• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasney

post-31100-GET-IN-gif-Johnny-Depp-Fear-an-ZCte.gif

I completely forgot the rules though, someone has a summary of the rules?

You roll some dice at the start and pick relationships, locations and items based on the rolls.

Then everyone has two scenes. They can choose to either establish or resolve a scene. If they establish, another player chooses if the outcome is good or bad by giving them a white or black dice. If they resolve, they can choose. They then give that dice to another player of their choosing.

After that, dice are rolled again and the twist is picked based on that. Act 2 is like Act 1 with 2 scenes each, but this time the player receiving the outcome dice keeps it.

Then at the end each player rolls their dice and separates them into white and black score and subtracts the smaller number from the larger number. That defines what their epilogue is and then they act that out.

Bosman: Hey guys have you seen the new 2DS?

Damiani: It's for babies, it sucks*

*without actually knowing what Bosman is talking about.

That famous EZA positivity.

Stop hearing what you want to hear and then come here to complain.

His exact response "Nobody cares. I am kidding" he never said it sucks. He never used the words babies or sucks.
Huber was salty again over the NES classic. - deserved
Damiani said is 2ds was for children. He didn't know the new one folded. That's it.
Kyle "didn't show it in a direct. They're ashamed about it"
Blood called the 2ds (original) kiddie

Auctopus

They were strangely down on the 2DS XL. Maybe it's cause the majority have a 3DS. I'm excited for it, definitely going to pick one up. I've never been interested in the 3D and hated how it drove up the price. But I always wanted a bigger screen.

It's perfect for me and I'm not interested in a Switch until Mario.

Huber was salty again over the NES classic

He was surprisingly salty. I thought he was joking at first but then Kyle brought up the 2DSXL.

I don't think I'd exactly say I'm down on it, but I do think 2DS is a product aimed primarily at parents buying for their kids, particularly parents worried that 3D could be damaging to developing eyesight, etc. The 2DS XL is closer to the regular 3DS, but the design still seems to support that market strategy. Now that I've seen the other color schemes in Japan though, it does look like it won't be as limited to that market.

2DS is still confusing in terms of branding though. So while it makes sense from a production / late cycle product, I think it still might struggle to be the "budget 3DS."

ShadyK54

The 2DS XL looks neat. Not sure if I would give my Sun/Moon 3DS XL for it, though. I haven't touched it since I finished Pokémon Sun in November. :/

WarRock

Oh brother, the arcade versions of Double Dragon huh. DD may be the most confusing franchise of all time. DD3 arcade vs NES and DD2 GB vs any others makes no fucking sense. I highly recommend the Hardcore Gaming 101 article on Double Dragon.

This is the best Fiasconauts since the Halloween Slasher one

Consistently funny characters and moments, and a rare occasion where the plot is actually fairly cohesive (love all of the episodes but it definitely gets hard to follow sometimes in the absurdity)

Highly recommended to anyone who hasn't had a chance to watch/listen yet

They were strangely down on the 2DS XL. Maybe it's cause the majority have a 3DS. I'm excited for it, definitely going to pick one up. I've never been interested in the 3D and hated how it drove up the price. But I always wanted a bigger screen.

It's perfect for me and I'm not interested in a Switch until Mario.

It's disappointing how much they want Nintendo to kill off a successful arm of their business and always seem down on 3DS/2DS.

It's disappointing how much they want Nintendo to kill off a successful arm of their business and always seem down on 3DS/2DS.
I disagree. Only huber is really down on handhelds (until switch). The crew is down on this because it's the switch's biggest competition and are ready to move on. They love the switch and see it as the superior product for handhelds. The biggest supply of 3rd party devs will come from handheld developers. And if the 3DS doesn't phase out, the switch will get less games. And if Nintendo for some crazy reason continues to make games for it past this year then the appeal of the hybrid console and unified development pipeline is diminished as well

Kneefoil

This was one of the best Fiasconauts, solely because Act 1 was so strong. Act 2 was pretty good too,
especially once they reached the spike pit scene
, but Act 1 was the best the show has ever been.

Prompto

Banned
I think Fiasconauts might officially be my favorite piece of content that's produced by Easy Allies. This new episode has been amazing so far.

I keep telling myself one of these days I'll actually watch a Fiasconauts episode, today might be that day.
For a first episode I'd recommend today's or the Halloween one

All episodes have some amazing character moments (particularly Regina's Wedding, whatever the scifi one was called) but the actual plots can end up being total nonsense and hard to follow. The halloween episode is straightforward because it's just a slasher film story, while today's is a heist story with a surprising amount of continuity

The Zoo episode stands out as one that's entertaining but thin plot that makes like no sense. The absurdity is part of the appeal of Fiasco (and improv in general) but it can definitely go too far I think

RetroMG

I think Fiasconauts might officially be my favorite piece of content that's produced by Easy Allies. This new episode has been amazing so far.

I agree with this. I'm legitimately sad that I haven't seen the last two episodes, but I've just been super busy. I've got a long drive coming up this week, though, so I'm putting them at the top of my playlist.

Fou-Lu

My favourite part about this episode of Fiasconauts is that they didn't let the expected climax get in the way of their crazy story.

crash-14

Wouldn't be great if the Trailer Jones' goal hit just in time for E3? Specially with how little we know but how much we expect from the next E3.

Star Wars Games trailers
Project Scorpio Games trailers
Secret Switch games trailers
New trailers for some Sony projects
New trailers for KH3 and FF7R?
Probably the new DMC?
Maybe the new TES?

Still pretty positive they'll get there before September (Maybe after E3?)

J-Skee

Wouldn't be great if the Trailer Jones' goal hit just in time for E3? Specially with how little we know but how much we expect from the next E3.

Star Wars Games trailers
Probably the new DMC?
Maybe the new TES?

Now that you put it like that, I'm willing to up my pledge $3 to hit that $10 tier.

Star Wars Games trailers
Probably the new DMC?
Maybe the new TES?

They did get a bump at E3 last year, if it happens again they'll hit it. I'm excited for it, i looked forward to lets all go to the trailers.

Also fun fact, Final Fantasy VII Remake got the only 10/10/10 on lets all go to the trailers, based Nomura.

Mikey Jr.

They did get a bump at E3 last year, if it happens again they'll hit it. I'm excited for it, i looked forward to lets all go to the trailers.

Also fun fact, Final Fantasy VII Remake got the only 10/10/10 on lets all go to the trailers, based Nomura.

I think Last of us 2 would have gotten the same.

I'm like 95% sure that FFVII Remake will be disappointing, but that was an incredible trailer.

Yea but a lot of that bump was to get to the E3 of dreams $40k tier. Not sure if something similar will happen this year

PepperedHam

They got a good bump for the one year anniversary this year too, so if we get a lot of new eyes in on their E3 coverage this year it's not totally unrealistic to see a bump.

Auctopus

Huber: "I will bring up Yakuza 0 every week until GOTY."

Podcast question about successful prequels: Huber has to be prompted to talk about Yakuza 0 by Jones and seems borderline anaemic when he's trying to get Huber going.

The Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Battle Tournament is gonna be one for the ages.

Prediction; just before damiani is about to win the tournament, unrepetent bossman comes out of nowhere and attacks him with a steel chair, after the dust settles brand manager sets up the 1v1 payperview event.

Mista Koo

That was a fantastic episode, I laughed out loud a bunch. But you should never[/] peak on the first act.
I would've called the scene after the meeting between the two groups at the bank, and then flashbacked to the other four crimes and what the other group was doing then. This way they would've ended the story just a few scenes after the heist.
Both the
5-point plan and the ever expanding group scenes
killed me. And with the way that act ended I really want to see the movie adaptation.

I love how some random characters come back yet the relationship between two main characters wasn't established during the game lol.

It's been that way for a long time for me.

It also makes me want to play Fiasco and then get sad because I have no one to play with :(

Philippo

You roll some dice at the start and pick relationships, locations and items based on the rolls.

Then everyone has two scenes. They can choose to either establish or resolve a scene. If they establish, another player chooses if the outcome is good or bad by giving them a white or black dice. If they resolve, they can choose. They then give that dice to another player of their choosing.

After that, dice are rolled again and the twist is picked based on that. Act 2 is like Act 1 with 2 scenes each, but this time the player receiving the outcome dice keeps it.

Then at the end each player rolls their dice and separates them into white and black score and subtracts the smaller number from the larger number. That defines what their epilogue is and then they act that out.

You have to choose 1 relationship and 1 object/motivation/location for each couple right?
So 4 dices (category+subcategory) for every couple?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom