• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread XX

Malyse

If only they’d accept that they’re not qualified enough, or not competitive enough candidates. The entitlement is ridiculous here.

What bothers me about everything going on right now is the continued insistence from people that racism is becoming less problematic, because the older generation is dying out. The crowds are looking very young to me.
More referring to Trump swerving to talk about jobs are the both sides argument. I'm shocked he couldn't work in a "but her emails".

Sch1sm

More referring to Trump swerving to talk about jobs are the both sides argument. I'm shocked he couldn't work in a "but her emails".

Don't we know better than to expect Trump to talk on anything, DD?

---

what even is this thread on the "rally."

Beat, remember when I said we were knee deep in hell? Well that fucked up car ramming just figuratively started pulling us toward the deep end. Get ready, everyone. I got a feeling it's gonna get worse.

Edit: that last sentence was a poor choice of words. My bad.

Beefy

DHC4Y86XoAAoCcz.jpg

Not Nazi's tho

Imm0rt4l

Wanted to share a post that came across my fb feed in light of recent white nonsense.
A white sheriff in Enterprise, Mississippi raped my Grandma Pudding, neglected the child born from this brutal violation, and threw my Grandfather Tom in Parchman for two years for bootlegging when some white teenagers crashed after purchasing his product. His kin never paid my Grandmama Catherine what she was worth, didn't allow my mama to go to the public school she wanted to attend, made her share her valedictory speech with a white girl. His kin shot up a building, and killed students at Jackson State, a few minutes after my father and other members of the Republic of New Afrika left. His kin threw me out of school for taking a library book out of the college library, held guns to my head for riding in cars with white women, handcuffed me for supposedly throwing crack out of windows, incarcerated 12 of my cousins, 4 of my uncles. His kin ran over protesters in Charlottesville today. His kin is President of the United States.

Everything about this shit is bodily. Everything about this is personal. Everything about this is familial. Everything about this terror is long, brutal, and crazy-making. My mama's belief that anything less than excellence is failure is born of this bodily terror. My father's belief that you can never ever let white folk see you fail is born of this bodily terror. Baldwin's belief that we should make these folk face their malignant morality is born of this bodily terror. My belief that nothing on their earth will break me, that I will always recover, is born of this bodily terror. This terror is part of why my entire family always says everything is ok when nothing really is. It's why we have jobs, and no wealth. Pay checks, and no savings. Cars, but suspect credit. Love on top of lies.

This terror encourages us to lie, manipulate, harm ourselves, and coat our cracks before tracing those cracks. Coated cracks are coated cracks, though. Give someone who loves you a chance to love you today and give yourself a chance to really sit in quiet places and listen to stories of coated cracks you've never heard. All of this is personal. All of this is bodily. All of this is terror. And we are still here. We are still laughing deep soulful laughs from one of the many places their terror hoped to obliterate.

We can love each other better than we have. That love has really always been our only hope. These folks will not change. They will punish us for encouraging them to be better. They do not deserve one drop of our ink, our compassion, or our prayers. We can love each other better than we have.

Faustek

If only they’d accept that they’re not qualified enough, or not competitive enough candidates. The entitlement is ridiculous here.

What bothers me about everything going on right now is the continued insistence from people that racism is becoming less problematic, because the older generation is dying out. The crowds are looking very young to me.

You inherent that shit. It doesn't automatically spring up from nowhere but you get it from the people close to you and being a total idiot you never question it.

"Why do white American men hate us"

my ten year old cuz to his mom

Rah, this got me

If you ever get an answer to that fill me in. I still don't have an answer other than to hug them.

Had a good cry just now. Just needed to listen to something to start the waterworks so I can get rid of this pent up anger due to today's events. It felt good to cry.

I would never watch that with my moms.

----
Just got back from a funeral for my great grandmother (100 years old, went in her sleep)

Recently caught up with the news and god damn...

LionPride

Banned
I don't know if I wanna live to 100, like the moment I'm a burden on someone....nah

RIP, at least she died in her sleep

I watch shows with my moms, just random shows

We both like Insecure so yeah

I don't know if I wanna live to 100, like the moment I'm a burden on someone....nah

RIP, at least she died in her sleep

I watch shows with my moms, just random shows

We both like Insecure so yeah

Thanks.. agreed on the living until 100 but surprisingly she was doing very well until about 2 years ago and then went into a home.

You know what, let me not knock anyone's great family relationship. You and your moms seem to be close and do shit together.

That's dope

Malyse

Grandma turns 100 October 30th. We gonna have a party so lit. It's crazy cause I just had a paternal reunion in July and I get a maternal one in October.

LionPride

Banned
Thanks.. agreed on the living until 100 but surprisingly she was doing very well until about 2 years ago and then went into a home.

You know what, let me not knock anyone's great family relationship. You and your moms seem to be close and do shit together.

That's dope
Just always watched shows or movies, we share music, all that

Benefits to having a relatively young moms willing to try new things

Top Bottom