• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Future Fight |OT| To Me, My X-Men

mreddie

ZjFUfYp-uQgfDsC7nJltYVxCux0vU9ueICowEWhFWeq-zy_SunwaEGdKawTUjEfnkQ=h310

Cinematic Trailer

Gameplay

Welcome to the Fight, soldier.

Marvel Future Fight is a role-playing game that features some of the most beloved Marvel characters including The Avengers, Spider-Man, Daredevil and the Guardians of the Galaxy, complete with their signature moves and abilities that will allow players to build their own unstoppable team in the fight against well-known villains such as Loki, Doctor Octopus and Ultron.
With a storyline penned by best-selling Marvel comics writer Peter David, players can experience the world of Marvel firsthand across four action-packed modes. In addition to the PVE Mission Mode, Marvel Future Fight also includes a PVP three-on-three Timeline Battle that will see teams of players fighting heroes from other dimensions. For players looking to take it to the next level, the Villain Siege mode taps on players’ knowledge of the Marvel Universe to uncover evil plots of the most infamous villains, while Dimension Rift Missions will offer a true test of skill for players seeking the ultimate challenge. Taking the game to the next level are its Team Effects and Cooperative Attacks, activated when players join the forces of their heroes within the Marvel Universe. Bring together Iron Man and War Machine to access Tony’s Toys, call on the skills of the Dangerous Trio of Black Cat, Elektra and Black Widow, or tap on the celestial strength of Thor, Loki and Angela, also known as the Asgardian Siblings, to take the game to a whole new level of fun and entertainment.

Developer
Netmarble Games

Publisher
Netmarble Games

Platform
iOS, Google Play

Release Date
30th of April, 2015

File Size
45 MB - 650 MB (Yes, blame the updates)

Genre
RPG

Features
• Play for Free
• Fight as your favourite Heroes and Villains
• Rank and Level your characters
• Fight through stages
• PVP Battles

Most Asked Questions

There's a Plot?
Yes, it takes place in an alternate universe version of the Marvel Universe based heavily on the Marvel Cinematic Universe. The story follows the Avengers as they respond to a new world-ending crisis; an unknown force attempting to tear apart the fabric of reality, causing numerous Bad Future timelines to cross over with their own, leading to warped, evil versions of superheroes attacking the people of the world, and the creation of powerful ISO-8 material, strange mystical rocks that greatly amplify the power of individuals that wield it. In one of the bad futures, Nick Fury is able to record one last message to the Player warning the present of the impending danger, causing Captain America, Iron Man and Black Widow to begin working to undo the damage done by the crossing timelines, attempt to find the truth behind the impending apocalypse, and stop the rise in supervillain activity along the way as numerous villains and organizations from Loki, to a reformed Hydra, to a new criminal empire beneath The Kingpin begin making a grab for power using their new allies from alternate timelines and the enhancements of the ISO-8.

What does it play like?
It plays like a traditional Action RPG. Players command a team of three Marvel heroes or villains and use the touchscreen to either tap where they should move to, or control a virtual joystick to move them. Each character has a set of powers and a basic attack, which are activated by touchscreen buttons, and are used to clear short 1-2 minute levels full of enemies to defeat and ending in a boss battle. Completing normal versions of missions unlock harder Elite versions of those missions which can be completed to unlock new characters and to gain new crafting materials to mastering already unlocked characters.

I want to play as Captain Marvel, Venom, Wasp. How do I unlock them?

Biometrics can unlock a character. You can earn them via Honor Tokens, Chaos Tokens, Crystals and Biometrics Boxes. They can also pop up via Dimension Rifts and can either assist you or beat you. If you win the chapter, you win a bio.

What does mastering do?
Mastering a character boosts their stats and gives them their leadership skill. When a mastered character is leading a team, all members get the perks of the leader's skill.
For example, Cap’s leadership skill gives a HP boost.
You can master a character once per rank.

They have types?
Yes, blasters, combat, speed and universal. There's a icon during gameplay that shows who's stronger than who.

Combat > Speed > Blast > Combat.
Universal are neutral.

What's Elite Missions?
Basically Normal Missions but with beefed up bad guys but you earn better loot like bios.

Leveling up is the first thing I should do right?
Yep. You earn materials during gameplay and those are crucial for ranking up your hero.
CHARACTERS

Blasters

17148714960_f0b0ec9997_b.jpg

Speed

16713821164_4156e3da30_b.jpg

Combat

17336292755_a388e201e0_b.jpg

Universal

17148499988_361fb1d655_b.jpg

UPDATES:

2015-06-10-07.27.00-e1433921744220-790x379.png

June brought us those bunch of A-Holes (Guardians of the Galaxy) along with Ronan, Yondu, Nebula and missions dedicated to them.

July brought us the tiniest heroes (Lang Ant-Man, Giant Man, Wasp, Yellowjacket) with their own dedicated missions along with Red Hulk.

August brings us the badass women with the A-Force update. A-Force members She-Hulk, Singularity, and Nico Minoru aka Sister Grimm will all be introduced to the game. Additionally, Angela, Black Widow, Bullseye, Captain America, Captain Marvel, Groot, Iron Man, Kingpin, Maestro, Spider-Man, and Venom will all receive new Secret Wars-based costumes. The game will also introduce a new tournament event system called “Taskmaster’s Killiseum” as well as new Special Missions.

October gives us the Agents of SHIELD (Not the WWE trio). Quake/Skye/Daisy, Coulson, May, Lincoln, and Lady Sif join the fight with a AOS costume for Mockingbird and two new bosses, Raina and Franklin.

Halloween Update gives us Elsa Bloodstone, Warwolf and Lash as well as new costumes.
56324a61d9212.jpg

November adds Jessica Jones and new uniforms as well as new 6 Star Attacks

December takes us to the Spider-Verse with Gwen. Miles and Silk joining the fight with new costumes and a updated Daily Missions updated Skill Levels
01.png

Dalek

I will download and take a look! So far the only Marvel game that has clicked with me is Puzzle Quest. Conquet of Champions got kind of boring after a bit.

atomico

So... it's another entry in the free-to-play-licensend-tap-tap-swipe-mobile-fighting-game-with-card-collecting-and-assorted-currencies-like-Injustice-or-MK genre?

I'm working on an acronym, it's gonna take me a couple days.

MOBILE RPG

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
So... it's another entry in the free-to-play-licensend-tap-tap-swipe-mobile-fighting-game-with-card-collecting-and-assorted-currencies-like-Injustice-or-MK genre?

MOBILE RPG
It's nothing like that :eek:

Edit: That damn stealth edit xD

Andodalf

Banned

MOBILE RPG

SOLBA

Single-player online line battle arena

Click here to throw Cap's shield!
Cap's shield will throw in 11 hours 59 minutes.
Pay 12 Marvel Bucks to speed up?
Get 10 Marvel Bucks for $4.99 Get 100 Marvel Bucks for $99.99 (Amazing Value!!!!)

mreddie

Click here to throw Cap's shield!
Cap's shield will throw in 11 hours 59 minutes.
Pay 12 Marvel Bucks to speed up?
Get 10 Marvel Bucks for $4.99 Get 100 Marvel Bucks for $99.99 (Amazing Value!!!!)

Not like that at all, you still grind for characters but you're technically running on unlimited energy since it refills everytime characters level up.

When's Iron Fist BTW?

He's there. I think the Guardians are MIA though.

mreddie

How are the free to play hooks?

You start out with Iron Man, Captain America, and Black Widow. Being a free to play game, it costs energy to go on these missions.You can unlock a character by finding a sufficient number of "Biometrics" for that character. These can be won from completing missions or by spending premium currency on Dimensions Chests, which award random prizes. Bad guys also drop items which you can level up a character or level up their skills/attacks/defense.

Roto13

You start out with Iron Man, Captain America, and Black Widow. Being a free to play game, it costs energy to go on these missions.You can unlock a character by finding a sufficient number of "Biometrics" for that character. These can be won from completing missions or by spending premium currency on Dimensions Chests, which award random prizes. Bad guys also drop items which you can level up a character or level up their skills/attacks/defense.

How feasible would it be to unlock all of the characters (or a specific character you want) without paying anything?

Basically, the number of hurdles between me and Carol Danvers will determine how long I stick with this game. EDIT: Well, the fact that it's written by Peter David will probably help, too.

mreddie

How feasible would it be to unlock all of the characters (or a specific character you want) without paying anything?

Basically, the number of hurdles between me and Carol Danvers will determine how long I stick with this game. EDIT: Well, the fact that it's written by Peter David will probably help, too.

The Dimension Boxes are either gear or heroes and Carol is a one star hero so you might get her easily if you beat missions and save enough crystals, there's also the daily box if you get really lucky, I got Falcon with that and I just started.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Okay whoa. WHOA.

I did not expect such fluid and fast combat and such great animations from a mobile Marvel game. It pretty much does play like an action RPG. Serious production value. And I only just finished the tutorial.

Roto13

The Dimension Boxes are either gear or heroes and Carol is a one star hero so you might get her easily if you beat missions and save enough crystals, there's also the daily box if you get really lucky, I got Falcon with that and I just started.

I also got Falcon. Maybe it's not random. He is in Age of Ultron this weekend. EDIT: Or maybe it's not.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
ixqHka2Ey1NvY.PNG

From my first Dimension Box. Hold that sheeet shaowebb.

For real, these animations and models are incredible. Iron Fist jumps around on his toes. So much content already. They got Ultron from the comics and the Age of Ultron version and they both look great. Comics Vision etc.

LuuKyK

I got Blade from my first box. >_>

Oh well. These biometrics seem to take forever to drop. Unlocking characters will probably take a long ass time.

Aside from that its a pretty basic/usual f2p offer, nothing new.

Game is surprisingly fun and well done though.

BamfMeat

Can we get a console/PC Marvel game again? I am cool with mobile games, but I'm really jonesing for a real Marvel game.

Also, I want another X-Men fighting game but that will never happen again. :(

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Can we get a console/PC Marvel game again? I am cool with mobile games, but I'm really jonesing for a real Marvel game.

Also, I want another X-Men fighting game but that will never happen again. :(
You don't want to know the things I would do for another Ultimate Alliance. Hell, I'll settle for Marvel Heroes on consoles. Just give me something.

LuuKyK

You don't want to know the things I would do for another Ultimate Alliance. Hell, I'll settle for Marvel Heroes on consoles. Just give me something.

A PS4 version of Marvel Heroes has been hinted since forever by David Brevik, so it should happen sooner or later.

ramyeon

Weird, this has been out in Australia for months now. Played it quite a bit.

Very, very grindy as are most F2P games. Fun for a few hours and then just gets frustrating because it's so repetitive and requires so much grind to unlock any new characters. Ended up deleting it a few weeks ago.

BamfMeat

There's Marvel Heroes on PC. :p

:( I've spent around $2,500 in that game (and not unhappy about it) but then interviewed with Gazillion and didn't get hired so I kinda moved away from it. :(

That's not their fault, I just want another game :(

shaowebb

ixqHka2Ey1NvY.PNG

From my first Dimension Box. Hold that sheeet shaowebb.

For real, these animations and models are incredible. Iron Fist jumps around on his toes. So much content already. They got Ultron from the comics and the Age of Ultron version and they both look great. Comics Vision etc.
O_O
He's there.

MANLY PICTURE TIME!

OKe7kIi.jpg

*Installs game*

shaowebb

3 Biometrics for Iron Fist. On Normal Chapter now. Got Cap. America 2 star, Black Widow 1 star, Vision 1 star, and Iron Man 1 star. All around lvl 10 with upgraded skills. Fishing for enough crystals to try an dbuy more shots at Iron Fist from the shop with them.

v1lla21

Holy fuck, this game just screams Ultimate Alliance to me.
I'd fucking love Marvel Heroes on PS4.
This game is impressing me

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Does this spoil the Age of Ultron film plot at all, or is this a completely separate experience?
Completely separate. Only things in are a jokey reference to
Tony Stark creating Ultron in an alternate universe instead of Hank Pym like in the comics
, and Age of Ultron suits.

Roybr

Só much grind. The game is fun but it's so hard to unlock any hero. I can see myself getting tired soon.

Xander51

I was ready to dismiss this until I opened the thread and saw it was an action RPG, and now I'm going to download it right away.

Squire

Banned
With a storyline penned by best-selling Marvel comics writer Peter David

So, this is what happens when your book sells so badly it gets canned? Damn shame.

Also, LOL @ no mutants. Besides the fact it kills my interest, the dude writing this has more or less exclusively written mutants for like 20 years. LOL.

shaowebb

If anyone wishes to friend request me from Gaf im shaowebb in this game same as every other game. Desperately still seeking Iron Fist Biometrics. Game tells you on what missions biometrics are located and most are on Elite stages. Looks like I need to get to stage 4 something in elite, but Vision has some more biometrics early so I can upgrade him along the way. Seems unlocking the 4th set of stages unlocks daily stages and villain siege stages too. Also been fighting in dimensional rift stages that are timed and hard as hell sometimes. Great rewards though. Overall this game is pretty good and the leveling can mostly be done by playing and there is very little stamina meter bullshit to contend with.

Right now I got
  • Iron Fist (3 biometrics)
  • Hulkbuster( 2 biometric)
  • Black Bolt (1 biometric)
  • Ghost Rider (2 biometric)
  • Vision (2 biometric)
  • Loki (1 biometric)
  • War Machine (1 biometric)
  • Green Goblin (1 biometric)

Current team is all lvl 10
  • 2 star Captain America lvl 10(shield throw is godly. Hits everyone and strips crowds. Shield bash interrupts and causes slight recovery on enemies)
  • 1 star Black Widow lvl 11 ( guns. Her ability in a slug fest to backflip out and fire is a great getaway)
  • 1 star vision lvl 11 (better build up your speed and dodge. Low health dude. Beam and diving attack only hit in straight lines. Recovers moves fast though. Med damage but eye beams are pretty heavy hitting)
Backburnered Ironman. (great distance character. His normal attacks are ranged shots and his specials are a hard hitting beam and a circular blast that has a backdash...long recovery though but pretty safe.)

Top Bottom