• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS XL on sale for $160 at Best Buy (Dec 9th - 15th)

Drago

I realize that MK7 bundle is a good deal, but that color kinda sucks. :/

We're probably not going to get anything better for a while given NoA's incompetence. (last branch to release a new color, and it's pink... :I)

I have the blue. It's not bad, but it's not really good either. But it plays the games fine, so I can't really complain. :/

Man, I'm lucky the shade of blue on my 3DS is my favorite color. The only other colors I'd want to buy are purple and the Animal Crossing one that's out in Japan.

I don't get why NoA doesn't release other colours... come on, Europe has grey/black and all white, so these things are being made anyway.

Curufinwe

I recommend buying some stick-on bumpers.

100_0868.jpg

Tough decision, do I get one TODAY and enjoy delicious instant gratification and a $50 savings (price match plus Toys R Us Groupon) or do I wait out the all black model?

I've got an hour until go time.

I'm dying here.

BowieZ

Banned
Tough decision, do I get one TODAY and enjoy delicious instant gratification and a $50 savings (price match plus Toys R Us Groupon) or do I wait out the all black model?

I've got an hour until go time.

I'm dying here.
It's all-black inside; trust me you'll never notice.

But I can't recommend it really, as a fan of white electronics. I'm in love with my mushroom x white special 3ds and would kill for white or pink x white XL.

Sleepy

Quick question about the system transfer...Does all the save data transfer, as well? Do I have to switch the SD cards? Can I leave some games on the old system?

entremet

godamnit nintendo, just give me a decent color and its bought I fucking swear

Same. I don't mind paying retail if they had an all white or all black version.

Weird that the DSi XL had such ''adult'' colors, but the 3DS XL are baby's first game system colors.

OH BOY, OH BOY. I'm part of the XL Fam now. $149.99, yo.

First things first, DO I NEED TO WORRY ABOUT THE SCREEN SCRATCH PROBLEM?

Secondly, are there any small soft cases that are good?

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I'm just wondering here: do I lose the pre-installed digital Mario Kart 7 if I transfer the stuff from my original 3DS?

My Pikmin are hard at work.

Boy, did I buy a lot of download software.

So about the screen thing, I'm going to cut a microfiber cloth to place in-between the screens (when closed/not in use) until I can locate a Hori screen protector set. Sound good? Should be okay?

nasos_333

Now i am getting really angry at Square

I cant buy a 3DS XL before i know for sure Bravely Default is coming to US and i will miss the offer for sure until they decide to say more about it

They are so frustrating

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Now i am getting really angry at Square

I cant buy a 3DS XL before i know for sure Bravely Default is coming to US and i will miss the offer for sure until they decide to say more about it

They are so frustrating
That's really the ONLY game you want to play on this system?

nasos_333

That's really the ONLY game you want to play on this system?

No, but i cant support a system that will not provide my most wanted game

It is a matter of principle, they will have to provide their top games worldwide or no game from me

Sure i want to play Zelda OOT, Layton and some older DS titles, but my desire to play those is in 6/10, while BD is in 10/10 and would clearly be the major reason i buy the system

Otherwise i can get something else

BTW, is there some other amazing RPG i could buy for it ? I mostly buy systems for RPGs

No, but i cant support a system that will not provide my most wanted game

It is a matter of principle, they will have to provide their top games worldwide or no game from me

Sure i want to play Zelda OOT, Layton and some older DS titles, but my desire to play those is in 6/10, while BD is in 10/10 and would clearly be the major reason i buy the system

Otherwise i can get something else
Like a JP 3DS? If you want to play it that badly

nasos_333

Like a JP 3DS? If you want to play it that badly

That is an option i am considering actually, the language is a huge barrier, but i could use some walkthrough maybe

But first i have to make sure they will not bring their best games in years in US, which personally i consider crazy

Top Bottom