted less with TUR art than heroes for some reason.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanBattle/comments/5wkwpq/japan_data_download/

PHY cooler is pretty badass. Not a great tank (def is still not a great stat) but double attack with chance for another super, pretty sweet. AND greatly lowers def. With Broly and VB that's a lot of whack. Looks like PHY's niche is attacking multiple times.

Box.

I...honestly don't know, it doesn't say, so I guess 1 turn?

I say you should go with mono TEQ and try that out and see if it works. Do you have Dokkaned TEQ Saiyaman 2?

Anyways

Lead Skinnytenks 3rd slot always
Golden Frieza
Saiyamen 2 Videl
Future Gohan
Mighty Mask
Jackie Chun
Friend Godtenks SA 10

If not then mono STR

Lead Omega
SSJ3 Vegeta GT
2nd form Frieza who disables Guard at 5ki or more
Great Saiyaman 2 Videl
General Rilldo (hopefully dokkaned or go do it ASAP)
SR Yakon who reduces damage from PHY by 30% when blocking and has Shocking Speed for Omega
Friend Omega SA10

man wtf i'm like 0-8 on strike drops today

RIP no drops for you at over 100 energy lol

PHY getting a tank sort of in PHY Cooler.

Teq Cooler getting a dokkan but his art is way worse :(

How do they always screw up the Dokkan art a majority of the time!

Dat SSR Gohan tho lol

That was hella random and hilarious

Baba shop PHY Nappa's stock just went up. And everyone questioned why he had SS.

Buy buy buy

DO NOT BUY AT FULL PRICE! Wait for the discounted rate. No need to spend an extra 3k points when you can save 30% on the event and Cooler is so far away.

Kettch

Man, my ~2 week JP box feels insane. I was happy earlier, then I got the TEQ nuke lead off a free summon and Majin Vegeta on less than 10 pulls from the Rising Dragon banner.

There's also 3 dupes in Rose already.

Aiii

So not worth it
I actually have some pretty decent PHY villains in my deck (Broly, Kid Buu and Freeza), I'm not a big fan of Cooler, but I'm glad PHY is getting a villain god lead. Those three along with Blue Vegito should already be a beast. Hope I pull him.

What's everyone's opinions on Demi God leads vs. Single Type Ki leads?

An example being Baba Great Saiyaman (AGI HP, ATK, DEF +50%) vs Strike Vegeta (AGI +3 Ki). At what point do stats become more valuable than ki?

An example being Baba Great Saiyaman (AGI HP, ATK, DEF +50%) vs Strike Vegeta (AGI +3 Ki). At what point do stats become more valuable than ki?

Depends on how good your links are I suppose, but I always go with Gogeta over baba Saiyaman, I kind of regret getting him actually.

Look at your needs. Do you need the stat boost or do you need the constant supers? The stat boost is almost always better mixed with a ki boost if you wanna go the hybrid route. Surviving the fight while doing damage is important vs being a glass cannon of under 100k hp and depending on items to survive.

Top Bottom