• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump takes shots at Kaepernick, ‘Get that son of a bitch off the field’

NR1

I would be interested to learn if these clowns that bitch and moan about standing during the national anthem are themselves standing in their living room while they watch the television broadcast?

Does it make a difference when you are in a physical location in public? I have a feeling it does...

Apdiddy

I can't wait for that one day how mind wanders too far from his speech script and he forgets himself and just uses the n-word like we all know he does. Fuck this cunt.

Sadly nothing would happen. News media like CNN and MSNBC would call it out and ask Republicans appearing for comments and actions and they would agree, that oh yes what Trump said is terrible and deplorable but they'll do nothing. FOX news would paint it as a non issue and bring up Hillary Clinton and Robert Byrd (as if that's relevant).

Congress will be asked to take action but will do nothing. It'll be like every other thing Trump will have done.

Those supporting Trump even through that would and should get told they are racists. Trump's base at that point would be the white supremacists he refuses to denounce.

Until Mueller finishes his investigation and potentially brings federal charges against Trump, any talk of impeachment or removal from office is just that.

Patriots7

...there are other NFL players in the league who are actually playing that this relates more to than Kaepernick. I don't think he was taking a shot at Kaepernick there. Trump isn't smart enough to be subtle.

megalowho

The vile shots at Kaepernick aren't surprising. That will dominate the conversation this weekend, but this piece of shit also whined about the league keeping players safer and hits less violent. Right after Aaron Hernandez was revealed to have stage 3 CTE at age 27. Basically, fuck your sport's head injury epidemic. Gross.

Gin-Shiio

...there are other NFL players in the league who are actually playing that this relates more to than Kaepernick. I don't think he was taking a shot at Kaepernick there. Trump isn't smart enough to be subtle.

It's exactly because he lacks the subtlety that he spoke of Kaepernick with certainty.

FStubbs

ehh I don't think the content of his words was a problem (Obama called Kanye a jackass just a few years ago), it was why he said it (to put down what Kaepernick was standing...kneeling for) that is the huge issue here.

Obama wasn't the darling of the evangelicals who claim Trump is anointed by God (and Obama wasn't).

kess

God, the way he wanders around the stage with that smug, squinting smile soaking in all the attention he found the right button to hit to receive is legitimately infuriating.

A hundred years ago, the same crowd would probably applaud a hanging, but you can't do those kinds of things anymore. MAGA.

linkboy

I would be interested to learn if these clowns that bitch and moan about standing during the national anthem are themselves standing in their living room while they watch the television broadcast?

Does it make a difference when you are in a physical location in public? I have a feeling it does...

They don't.

I'm willing to bet most of them take take time to get any last minute things before the game starts.

A lot of these people are all talk and no action. Their hypocrites of the highest order.

I'm never going to stand for the national anthem again. Not in 10 million years. I used to refuse to sing, but I would still stand so that I wouldn't have some judge-y troglodyte get on my case, but from now on I'm going to remain in my seat with a scowl on my face for the duration. It's a shitty song anyway, and I don't like standing or white supremacists.

Fisty

Classy. To put this into perspective, Bush Jr didn't even call Al Qaeda sons of bitches after 9/11.

What kind of fucking nightmare are we living in?

andymcc

Banned
Are sports reactions the last bastion of reliable digs he can get his rapidly diminishing base to agree with?

“Going to the White House is considered a great honor for a championship team.Stephen Curry is hesitating,therefore invitation is withdrawn!”

This man is real?

linkboy

I'm never going to stand for the national anthem again. Not in 10 million years. I used to refuse to sing, but I would still stand so that I wouldn't have some judge-y troglodyte get on my case, but from now on I'm going to remain in my seat with a scowl on my face for the duration. It's a shitty song anyway, and I don't like standing or white supremacists.

Same here, and I'm a veteran of 12 years.

Nothing pisses me of more then the bullshit pandering the military gets. I'm sorry, but no, I'm not different then anyone else because I was in the military.

Yes, there's sacrifices that military members make that are vastly different from a civilian job, but that's not what I'm talking about.

I hate how people put military members on a pedestal just because they're in the military.

I hate how people who claim to support the military are the first to throw disabled veteran under the bus.

People like Donald and his group if idiot supporters love to push their support of the military, but if push came to shove and the country was being invaded, they won't lift a finger to help.

They're fucking cowards of the highest order.

Fuck'em

Classy. To put this into perspective, Bush Jr didn't even call Al Qaeda sons of bitches after 9/11.

What kind of fucking nightmare are we living in?

That's because Bush, while being somewhat of an idiot, understands tact.

Fisty

the one where half the nation consumes fox news

Not even close. They fixed the election to make us think that, and Trump spent hundreds of hours claiming voter fraud and faking his crowd size to convince people of this. But no. Not. Even. Close.

FStubbs

Same here, and I'm a veteran of 11 years.

Nothing pisses me of more then the bullshit pandering the military gets. I'm sorry, but no, I'm not different then anyone else because I was in the military.

Yes, there's sacrifices that military members make that are vastly different from a civilian job, but that's not what I'm talking about.

I hate how people put military members on a pedestal just because they're in the military.

I hate how people who claim to support the military are the first to throw disabled veteran under the bus.

People like Donald and his group if idiot supporters love to push their support of the military, but if push came to shove and the country was being invaded, they won't lift a finger to help.

They're fucking cowards of the highest order.

Fuck'em

That's because Bush, while being somewhat of an idiot, understands tact.

Not only that, Trump dodged the draft like so many chicken hawks. I still say and feel if a President votes to go to war, their children should enlist. Impractical maybe but at least it removes hypocrisy.

NotSelf

Captain-Picard-Facepalm.jpg

I'm never going to stand for the national anthem again. Not in 10 million years. I used to refuse to sing, but I would still stand so that I wouldn't have some judge-y troglodyte get on my case, but from now on I'm going to remain in my seat with a scowl on my face for the duration. It's a **** song anyway, and I don't like standing or white supremacists.

I have been standing during the anthem but it covering my heart or singing for almost 10 years. Might be time for me to amp it up by sitting, too.

HeySeuss

Interesting how Kaps entire reason for taking a knee had nothing to do with disrespecting troops or being unpatriotic at all. Taking a knee to highlight the fact that poc and minorities are marginalized and don't enjoy the same freedoms as everyone else and suffers more from police brutality is a noble protest.

Then the right had to rally the mob and twist it into something it wasn't so the uneducated masses would get all riled up because "he disrespectin our God durned flag". Just goes to help prove his point all along.

RPGCrazied

Lets not forget Trump speaking out more strongly to people exercising free speech then actual racists chanting jews will not replace us.

Wamb0wneD

Patriotism/Nationalism were and are a mistake. It's so easy to use these things against minorities. Another example is Turkey.

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
I mean he must want more people to take a knee cause that's 100% what will happen now.

Yeah, seriously. My dad went from not really caring about what Kaep was doing to fully supporting him simply because of how people have treated him.

RPGCrazied

DKaWyG8WkAAsDYp.jpg

Well said. Would have been nice if they called Trump out by name, but we know who they are talking about "divisive comments"!

Top Bottom