• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cardi B- Bodak Yellow now the #1 Song in America (Billboard Hot 100)

CALpssfUkAEWRGT.jpg

370.gif

Her personality is probably what draws people to her most. That and it has very quotable lines for females I guess.

Cardi is just the regular homegirl from the block, it's just that she doesn't have to put on a front to be well liked by everyone nor does she cares. That's why people love her, any person that lives in NYC knows a few Cardi's.

- Plays song on youtube
- First 10 seconds: "Said little bitch, you can't fuck with me, If you wanted to "
- Closes tab forever

The fuck? Is this mainstream music these days? That's fucking dusgusting.

I would love to see your song collection lol. I'm sure it's all 100% quality.

--

Congrats to Cardi! She got off that slave ship being ran by Mona Scott over at VH1 and made a success that no one on that show will ever reach (especially if they are not known). Well deserved 👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾

kodecraft

Cardi's legitimately honest personality is why I can be happy about this

Nobody has to speculate what's real, fake, or contradictory about her, because she hides nothing and wears all her flaws. That is a truly rare thing

edit:

and as much as I want to hate her music, she actually got bars too lol

I think this alone is why so many wanted to see her win. The thing is, fans are fickle. You're a hit today but gone tomorrow.

Her follow-up song got to smash it. Look what happened to Desiigner, this is a job and you got to keep banging out the music.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Cardi B's comeup has risen so fast - absolutely crazy how she blew up. Song has worn me down over time and is now stuck in my head.

I had never heard of her until seeing her on the VMAs a few weeks ago. But she was pretty damn entertaining.

kodecraft

Song will fizzle out but it definitely goes and bangs. Props to her.
> Nicki tbh

Cardi over Nicki? I can't agree at all. Nicki is versatile. I love Nicki.

Sidenote, that Macklemore feat Offset ~ Willy Wonka is jammin' to me.

Back on topic...

Gorillaz

Her come up is fucking crazy; I remember her old Instagram videos when she was still stripping, and now she made it to the #1 spot

Queen Cardi
iv4mlvj1vuzn.png

my dude she use to talk about her blowjob skills and how these other strippers weren't on her level

this is a level of come up that was only seen on lifetime weekend movies

Wind of Winters audio book read by Cardi B out 2018.

I'd be so into that it that and it has nothing to do with the content of the book.

my dude she use to talk about her blowjob skills and how these other strippers weren't on her level

See, this why I shouldn't go back and search her on IG or nothing, I'd be straight obsessed with her. She makes me want to wife a hood stripper so bad, I'm not even playing.

Always interesting to see how Rap vs other genres on GAF are approached.

I hate the "won't somebody think of the children" mentality, but don't you think music like this normalizes aggressiveness and violent behavior? I like my dumb and sexy songs, that's ok, but maaan, this is the No1 single in america and I don't see the positive side here.

Old man yells at cloud I suppose.

It's not the words, it's the message. I don't think you'd be calm and collected if your daughter came home saying how that sad bitch Cindy is not fucking with her anymore at her school.

Hope you aren't a rock and roll fan saying this.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
I knew she would be big before she fixed her teeth. Her mentality was always up front with nothing to hide.

I think her boy loopy is gonna be famous in some form nex too.

Anyone can listen to the standing President talk about grabbing pussies and a whole lot of other gang shit, but "music like this" normalizes aggression and violent behavior... FOH

Honestly, I just love her story. She grew up in the same places as me, and to see her go from stripping to those embarrassing reality shows (which many never recover from to do anything big or productive), to now a huge star like she is right now, on top of seeming like a genuinely cool and down to earth individual, I'm just all around happy for her.

She's not perfect, but who is. I'm just happy for her success.

xkramz

Even after 20 years from now, once this song drops in the club, it would get anyone else hype and you just see girls twerking n shit. It's up there with songs like back thst azz up GOAT club bangers

Nibel

Why do you remember those Nibel?

Because they went viral, talking about winning every blowjob contest and shit ��

Oh and please stop trying checking me, it's mad corny every time

Yeah that was what I was referring to; thought she would be just another person going viral, visiting some radioshows and disappear again, but then she began the whole music thing and I gotta say she is pretty great at it

Also, she seems very humble and down to earth in all of her appearances that I've seen - all the best to her

Because they went viral, talking about winning every blowjob contest and shit ��

Oh and please stop trying checking me, it's mad corny every time

Nibel.. is it possible... that you are... BEING HORNY ON THE INTERNET?!?

/s

iavi

The song is hot and has taken on life as a girl power anthem so even chicks who normally wouldn’t fuck with hip hop can be heard blaring that shit down the streets.

Can’t hate. Cardis crazy ass doing her thing

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
You'd have a heart attack if you heard NWA.

NWA makes good music, this is just awful and it is a shame that it is so popular. It's incredibly odd that the only women with #1's this year can have such awful songs, be polar opposites and are back-to-back.

The song is hot and has taken on life as a girl power anthem so even chicks who normally wouldn't fuck with it can be heard blaring that shit down the streets.

Can't hate. Cardis crazy ass doing her thing
Maybe if they are teenage girls? No self-respecting woman would not think this is some edgy nonsense. Both me and my finacee don't like it, and we both like rap and what is considered main stream.

NWA makes good music, this is just awful and it is a shame that it is so popular. It's incredibly odd that the only women with #1's this year can have such awful songs, be polar opposites and are back-to-back.

Maybe if they are teenage girls? No self-respecting woman would not think this is some edgy nonsense. Both me and my finacee don't like it, and we both like rap and what is considered main stream.
Ok, well don't judge other people for liking it.

"No self-respecting woman"? Really?

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
The song is straight up garbage.

Not for any of the self righteous reasons I’ve seen in here. Morality policing is dumb enough.

The song just sounds terrible.

Bookoo

I'm surprised by this song's success because it's so boring.

Yea sort of surprised because the song sounds pretty standard and she doesn't bring anything particular unique to the table.

Also I would have assumed Nicki Minaj would have had a #1 song at some point, but I guess most of her more popular songs had features.

Coming at this completely neutrally, never heard of Cardi B before, the beat is lazy, flow is awful, lyrics are lame. Only decent line is something like "I let him do what he want/He bought me Yves Saint Laurent"

If she came up from nothing and is getting paid, good for her, but not personally feeling it.

iavi

Guess I need to bush my fiancé and find a self respecting woman

She got a bag and fixed her teeth, hopes you hoes know it ain't cheap.

Damn those millions of women out there who love the song don't respect themselves! Thank god there's a married man to let them know this!

You should think about giving classes on how to be a proper woman.

I said...

I GET THE MONEY AND GO
giphy.webp

THIS SHIT IS HOT LIKE A STOVE
giphy.webp

MY PUSSY GLITTER IT GOLD
giphy.webp

Congrats to her, but the song is dry as hell. Needed a better beat for sure

I'm not even lying or trying to diss, I thought that poster was a lesbian woman the way they spoke for woman

even worse opinion coming from a dude lol

lenovox1

This song is the fastest way to get my dick popping on the floor.

To non-believers this is the song "Started from the Bottom" with actual weight, authenticity, and taste told from a female perspective.

You gotta cool it down.

Top Bottom