• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2017 Week 8 |OT| Top 25 Coug'd it. Or is it Clemsoning?

Quake1028

Eason is probably gone. This is Fromm's team. I think they use Fields situationally as a running threat who can also pass really well, but just easy reads for a while. But as the season goes on it wouldn't shock me if he got more and more playing time. He's a great passer.

No thought to giving Fields a redshirt? Or will it not be possible because of depth if Eason is gone?

andycapps

No thought to giving Fields a redshirt? Or will it not be possible because of depth if Eason is gone?
He's said he's open to it but if Eason leaves then it's just Fromm and Fields as only scholarship QBs. I think in that case you don't redshirt and you want him to get some experience in case Fromm would get injured.

I mean maybe Eason stays but he shouldn't. Go start somewhere else. It's not his fault he got hurt and Fromm went in and has stolen the job.

Ganhyun

I feel bad for Eason. Reminds me of when the QB for the 49ers was doing well and got hurt, and never got the job back.

Have 3 heisman caliber starting Quarterbacks they said, it will be fun they said, youll never lose a game and run through college football they said

jjasper

Whelp in appears the Gruden stuff has morphed from a message board joke and somehow now everyone is going down the rabbit hole. Good luck to them all.

Clearly not going to happen. I hope the rumors of the school actually realizing that you have to pay money to get a proven coach are true though.

tebunker

Banned
He's said he's open to it but if Eason leaves then it's just Fromm and Fields as only scholarship QBs. I think in that case you don't redshirt and you want him to get some experience in case Fromm would get injured.

I mean maybe Eason stays but he shouldn't. Go start somewhere else. It's not his fault he got hurt and Fromm went in and has stolen the job.

It would end up like it is at Bama now. Tua would've redshirted if either of the other Qbs had not transferred.

Honestly I am not sure it will matter for either team long term. Just need to keep grtting good qbs in line and hopefully have one redshirt.

Lunar15

I remember when the Ravens injured Tommy Maddox.

Sorry we failed you, world.

How's the new game? Never played the newer games (PoR/RD era for me), so the roster wasn't what I was hoping for.

Warriors? Not interested either. We're in the same boat, the roster clearly isn't aimed at people like us.

Might want to check out Shadows of Valentia for 3DS if you've got the time. The maps are trash but the game feels weirdly nostalgic. Might not get the same effect if you haven't gone through Awakening and Fates though.

As for college football, I'm just hoping the Gators can make it through the bye week without a loss. Don't have high expectations.

andycapps

It would end up like it is at Bama now. Tua would've redshirted if either of the other Qbs had not transferred.

Honestly I am not sure it will matter for either team long term. Just need to keep grtting good qbs in line and hopefully have one redshirt.
It's a great problem to have. How can we decide between 3 highly ranked QBs?

Lunar15

It's a great problem to have. How can we decide between 3 highly ranked QBs?

I know our schools hate each other and all, but mind throwing one of those guys over here? :D

yall-got-any-more-of-them-quarterbacks.jpg

Don't, we'll just wreck them until they transfer somewhere else and become eventual starters in the NFL.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I know our schools hate each other and all, but mind throwing one of those guys over here? :D

yall-got-any-more-of-them-quarterbacks.jpg

Don't, we'll just wreck them until they transfer somewhere else and become eventual starters in the NFL.

Hey, you got one of them already, and you broke him.

There was also another 3 on the market this past fall
Backup, converted WR and a backup who has left his 2nd team

Oh hai.

About to go get my Warriors copy.

I've never played the series, but it seems strange to me that they have 2 versions, 1 on Switch and 1 on 3DS. Those versions have to be so vastly different from eachother due to hardware constraints of the 3DS that I'm surprised they have the same name.

ryseing

I've never played the series, but it seems strange to me that they have 2 versions, 1 on Switch and 1 on 3DS. Those versions have to be so vastly different from eachother due to hardware constraints of the 3DS that I'm surprised they have the same name.

I'm actually getting the 3DS version so I'll report back. They did the same with the Hyrule Warriors port and IIRC it ran ok on n3DS.

Helmet leak

helmet.jpg

Has nothing to do with Ohio State, its mascot, buckeyes, or its color scheme but okay. Alternative uniforms should at least play homage to the team or its mascot in someway. That looks like a helmet all 120+ FBS teams could wear. Nothing special, its just some jagged lines in 50 shades of grey

andycapps

Has nothing to do with Ohio State, its mascot, buckeyes, or its color scheme but okay. Alternative uniforms should at least play homage to the team or its mascot in someway. That looks like a helmet all 120+ FBS teams could wear. Nothing special, its just some jagged lines in 50 shades of grey
50 Shades of Grey is a perfect nickname for that monstrosity.

Rvaan

Banned
Waiting for the mainline Fire Emblem to come out before getting a Switch, hopefully with a bundle. Electronics money this fall is going towards a PS4 Pro and even that may have to go on hold if we get a NY6 bid.

Let's get NC State in the playoffs!

Apparently its based off last years team Motto "land of the wolves" or at least thats the bullshit Nike is pumping out

That's why I didn't mind the Gator look. It played into a swampy, reptilian pattern.

Is tOSU also getting a full uniform to go with this? Might be a neutral(ish) helmet that accents what the rest has going on.

Quake1028

That's why I didn't mind the Gator look. It played into a swampy, reptilian pattern.

Is tOSU also getting a full uniform to go with this? Might be a neutral(ish) helmet that accents what the rest has going on.

The jersey is also all gray. Like, all of the gray.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
You can tell the NBA started back. Less chance of a good game on Friday now do to the MLB playoffs and the NBA.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe Marshall-MTSU will be good tonight but I'm kind of doubting it. Probably not near as good as the game last night ended up being.

For what it's worth Warriors is also not really a Fire Emblem game, it's a spinoff/crossover with the Dynasty Warriors series. I like Fire Emblem (mostly pre-Awakening FE) but don't really care anything about FE Warriors. I still haven't played Shadows of Valentia either, need to get around to that but it's hard to find time for portable games.

andycapps

PAPN brought up a good point. Do you give Butch another year so that you don't risk losing that class?
You make a decision based on how things have gone and where things are going. Basing decisions around what recruits may or may not do isn't smart. I mean Jones had Hurts, Kamara, and Hurd and what the fuck did he do with them? Didn't win the division.

Best news of the week, the Maryland/Rutgers game will be moved from Yankee Stadium back to Piscataway!

Rutgers AD Pat Hobbs using the "excuse" that there would be issues orchestrating it with the Yankees post-season run, but the real reason is because there was next to no fan support for the game, and Rutgers fans were pissed at having to give up a home game to go the Bronx.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9QDELLKJ2Y

They never could figure out how to do the turf properly, would come up like a bunched up rug.

Slo

Minninois playing an intra-squad scrimage! The unstoppable force vs the immovable object! Somethin's gotta give!

ag-my001

Well my alma mater (undergrad) keeps messing up. With a last minute announcement, they declared they will be "updating" our beloved(?) mascot, the Green Terror at tomorrow's Homecoming game. Not content to change the name of the college via an announcement on a Friday at lunch in January between semesters, they have the temerity to claim this is part of celebrating 150 years (new name has only been 15).

And they wonder why I keep hanging up on them when they call for money.

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2017/10/20/mcdaniel-150-anniversary-homecoming-game-mascot-new/

ryseing

For what it's worth Warriors is also not really a Fire Emblem game, it's a spinoff/crossover with the Dynasty Warriors series. I like Fire Emblem (mostly pre-Awakening FE) but don't really care anything about FE Warriors. I still haven't played Shadows of Valentia either, need to get around to that but it's hard to find time for portable games.

SoV is my favorite of the 3DS FEs. Map design is not great, but I really liked the dungeon crawling and the way magic worked.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Haven't been paying too close attention to the game but I think MTSU might be pretty bad this year. Or at least they are in this game.

Not that I'm complaining, but I'm gonna have to flip between Game 7 and ND/USC. If both my teams lose this will be a pretty sad birthday weekend.

Top Bottom