• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter: World weapon demonstration videos

Akainu

Insect Glaive looks rad.
Hopefully the change how the kinsect and it's buffs work though, it got kind of annoying on longer hunts.

I bet Gun Lance is going to be just as terrible as ever.

Gunlance looks cool but the wyvernfire explosion should be bigger. (this goes for pretty much all explosions though, they look weak as fuck in this game).

The weapon might not be total garbage this time around.

GARBAGE POSTS

Probably the first time i've even remotely been interested in the ranged weapons. They all look fantastic. My old faves all look great too! (DB, CB, SNS, SA)

Squishy3

I think in the Japanese stream event the Lance user used a forward hop to close the gap between himself and the monster, Could be a game changer in terms of mobility which the weapon sorely needs IMO.
That's been in the series since Tri, if it's the move that's a short dodge forward with the shield up.

Insect Glaive and Charge Blade stood out the most to me.

These aren't the complete movesets either (no hammer spin/aerial spin) so there's still hope for the more boring weapons.

TreIII

I was concerned with the more "realistic" color palette and such, that the movesets were going to be a bit more toned down too. Glad to see that's definitely NOT the case.

Sou Da

Kinda got that archetype covered with Lance, GL, and IG, don't they?

I'd be very interested in a melee/ranged hybrid like a boomerang/club or a chain/sickle that uses a transform system like the SA or CB.
Eh you're right, it's more an look thing with the Glaive for me. I just like thrusting weapons.

Kyoufu

That's been in the series since Tri, if it's the move that's a short dodge forward with the shield up.

Obviously I'm not talking about that. That's been in since MHP2 at least, not Tri.

It's like a quick dash/hop forward. You can see it in the JP stream.

Lance looks the same as ever. Why can't we lancer get a sick move like other weapons?
I'd be so down for a move where you plant your lance against the ground and huddle behind your shield as a counter to monster charging. Followed by a lunging upward thrust/shield bash (with high KO) as a reward for perfect timing.

HeeHo

Looks very damn impressive to me. Coming from MH3U Wii U to this is like night and day.

Something about the long sword special near the end of its video looked off. But i don't play Long Sword so I wouldn't know.

PKrockin

Lance looks the same as ever. Why can't we lancer get a sick move like other weapons?
mUYcUCv.gif

Hunting Horn still awesome. Out of curiosity, how changed has the weapon been since freedom unite?
It's not fucking stupid anymore.

Akainu

Can't get over how great everything looks.

So i heard you like shelling. So we put a gunlance in your gunlance so you can shell while you shell.

LKSmash

Everything looked awesome. Currently leaning towards IG or dual blades. Def liked the speed of those two the most.

Syril

Best thing in the Lance video is not carrying over the multi-stab from Generations.

Hunting Horn still awesome. Out of curiosity, how changed has the weapon been since freedom unite?

Instead of having to go into the recital mode to play notes, all the regular attacks play notes instead and once you have a valid melody you press R to do one of the old recital mode attacks to play it. You can press R again to do an encore of the same melody you just played.

Narras

Insect Glaive looking real sick! LOVED using it in 4! Still so far away, but these weapon demos getting me hyped! Skipped Generations and looking to jump back in with World!

I wonder if SnS will still have that attack that let's you do an aerial while going up a ledge. Made for some fun mounting set ups in 4/Generations.

Top Bottom