• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends Championship Series: Season 7

zkylon

zkylewd
I agree with there being more accessability for non-core market teams to get to Worlds, but there has to be a better way.

This whole qualifiying run has generated fatigue.

i like that there are more games, and from smaller regions too

you can just not watch those games, don't really affect worlds as you know it in any way

cHinzo

i mostly hope china finally shows up, tho it does feel like every region except for korea is a step down from last year

China looks stronger than last year imo. Those Chinese teams played really badly. EU is still whatever, guess they got better since they don't have Splyce this time. NA looks good with TSM, Immortals and C9. LMS stayed the same. I'm excited for this Worlds.

zkylon

zkylewd
i wonder how they choose this stuff

feels like real awful timing considering it's worlds

rito's esports division is really bad with leaks

janoDX

Who's excited for...

Warriors vs Cavs N(B)A LCS FINALS

As of now we got on the NA LCS for S8:

• TSM
  • C9
  • CLG
  • Liquid
  • Echo Fox (Now backed by the New York Yankees)
  • Golden State Warriors
  • Cleveland Cavaliers
  • FlyQuest
  • OpTic Gaming

Sol Mori

The saddest thing is that Echo Fox was against franchising while IMT was in favour.

Echo Fox, or rather Rick Fox, was not against franchising. He just didn't sign the letter the other owners did.

Also congratulations to TSM for winning Spring 2018; guess IMT should have realized that Riot is extremely petty and that having LA be your place for Overwatch was a death sentence for your franchise application.

Sol Mori

idk if that's being petty, they just don't want immortals to fund their overwatch stadium thingie using league money

Is this a meme? You know Riot complained about teams using the money they make from League to fund other esports a while ago? Then the owners blasted them for being out of touch. Riot has a long history of being petty shits: they didn't want LCS pros streaming anything but LoL at first; they didn't want TSM to have any HTC sponsored videos on their youtube channel, anything related to Monte. The whole point of teams pushing for franchising is because LCS is a huge money pit and at the very least they hope that franchising would be the start of profitability, because with a $10 million investment it better be.

Also IMT isn't the only current LCS team that invested in Overwatch; C9 (London) did as well. Granted I feel like investing into Overwatch is a mistake because it just doesn't seem to be a very good spectator game.

zkylon

zkylewd
eh, half the stuff you just said is wildly exaggerated and if it's like you say that other teams are allowed to invest in overwatch then it's most likely something like travis says, just a financing thing

Ashhong

Is this also the worlds thread? Do we expect SKT to win it all again? I thought they would love to LZ in the finals, but even though SSG beat LZ I think SKT has a better chance

Top Bottom