• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

EDarkness

Used a ticket on the FFXV Banner and got Dark Knight Cecil.

Either the rates in this game are amazing. Or I'm using up all my gacha luck.

Congrats! I haven't had much luck since the rate change, but it's good to see others doing well. Gonna take a break from pulling and start saving up for more interesting things.

Oh, and this raid is easy as hell.

Muku

I felt like at least units in JP were worth pulling for. This one... not even remotely. And the ones from Raid list are... eh I dunno. I don't care. I guess I'll go for the 10% Moogle though. Can always use that.

Muku

Used all 12 EX tickets they gave us this evening on both accounts. Main one ended up the winner.

Ticket #1: Dark Fina (dupe)
Ticket #3: Ayaka
Ticket #6: Gold -> Rainbow -> Ramza (dupe)

Stoked about getting Ayaka on my main. Have her on all three accounts now!

Edit: Just realized that one of my golds during the pulls was my first Werei on main. Yay!

Pejo

Used all 12 EX tickets they gave us this evening on both accounts. Main one ended up the winner.

Ticket #1: Dark Fina (dupe)
Ticket #3: Ayaka
Ticket #6: Gold -> Rainbow -> Ramza (dupe)

Stoked about getting Ayaka on my main. Have her on all three accounts now!

Edit: Just realized that one of my golds during the pulls was my first Werei on main. Yay!

Wait, on the 12 free 3* EX tickets, you got 3 Rainbows?? That's insane! I only got one gold and it was Nine. The rest were some of the worst 3* in the game including Shadow, Clyne, and 3 Frans.

Muku

Wait, on the 12 free 3* EX tickets, you got 3 Rainbows?? That's insane! I only got one gold and it was Nine. The rest were some of the worst 3* in the game including Shadow, Clyne, and 3 Frans.

Indeed. :D Sadly alt didn't get shit. But the RNG was nice to me on main. When first one came down Rainbow I was like damn. Then third ticket I was like holy hell. Then by Ticket 6 when it went gold to rainbow, I figured that was it for my luck. But out of all that it was pretty amazing.

Best my alt got was three golds: Ashe, Rasler, and King. :(

Pejo

Indeed. :D Sadly alt didn't get shit. But the RNG was nice to me on main. When first one came down Rainbow I was like damn. Then third ticket I was like holy hell. Then by Ticket 6 when it went gold to rainbow, I figured that was it for my luck. But out of all that it was pretty amazing.

Best my alt got was three golds: Ashe, Rasler, and King. :(

Congrats, you haven't always had good luck in the thread, but damn, that's a nice haul for free.

Muku

Congrats, you haven't always had good luck in the thread, but damn, that's a nice haul for free.

Thank you. :) Lately it's been pretty awful. Ayaka is my one bright spot in pulling lately, to be honest. All I'm getting are dupes these days for most part. :( It's a little disheartening and not really fun. Especially with all of the 5*'s I don't have... and I end up with dupes.

I figured it wasn't worth waiting with EX tickets, so I'd burn them last night to get the bad luck outta the way. XD

Shouta

Just taking a quick gander at Hyou since he just got released in JP, he seems pretty strong.

He has Double and Triple attack skills letting him use his various attack as he wishes. That makes him compatible with Doublehand or dual-wield. He has a lot of skills as well including 2 60% Imperil and a 100% Imperil for Fire/Thunder on CD. He's got the Dual-Wield and TDH stuff as well. He can also clear his own debuffs and has a dispel attack.

The issue is how his damage pans out and it's kinda hard for me to gauge it since they're combination attacks.

Ruthless Blade - 200% ST 6 Hit Physical Attack & 150% AoE 6 Hit Physical Attack (250% and 200% after Lv 110)
Blade Slave - 50% ST 6 Hit Physical Attack & 180% AoE 1 Hit Physical Attack + Ignore 50% DEF (100% and 230% after Lv 120))

Are his primary attack ones. Not sure how these chain with each other and that's kind of the thing that makes or breaks him. His CD skill, Phantom Blade, is really strong though. It's basically 2 different 560% attacks with a -100% Fire/Thunder imperil as well.

I only got 1 of them from my Lapis lap and 33 tickets. =( So no 7-star for me.

Pejo

Just taking a quick gander at Hyou since he just got released in JP, he seems pretty strong.

He has Double and Triple attack skills letting him use his various attack as he wishes. That makes him compatible with Doublehand or dual-wield. He has a lot of skills as well including 2 60% Imperil and a 100% Imperil for Fire/Thunder on CD. He's got the Dual-Wield and TDH stuff as well. He can also clear his own debuffs and has a dispel attack.

The issue is how his damage pans out and it's kinda hard for me to gauge it since they're combination attacks.

Ruthless Blade - 200% ST 6 Hit Physical Attack & 150% AoE 6 Hit Physical Attack (250% and 200% after Lv 110)
Blade Slave - 50% ST 6 Hit Physical Attack & 180% AoE 1 Hit Physical Attack + Ignore 50% DEF (100% and 230% after Lv 120))

Are his primary attack ones. Not sure how these chain with each other and that's kind of the thing that makes or breaks him. His CD skill, Phantom Blade, is really strong though. It's basically 2 different 560% attacks with a -100% Fire/Thunder imperil as well.

I only got 1 of them from my Lapis lap and 33 tickets. =( So no 7-star for me.

Man, even though the rainbow rates are "better" now, I still can't imagine having to pull 2 of a single 5* unit now to get the "best" version. I'd almost prefer them make 6* bases 1% again and keep 5* at 3%. 7* limited time units are going to be the real shitter. I can't imagine trying to do that on say, the Nier banner.

Muku

Did 5* step up on JP. Step 3 ended up getting Hyou. Step 5 ended up getting two more Hyou. x_x With stored up Cactaur got him to 7* 118. (Was only supposed to go to 115, but I got a Great Success. :3 )

Pejo

Cloud banner confirmed for Friday, who's pulling?

I'll do 1 10+1 and some tickets, not really interested in him though.

Shouta

JP fuck up last night was pretty hilarious. They sent out a ton of TMR and STMRs to all accounts when it was meant for specific accounts to be used in the making of a commercial. So they had to spend a ton of time fixing it.

Thankfully, that meant we got 1000 Lapis and a 100% Moogle for the trouble, lol.

EDarkness

Yeah, I was wondering what happened with that. Can use the 1000 lapis and the 100% moogle, so it's all good. Not sure what to use the Choose a 5* tickets on. I'm probably hold on to them until I need another 5*. I hope they don't expire or anything.

Muku

JP fuck up last night was pretty hilarious. They sent out a ton of TMR and STMRs to all accounts when it was meant for specific accounts to be used in the making of a commercial. So they had to spend a ton of time fixing it.

Thankfully, that meant we got 1000 Lapis and a 100% Moogle for the trouble, lol.

This would explain why it wasn't the 10% I thought it was going to be. XD

Saving the UoC right now....not sure what to do in terms of that. Trying to figure out how to make my Tidy more awesome atm though.

LucaMac

Yea. I went to fuse it into an already 50% unit. If I was paying even just slightly less attention I would have hit fuse without noticing it showing 150+%

Pejo

So people on Reddit and Youtube are talking about True Doublehand meta, and how Cloud fares vs. Nyx and DKC for top damage characters, but I can't help thinking about Demon Rain. With variance and 300 TDH, along with any relevant killers, if you can build him to survive, he will be an absolutely demolishing counter tank. The problem is getting him to survive.

I know a lot of the people from this thread are gone, but do any of you guys have opinions on this?

Shouta

Demon Rain's counter damage is about 300%, which is about half of what you get with an attack nowadays. Since a finisher can get the 4x bonus from a chain on their attack, Demon Rain would need to counter a huge number of times to make him compete with them. I'm not sure if he has a hard limit but it's pretty unlikely he'll do enough counters to be equivalent for it.

It'd be a good choice if you have an extra set for him to futz around with but there's really no guarantee that he'd be able to match the damage of a true finisher.

Yea. I went to fuse it into an already 50% unit. If I was paying even just slightly less attention I would have hit fuse without noticing it showing 150+%

Alim kinda fucking up in general recently, lol. The Extra Stage in the Story Event had 10% moogles but the icon showed 5% moogle, for example.

Pejo

Demon Rain's counter damage is about 300%, which is about half of what you get with an attack nowadays. Since a finisher can get the 4x bonus from a chain on their attack, Demon Rain would need to counter a huge number of times to make him compete with them. I'm not sure if he has a hard limit but it's pretty unlikely he'll do enough counters to be equivalent for it.

It'd be a good choice if you have an extra set for him to futz around with but there's really no guarantee that he'd be able to match the damage of a true finisher.

Alim kinda fucking up in general recently, lol. The Extra Stage in the Story Event had 10% moogles but the icon showed 5% moogle, for example.

Yea for straight damage I agree he won't be taking any top dps titles, but his utility is what made me think about this.

The thing about D. Rain that's really interesting is that he can pretty much be the only effective enemy turn DPS, not requiring a real "turn" to do damage to an enemy. If we ever get a really strong single target damage mitigation, having him as a "free" turn unit (with iNichol helping him out) could feasibly easy mode some content. The problem is getting him to survive each turn to be able to counter, and obviously all bets are off if it's a magic based boss.

With mostly leftover equipment, he was nearly my MVP in that Skeleton King fight from halloween, doing like 8% of the boss's HP bar per countering turn. If it wasn't for the MP drain + damage skill combo past the 40% threshold, I could have beaten that boss without ever attacking with any character.

I never actually tried this before, but I wonder if he counters with Zarg's berserk buff. That could lead to even bigger numbers.

Anyways, just a thought, and I don't have a practical use for him yet, but I like that TDH is coming so I can play around with some ideas (if I get lucky enough to get some of the key TMs)

tuffymon

Sadly a big problem is the unit is still limited, and while more people now have him since Halloween just rolled around... an even larger portion still doesn't have him, nor probably ever will. I think you're suggestion sounds like it could be viable, but is only a reality for a very small portion of the base.

EDarkness

I wonder how many folks even have Demon Rain. I don't and being limited will make it even harder to get him. Congrats to everyone who did, though. I'm more likely to get Cloud and I'm okay with that.

Faynwulf

Used up a few tickets. First ticket was a rainbow. For a second I though I got Cloud, but it was Mercenary Ramza.

I'm still happy though. :p

Pejo

fountain of lapis put out x2 today... odd... did it do the same for anyone else?

Just the usual for me, looks like you got lucky!

-

4 tickets and a 10+ pull, got 1 rainbow - my 3rd or 4th Tidus. Got plenty of the 3* unit for farming, but no 4*. Ah well, that's all of my lapis you're getting for this banner Gumi!

Shouta

Not sure who to use my UoC on. So many good choices. I guess I'll wait until more 7-stars to come out and see from there.

Nikokuno

I got Elfreeda from 10+1, then Luneth from free pull and Cloud from 4*+ tickets bought in the Mog King event shop. 4 Will, 0 Conrad, I pulled around 55 units today.

Wow. All my horrible luck with pulls in this game has finally turned around.

And from a Free Summon to boot.
DRLr9tIVwAA8wFU.jpg

But I still refuse to spend another dime on this game. Fuck you, Gumi.

Shouta

Any idea what that random extra banner is in Japan Shouta? It appeared around the time other FFZero rerun and I'm seeing no info on it anywhere...

It's a 3-day special banner with a bunch of units. It changed every day with a different set. I think the latest one was Luneth and Dark Veritas?

Pejo

Well, against better judgement, I re-upped lapis for the first time in a long time (with all the bonuses and discounts going on) and did a few more pulls on the Cloud banner, got no 5*s, and some really awful pulls, culminating in this wretched pile of crap.

Now I remember why I only play with free lapis or bundles again. Yuck.

Pejo

Double 5* limited banner with an absolute trash 3* character with a trash TM?

"Merry Christmas!" - Gumi, probably.

EDarkness

Double 5* limited banner with an absolute trash 3* character with a trash TM?

"Merry Christmas!" - Gumi, probably.

I didn't expect much at all from this Christmas banner. Crazy it's a double 5* banner, too. But at least it's better than what JP got. They got the shaft, man.

Oh and JP gave us 10 more Select tickets! I could get a 7* unit now if I wanted....

LucaMac

Gambled and put 5k lapis into the last Step up step instead of waiting for the guarantees 5* banner. Guaranteed one 5* or resonably good chance of a multi rainbow...should have waited. Absolutely nothing off it...

Pejo

So the new GL exclusive units, my take:

- 4* Carrie looks like absolute garbage. Sucks because I like her sprite. Her skills are all over the place with poor multipliers.

- 5* Christine looks interesting. She has a move that gives her (chainable?) skill to another party member, allowing for perfect chaining, I'm assuming. Kinda a neat gimmick, is there anything in JP that's similar to this? Otherwise, looks like a decent ice mage and that on command 50% damage reduction 100% ice reduction + stop looks powerful in the right cases. If it didn't have the Stop piece on it, I'd really consider going for her just to make Demon Rain more usable. Unfortunately he can't counter if he's stopped, so it's a wash.

-5* Kryla....basically I want this unit. 50% individual breaks are awesome, and if those damage abilities are multi hit an chainable, they're going to be really strong I feel. From reading the description they scale off of SPR which has advantages. Also, if that Nullifying Chant skill works like I'd expect it to, it's finally a reliable way to remove breaks on your party. I'm glad because unless you prevent them with Tillith or whoever else can prevent breaks, the only way I know to get rid of them is the old Bushido Freedom trick. Also, with her passives, LB, and Hex Eye skill, she's going to be a real bitch in Arena.

So yea, I will do a bit of pulling to see if I can luck into Kryla, but I haven't forgotten the despair that the Nier banner brought, and I refuse to whale on this game anymore.

What do you guys think of the units?

Basoes

Haven't played since the start and all I had was ExDeath came back and saw all the crap they gave out and used it all

NeViFLl.png

LIQCAcG.png

This Veritas of the light is pretty strong, same for Luneth

Pejo

Haven't played since the start and all I had was ExDeath came back and saw all the crap they gave out and used it all

NeViFLl.png

LIQCAcG.png

This Veritas of the light is pretty strong, same for Luneth

Welcome back - Luneth and Light Veritas are both good damage units, Warrior of Light is still a premier tank too. You have a pretty decent general/story setup, only really lacking a strong healer, though Aria isn't the worst you can do, you just need to get her a Dualcast.

An eventual good all-arounder party would be Warrior of Light, Soleil (make sure you enhance her down the road when you have the gil and materials to do it), Luneth, Light Veritas, and I guess Aria for now.

Shouta

The new GL units look good if you get them though they aren't a huge power leap.

JP raid started yesterday and it's been really helping with my leveling and gil reserves. With the Turtle and Cactuar dungeons open as well, I've been making huge progress on all of the 7-stars I have.

Shouta

So I'll rank up Aria and replace Ace, seems like a balanced party then

Yeah, go with Aria for healing now. Ace will be a pretty solid support/magic damage dealer later so you can do him when you've gotten yourself situated with a core party to work with.

Top Bottom