• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox Magazine: Halo 5 Confirmed for 2014?

From the site:
image_38752_fit_940.jpg

"....world's most wanted shooter...." lol

Oh come on! the hyperbole for this game is just ridiculous...if this was said for HL3 or even Halo 5, I would maybe agree...but this?

Plot twist: Halo 5 IS coming this year. Pre-order the season pass now to get all the remaining episodes when they are released in 2015 >:)

excowboy

As much as I would want Halo 2 Anniversary and would actually pick up the system for, I find it hard to believe it would come out this year. Halo 5 would just cannibalize the online player base next year. Thats why Halo Anniversary didn't have a online component, so that players can would play Reach.

Ha ha ha! Troll post? What player base?!

Bsigg12

"....world's most wanted shooter...." lol

Oh come on! the hyperbole for this game is just ridiculous...if this was said for HL3 or even Halo 5, I would maybe agree...but this?

"Official Xbox Magazine"

If it were someone who covers more than just Xbox than you would have an argument.

The way that it's worded means that “Rest assured your next Halo journey WILL begin in 2014" can easily be Halo 2 Anniversary.

I disagree, I think it would be unusual to say "your next Halo journey" and not mean the next Halo chapter but I suppose it's possible. It's just how I interpreted it.

Every time I see a thread with Halo in the title my face lights up. Its been rough for halo fans in some respects with reach and Halo 4 but hot damn I still love Halo!

Domdev

Banned
I never trust OXM when it comes to their magazine features. They also put bullshit "exclusive preview!!" or some eye catcher on the cover only for it to be absolutely nothing new.

I've never read their magazine but after seeing that cover design I definitely don't trust anything they say!

We've seen a pre-rendered trailer. It's insane to think the game'll be DONE this year.

And I for one hope it isn't. I'd be cool with November 2015. Take your time and make this one great, 343. I know you can do it.

Too late. Halo 4 was trash, Halo 2 Anniversary is the only thing that can save it now.

Nope, Halo 4 was easily the best singleplayer campaign in the series, as far as I'm concerned. The story was a lot more enjoyable, the pacing was incredible, the gameplay and weapons have never felt better, the art direction was quite the step up for the series, and the rest of the production values were through the roof. No other Halo title does Master Chief and Cortana's characters more justice than Halo 4 did. The Halo 4 was the worst game ever stuff is not accurate. I still believe, firmly, that Halo 3 was the worst, and most overhyped, game in the franchise. I don't count ODST, because I think it was a cheap cash in. The best Halo title on the 360 is Halo Reach, hands down.

Xenon

(without the side stories)
Halo 1, Halo 2, Halo 3

Restructure of the series after Halo 3 with 343i
Halo 4 (1), Halo 2 (5), Halo 3 (6)

...Halo 5 was Halo 2 all along!

Actually Halo 5 comes with Halo 2 A. Halo 5's plot involves time travel, so if you play H2A to completion those scenes will be saved and used during missions where you are traveling back to the Halo 2 campaign. AI will take over if you cross your own path. But be careful causing your own past self's death kills you as well.

Top Bottom