• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 8 | Expecting reprints? Too bad. Waluigi time.

Yukinari

I bought the Kirby series versions of Kirby and Meta Knight and the Smash version of Dedede. Kirby series Dedede was so fucking ugly that i decided to pay like 20 bucks to import the Smash version from Australia.

InkoMint

Neo Member
I bought the Kirby series versions of Kirby and Meta Knight and the Smash version of Dedede. Kirby series Dedede was so fucking ugly that i decided to pay like 20 bucks to import the Smash version from Australia.

I did the same thing! Don't feel bad! We hated the Kirby Series Dedede, and ordered the smash one!

I had a box of sealed amiibo at my place that I was planning to display but my hillbilly cousin, who I paid to clean up my place a bit while I was at work, brought her son and let him open some of them. I haven't been this mad at my stupid family in quite some time.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I had a box of sealed amiibo at my place that I was planning to display but my hillbilly cousin, who I paid to clean up my place a bit while I was at work, brought her son and let him open some of them. I haven't been this mad at my stupid family in quite some time.

Sounds like they need to buy you some NIB Amiibos

I would make them buy you new ones, honestly.

ZeroX03

Banned
Found the ZSS amiibo locally for half price. Wasn't intending to get one, but the price was right and Federation Force support.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Excited for Boo, Daisy and Waluigi!

You know it, Howard! It's finally Waluigi Time!

Found the ZSS amiibo locally for half price. Wasn't intending to get one, but the price was right and Federation Force support.

That's right, ZeroX03, buy them all...good...

Mz4oVxR.gif

Shauni

Do we think the last smash amiibo won't make 2016?

5 months left in the year, but I think a lot of people are assuming they are holding out for the rumored NX port to release alongside that. But right now NX is slated for March, with many expecting a delay, so that's a long time to go without releasing the last three.

Velcro Fly

i don't have callie/marie preordered yet. their release really snuck up on me.

think i'm going to hold off and maybe buy them when i'm playing splatoon.

amazing being able to say that when a year ago i was importing from amazon jp

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
AmiiboGAF, I come to you in my time of need. Did the Callie and Marie amiibos ever go up for preorder on US Amazon?

Nope! Maybe they will the day before. :p

You should just order from Best Buy at this rate. Gotta get 'em in store day one!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Holy crap, this week? Why the hell hasn't Amazon STILL put them up for pre-order, especially when the Mario Series 2 characters were already up weeks ago.

zroid

Banned
Amazon.ca has had them for a few weeks, surprisingly

usually canuckistan is the last place to get amiibo pre-orders

Cappa

Banned
So pretty much all amiibo are on sale here in spain. Picked up new fugly DeDeDe and new meta knight for 6.90 each.

The mega yarn yoshi was down to 29.99 but still to much.

Right now just need the mii fighters(6.90 is still to expensive lol) and waddle dee and I have all the collection that is not animal crossing or gold mega man.

Does anyone know the number of days you have to return Toys to Life stuff to Toys R Us like Amiibo and Disney Infinity?

Return? What does that mean?
Nah but really, I think the Amiibo are the usual 90 days but since DI is going away soon I wouldn't waste anytime returning them if you can.

AdanVC

So cool we're getting wave 2 of Mario line with WALUIGI DA GOD but I would have prefered other characters rather than another Rosalina, another DK, another Diddy....another Wario it's ok because he is wearing his classic outfit rather than the Wario Ware one from the Smash line amiibo. But other characters such as Koopas, Kamek, Hammer Bros, etc. would have been a better choice IMO :( Hoping for wave 3.

Boogiepop

Just want to try mentioning one more time that the amiibo card trading thread still exists.

It seems to have largely dried up, but it would be great if we could get at least a little more activity in there (since I still need to trade for a good chunk of series 4). (It's slowed down enough that I'm nearing the point where I just say "screw it" and give up and get the cards I need through other means, since I just kind of want to have the complete set and be done with them).

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Just want to try mentioning one more time that the amiibo card trading thread still exists.

It seems to have largely dried up, but it would be great if we could get at least a little more activity in there (since I still need to trade for a good chunk of series 4). (It's slowed down enough that I'm nearing the point where I just say "screw it" and give up and get the cards I need through other means, since I just kind of want to have the complete set and be done with them).

Honestly, Nintendo releasing four full series of cards within nine months killed my desire to try collecting them. Especially since there are quite a few repeated characters among sets. I only own most of the Series 1 cards and I think some Series 2 cards.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly, Nintendo releasing four full series of cards within nine months killed my desire to try collecting them. Especially since there are quite a few repeated characters among sets. I only own most of the Series 1 cards and I think some Series 2 cards.

Yeah, it wasn't the smartest idea. I'm happy with my complete Series 1 set with the two Japan cards and three exclusive AF cards tucked away in the official binder Nintendo reps handed out at BB. Especially because Series 1 has Bob. All hail Bob.

TWxGNf0.gif

This is where I'm at as well. I completed Series 1, got halfway through 2, Nintendo released 3 before I could start trading, I said "screw this" and walked away.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Wave 2 of the Monster Hunter Stories amiibo has been revealed in Famitsu!

[EDIT: Picture is a scan so technically I can't post it because GAF has rules about that, check the link]

From left to right:
– Qurupeco and Dan-senpai
– Barioth (nicknamed Hyouga) and Ayulia
– Rathian and Cheval

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Oh shoot, I almost forgot about the scan rules. The last thing I need is to get in trouble here. Thanks Draxal!

I hope we get an announcement soon, because if these aren't announced for NA along with the Stories special edition by the end of the year I'm importing all six of them!

[EDIT: Picture is a scan so technically I can't post it because GAF has rules about that, check the link]

From left to right:
– Rathian and Cheval

The Monster Hunter series might have to be where I draw the line. They look cool, but I've never played any of the games and know next to nothing about the series. If I don't draw the line there, where can I?

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
The Monster Hunter series might have to be where I draw the line. They look cool, but I've never played any of the games and know next to nothing about the series. If I don't draw the line there, where can I?

You should really get 4U on 3DS. It's super cheap these days and serves as a perfect introduction to the addicting fun gameplay of Monster Hunter. Very easy to get into, hard to master. At the bare minimum, these are fun characters riding on cool monsters--that should be enticing enough! No line! :p

then spend hundreds of hours in 4U like the rest of us send help

You should really get 4U on 3DS. It's super cheap these days and serves as a perfect introduction to the addicting fun gameplay of Monster Hunter. Very easy to get into, hard to master. At the bare minimum, these are fun characters riding on cool monsters--that should be enticing enough! No line! :p

then spend hundreds of hours in 4U like the rest of us send help

I do trust your opinion, Diggeh. Maybe I'll give it a chance!

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
CENSORED

From left to right:
– Rathian and Cheval

You're not allowed to post links to scans, either, LoL

Stay safe Diggeh

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
You're not allowed to post links to scans, either, LoL

Stay safe Diggeh

Dan pls I love this place too much to get banned

I'm going to update the OT for eternity and you're gonna like it!

4PtmLdj.gif

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
They can't do so many mh amiibo without having planned its western localization, right?

Btw can I buy those from Japan without spending hundreds of dollars?

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
And still not on amazon

At this rate they're probably waiting until the day of to do one of their "this goes up at 11 AM, this goes up at 12 PM" things from when amiibo were limited. I'm picking mine up from BB first thing in the morning!

Top Bottom