• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dolphin - Emulating Wii and Gamecube Games

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
I have a question. My specs are:

Intel Core I7 950 3.0 GHZ
EVGA Nvidia GTX 570 superclocked
OCZ 4 GB PC 1600 RAM

Should these specs be enough to get 100% speed at 1080P with 2x res, in DX11, at 30 FPS on games such as Windwaker, Xenoblade Chronicles, Skyward Sword and Mario Galaxy 2?

yeah it should do the job

mine is i7 3.4 ghz
gtx 460 756mb
6gb ddr3

thats the settings i run at but with 2.5x res

Varna

Hope this isn't against some rule. Does anyone have a cleared game SS save they could send me? I really want to give the game another shot in hero mode with some of those annoyance removing Gecko codes.

i have fraps set to take a picture every five minutes, so my shots aren't all that interesting, hence me not sharing many, but... i really like this one.

dolphin2011-12-0123-3hz78y.png

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Anyone got a high-res screenshot of Zelda (the character, from Skyward Sword!) :)?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Thanks! But I was thinking more of a picture with only Zelda on it! Something you'd have as a wallpaper or something :)!

jediyoshi

Thanks! But I was thinking more of a picture with only Zelda on it! Something you'd have as a wallpaper or something :)!

dolphin2011-11-1113-3ridzc.png

Can't wait till there's a no hud code to get rid of this letter boxing. Would also be nice since if you save before a cutscene, load it up and go through it, they have a constant skip prompt on the bottom of the screen.

Red

I can post a few when I get home. I have a bit more than 10GB of screens so far and I'm not quite done yet. Should have something that works for you. Do you have any preference for a certain point in the story?

Thrakier

After getting a fake wiimote first I now read that the new official WM+ ones aren't working in dolphin anymore. I really hope I get an old one but considering my luck...meh.

TGMIII

I'm guessing an i5 2500K (no overclock) + HD6950 2GB + 8GB Ram is going to have no issue running SS but how far can I push native res and AA before I start getting issues?

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
It's unreal how much I'm missing by playing in 480p.

Be glad you weren't in the "what will next gen look like"-thread where people argued that low-res vs high-res doesn't even matter for them when it comes to visuals. I really think that's a totally disingenuous thing to say.

Nabs

Be glad you weren't in the "what will next gen look like" where people argued that low-res vs high-res doesn't even matter for them when it comes to visuals. I really think that's a totally disingenuous thing to say.

Oh man, I'm glad I missed that.

Gwanatu T

I'm guessing an i5 2500K (no overclock) + HD6950 2GB + 8GB Ram is going to have no issue running SS but how far can I push native res and AA before I start getting issues?

Absolutely, you can max it with 4x res, AA, etc. I run 4x res and 2xAA and the game runs without a hitch, and my system doesn't touch yours.

Scarecrow

I'm having a few problems getting my Wiimote synced up properly. My first obstacle, pressing the sync button on the wiimote doesn't keep it on long enough for the detection process to complete. It's the gold Wiimote+ from the SS bundle, btw. Any suggestions?

I'm having a few problems getting my Wiimote synced up properly. My first obstacle, pressing the sync button on the wiimote doesn't keep it on long enough for the detection process to complete. It's the gold Wiimote+ from the SS bundle, btw. Any suggestions?

Maybe try holding the 1 + 2 buttons instead of the sync button? That's how I sync my Wiimote up to my PC. Though I'm not sure if holding 1 + 2 is any different than holding the sync button.

EDIT - Yeah that should work. According to Wiibrew: "Holding down the 1 and 2 button continuously will force the wiimote to stay in discoverable mode without turning off."

Scarecrow

Maybe try holding the 1 + 2 buttons instead of the sync button? That's how I sync my Wiimote up to my PC. Though I'm not sure if holding 1 + 2 is any different than holding the sync button.

EDIT - Yeah that should work. According to Wiibrew: "Holding down the 1 and 2 button continuously will force the wiimote to stay in discoverable mode without turning off."

That didn't work either. If anything, the blue lights turned off faster. Certainly not permanently.

jediyoshi

Can you just hit the 1+2 buttons again while it's syncing? The sync lights usually stop once or twice while I go through the process and hitting them again when they stop flashing works for me.

Thrakier

Is it a new one? Genuine?

Scarecrow

Is it a new one? Genuine?

New one Wiimote? Yes, it came straight out of the SS bundle's box.
New one Dolphin? Yes and no. The tutorials for connecting a wiimote have differing pictures of what the sync window looks like. I've tried every version of Dolphin in the link from OP.

Also another question: when trying to sync up the wiimote, am I using the Real Wiimote or Hybrid Wiimote?

luffeN

I have an i5 at 4 ghz, same card and also 8 GB ram and I can run it at 1080p with 4 samples AA and 16x AF.

StevieP

Banned
New one Wiimote? Yes, it came straight out of the SS bundle's box.
New one Dolphin? Yes and no. The tutorials for connecting a wiimote have differing pictures of what the sync window looks like. I've tried every version of Dolphin in the link from OP.

Also another question: when trying to sync up the wiimote, am I using the Real Wiimote or Hybrid Wiimote?

After it syncs with windows, immediately click "refresh" in the dolphin controller config. Make sure you have controller 1 set to "real wiimote" before you click refresh. The light should stay on.

Red

Any spoiler pics you have can be posted in the spoiler topic.

I haven't finished the game just yet, I dare not venture there.

You are free to post any of my pics however. Here is a link to my album if you'd like to see a few. As mentioned, spoilers are included.

just polished off zelda. still can't believe it was playable start to finish in an emulator.

fantastic game allowed to shine thanks to dolphin. <3

Veal

If you haven't played Smash Bros with an arcade stick at 1080p, you haven't lived. Good lord is it awesome.

elektrixx

Banned
How are we backing up GameCube save data these days? I wanna fire up my old Super Mario Sunshine save on Dolphin but it's on a GameCube memory card.

reektann

How are we backing up GameCube save data these days? I wanna fire up my old Super Mario Sunshine save on Dolphin but it's on a GameCube memory card.

Can you put the memory card into your wii - copy it onto the SD card via the wii memory manager then copy it from the sd card onto your pc for dolphin? ( 100% guessing, it's how I did it with a Wii save, at least )

No, you'd have to use a homebrew program like GCSaver to extract the GC save to your SD card. Then you should be able to import it to your Dolphin virtual memory card using the built in save game manager.

EDIT - Actually GC Saver doesn't let you to export saves. Use Nugasa instead.

No, you'd have to use a homebrew program like GCSaver to extract the GC save to your SD card. Then you should be able to import it to your Dolphin virtual memory card using the built in save game manager.

EDIT - Actually GC Saver doesn't let you to export saves. Use Nugasa instead.

yeah, NuGaSa is what i use. very handy.

BLU-82

My dvd can't detect wii games, so I can't dump anything and make my ISO :(. Can anyone recommend a drive that is known to work (needs to be SATA).
Thanks.

Medalion

Banned
Oh well, I never did get that gold wiimote with ss, but I do have classic Wiimote with motion+ accessory separate from Wii Sports Resort

Bog

Junior Ace
Ended up with an:

i5 2500k (currently stock)
16GB DDR3 @ 1600mhz
6970 2GB
120gb Intel 320 SSD.

Hoping I get semi-decent results emulating stupidly old hardware...

Top Bottom