• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet and Clank series is a gem.

I also love Ratchet and Clank. It's the only platformer series that I've enjoyed although the platforming is rather light so perhaps that contributes to me liking it opposed to me not caring about it like most platformers.

VertPin

Ima just gonna lay it down.

UYA > CiT > R&C16 > GC > ToD > R&C > RD

UYA simply is unsurpassed, best cast, best humor, best villain (so best they went on to rehash him in almost every subsequent game) and best arena mode.

As for why most people put Crack in Time over ToD OP, it has one of the best variety of guns across the series, easily the best clank sections, great level designs, and probably the best storyline across the whole series.

I didn't think the weapons were as great as other entries, the Clank sections are great though. The level design is very linear with no reason to revisit the tiny six planets but the story is good. The moons are great but I would have taken more planets/areas.

I loved CiT upon release, and still do, but ToD to me is better.

I didn't think the weapons were as great as other entries, the Clank sections are great though. The level design is very linear with no reason to revisit the tiny six planets but the story is good. The moons are great but I would have taken more planets/areas.

I loved CiT upon release, and still do, but ToD to me is better.

Agreed that the game's planets were extremely linear (The Future games, and to a lesser extent RC16, are guilty at this) but they made some of the best (and biggest) platforming levels in the series out of clank's abilities and the rocket boots.

I remember liking the first, but the 2nd and 3rd were a bit too iterative. The second in particular felt like they just made the UI blue and that's it.

That was generally my only problem with the series. All the games are well made, but they ended up feeling too similar. I think I skipped the ps3 games because of that.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I remember liking the first, but the 2nd and 3rd were a bit too iterative. The second in particular felt like they just made the UI blue and that's it.

That was generally my only problem with the series. All the games are well made, but they ended up feeling too similar. I think I skipped the ps3 games because of that.

The third modernized the control scheme as well but I kind of agree that they still felt too iterative to even recall much difference. I particularly was most fond of the first even if the content was somewhat improved(the humor and writing got worse) but I certainly at least felt the origin story was rather nice in the 2002 original.

VertPin

Ideal for a sequel...

>20 or so weapons, with at least one being a melee weapon, no more mr.zurkon or disco ball (it's been done to death)
>Racing, Quark mini games or something similar
>Arena with platforming challenges as well
>Multiple planets with more than one mission, less linear, more paths
>Jetpack over the fast boots from CiT, or if so, both
>Multiple planets
>Comfy hub similar to the ship in UYA
>Go back to the tongue n' cheek and somewhat inappropriate writing the original games had

Also, remember the crystal mission from GC and the sewer crystal mission from UYA? Bring one of those back. Make it rewarding with massive bolt gains, and bring back the interesting new gadgets or items too!

Going Commando, Up Your Arsenal, Tools of Destruction, and A Crack In Time are among my favorite games of all time. I'm in the minority but I couch co-oped All 4 One with a friend and had an absolute blast.

hollomat

Banned
All the games are great. Deadlocked is very underrated.

The PS4 game was great, but I hope they do a full ratchet and clank game this gen.

I’m sure they have their hands full with Spider-Man though.

Top Bottom