• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster |DT2| oh dear...

Status
Not open for further replies.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
voEZhzu.png

9HohBQ7.png

4FKurLj.png

b617XPR.png
S9EKG6z.png
EAHOMZI.png

dcxdsGX.png
btthLKJ.png
gpORl9i.png

O29svgk.png
zsKluTi.png
T2PSH3U.png

FAzc86C.png
bpOWOuh.png
MYykHsM.png

20q0VOw.png
jcmZT6w.png
giqHGkq.png

ptpwX18.png

CgNusXS.png

0CjGNm1.png
qqp4cMC.png
y6W8UJB.png

uiSvfdN.png
jSnrUu7.png
zHowamw.png

yKtmX9l.png
s7yv6xi.png
8PDmWTf.png

YX8fGX3.png
qLqmXZr.png
gZcYRLa.png

MV99ftN.png
TO5N667.png
9VSoSjx.png

0o8ZtdL.png

82CtPk5.png

BaGZfuq.png
pysInFv.png

ARBck5M.png
EPifG00.png

hHHdGFj.png
bfbHHmx.png

C94dmZs.png
RIhzT3e.png

4BdYQtv.png
SM560Vr.png

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
luE6XcG.png

• Platforms: PS4, X1, & Steam
  • Release Date: September 19, 2017
  • 2v2, raw tags are instant and designed to carry combos fluidly
  • Huge cast; confirmed characters: Iron Man, Captain Marvel, Captain America, Ryu, Megaman X, Morrigan.
  • Single player modes include Arcade, Mission, Training, and a Cinematic Story, Frank Tieri is involved in some capacity
  • Multiplayer features include ranked matches, casual matches, global leaderboards, and online lobbies with spectator mode.
  • Unreal Engine 4
  • Producer: Mike Evans

pem8wXs.png

Infinite Stone mechanic replaces X-Factor, is planned to have two types of abilities that can be activated. The abilities are as follows:

• Power Stone - Surge: causes a range attack that will wall bounce; Infinity Storm: increase the damage output and probably causes more wall bounce
  • Time Stone - Surge: give the characters an ability to make teleport-dash; Infinity Storm: increases mobility and combo potential (basically cut down on animations)
  • Space Stone - Surge: able to draw the opponent toward to you; Infinity Storm: put your opponent in box of shame (small space)
  • Reality Stone - Surge: summons a red homing projectile that would move slowly; Infinity Storm: summons four different element attacks depend on your input(s)
  • Mind Stone - Surge: summons a small yellow bubble which is a command grab that would put your opponent in full stun mode, but heavily scaling; Storm: You would be granted with a full meter gauge (four bars)
  • Soul Stone - Surge: would leech health from the opponent Storm: resurrect your downed partner and activate marvel vs capcom 1 cross attack style

0ofFyHj.png

muSWROr.png

1. Ryce Leak - 28 characters

I was just given permission to share this.

Arthur
Chris
Chun-Li
Dante
Firebrand
Jedah
Monster Hunter
Morrigan
Nemesis
Ryu
Spencer
Strider Hiryu
X

Ant-Man
Captain America
Captain Marvel
Doctor Strange
Gamora
Hawkeye
Hulk
Iron Man
Nova
Rocket/Groot (this is how the character was named to me; I'm not sure if it's just Rocket Raccoon with Groot assists or a redesigned character actually called Rocket/Groot)
Spider-Man
Thanos
Thor
Ultron

The Capcom side is missing a character, but it's probably someone like Frank West.

2. Datamine List

The leak had almost everyone from Ryce but plus Mike Haggar, Ghost Rider, Frank West, Dormammu, Venom and Winter Solider.

DtAY6KO.png

Number of Characters in Roster

no - but i did hear initial character count is low 30's. if i had to guess, season pass would be 6-10 characters split across marvel & capcom. really hoping cyclops makes his long overdue return.

X-Men and Fantastic Four Characters

I didn't plan on sharing this just yet, but with the incessant Fox ban discussion I thought I should speak up.

Yesterday, I was told with complete certainty that X-Men and Fantastic Four characters will be coming... as DLC. It's a done deal.

fwiw, i heard the same thing

Rumored Marvel Characters
Ant-Man via Polygon and Eurogamer

2wQ9MLJ.png

Q: What about X-Men and Fantastic Four characters? Would they be in Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite?

A: According to the Game Informer impressions, hope might not be lost for X-Men/FF characters: "[Creative Director of Marvel Entertainment Bill Roseman] wants to make sure fans of all of Marvel properties, including X-Men, were happy. ”That heritage is not lost," he told me."

Q: Do you know if Marvel asked for the X-men to be available only as DLC, or if it's Capcom decision?

A:
Marvel legally has the rights to give developers access to their entire cast of characters thanks to Activision's hold on certain franchises (the X-Men for example) expiring back in 2014. The only license Activision has left is the Spider-Man movie tie-in license, which expires next year. This isn't a matter of Marvel not being able to use X-Men & Fantastic Four characters, it's the fact that they don't want to. Marvel's been trying to minimize the exposure of the X-Men & the Fantastic Four in an attempt to lower the popularity of both properties (which would in turn screw over Fox). Within the last few years, Marvel has had a bit of a feud with 20th Century Fox over the properties they still hold the movie rights for (the X-Men & the Fantastic Four). It grew to the point where, after the release of Marvel: Contest of Champions (the mobile Injustice knock-off by Kablam), Marvel imposed a complete ban on all X-Men & Fantastic Four characters in games made after Contest of Champions. One of the first victims of the ban was Marvel Mighty Heroes, whose developer (DeNA) had this to say on the matter.

mmh.png

To clarify what this ban means....
  • As stated earlier, all new games made after Contest of Champions are not allowed to use any X-Men & Fantastic Four characters. This includes the likes of Wolverine, Deadpool, Doctor Doom, Cyclops, Jean Grey/Phoenix, X-23, Storm, Magneto, Super-Skrull, Sentinel, & more.
  • Games made before the ban with active contracts, like Marvel Heroes (the PC MMO), can add whoever they want until their current contracts expires (Ex: Gazillion's existing contract with Marvel expires in 2019).
  • Remasters &/or ports of older games can be re-released untouched (Ex: The Deadpool remaster for PS4 & XB1).
  • The Maximoff Twins, Quicksilver (Pietro Maximoff) & Scarlet Witch (Wanda Maximoff), are only allowed on a case-by-case basis (Ex: Lego Marvel's Avengers). Only their comic book & MCU incarnations can be used in the event that Marvel allows a developer to use one or both of the Twins, & zero references to their X-Men history can be made. They've also been banned from games more times than not, but their inclusion in certain games isn't impossible.
As for the timeline on how this has affected post-CoC games...
  • Avengers Alliance 2: No X-Men, No Fantastic Four, No Maximoff Twins
  • Avengers Academy: No X-Men, No Fantastic Four, No Maximoff Twins
  • Lego Marvel's Avengers: The Maximoff Twins are present, No X-Men, No Fantastic Four
  • Marvel Mighty Heroes: No X-Men, No Fantastic Four, No Maximoff Twins
  • Marvel Future Fight: No X-Men, No Fantastic Four, No Maximoff Twins
  • Disney Infinity 2.0 & 3.0: No X-Men, No Fantastic Four, No Maximoff Twins
I hope this clears things up a bit.

Q. Why Marvel allowed Capcom to add X-Men and Fantastic Four characters now? Via DLC? if the rumors assumed to be real.
A.
Neoxon said:
I would hope so, but the show was actually greenlit last year, when the supposed ban was still in full effect (long story short, Fox has the live-action rights for TV & film use of the X-Men, but Marvel Entertainment has to greenlight any TV efforts that Fox wants to do). If anything, the upcoming relaunch for the X-Men comics as well as Funko releasing a ton of X-merch as of recently may be a sign that the rumor of Marvel lifting the video game ban sometime in 2017 could have some truth to it.

zrOPfzR.png

I decided to make the chatroom open to the public so everyone could join as they want to. I want to make sure that everyone are aware that there are rules that people need to follow for discord chat and being respectful to each other.

Invite: https://discord.gg/38WnuGd

Knr1Cv6.png

Q5hhrMb.png

Capcom - making Marvel Vs. Capcom franchise
Marvel - whatever they done for MvC franchise
Enzo_GT - for saving my arse since I lost most of my contents and he allowed me to borrow his information and contents from his previous thread.

Coda

Wooo! I'm actually over all the negatives about the game, let's get hype about what the game is doing well: that classic over-the-top Mahhvel gameplay.

The Marvel pettiness is a bit strange. They're screwing over their own brands to not give popularity to franchises they licensed out?
Don't think this tactic will make Fox give them up sooner, for instance.

The Marvel pettiness is a bit strange. They're screwing over their own brands to not give popularity to franchises they licensed out?

The head guy at Marvel is literally an ancient evil villain and he is set on this path, even though it makes no sense.

He's convinced that people will stop going to see stuff like Logan and Deadpool if Marvel stops putting them in the video games.

Spman2099

Wow, that Game Informer interview is depressing. Peter is so lifeless in it. His responses are so robotic... He must either have been given a ton of crap from on high, or the fan backlash/criticism is starting to get to him.

I have lost all my anger. His stupid comments have all been forgotten to me. I now officially just feel bad for him and everyone working on this game. What a depressing situation.

it's not that they want to screw Fox, they had no problem with Fox characters appearing on MvC (dlc). they just want their MCU characters got in first. it's a matter of priorities.

it's not that they want to screw Fox, they had no problem with Fox characters appearing on MvC (dlc). they just want their MCU characters got in first. it's a matter of priorities.
Just going off the quote in the OP
This isn't a matter of Marvel not being able to use X-Men & Fantastic Four characters, it's the fact that they don't want to. Marvel's been trying to minimize the exposure of the X-Men & the Fantastic Four in an attempt to lower the popularity of both properties (which would in turn screw over Fox). Within the last few years, Marvel has had a bit of a feud with 20th Century Fox over the properties they still hold the movie rights for (the X-Men & the Fantastic Four). It grew to the point where, after the release of Marvel: Contest of Champions (the mobile Injustice knock-off by Kablam), Marvel imposed a complete ban on all X-Men & Fantastic Four characters in games made after Contest of Champions. One of the first victims of the ban was Marvel Mighty Heroes, whose developer (DeNA) had this to say on the matter.
Wolverine over Gamora probably would've made a lot of people happy while there still being a Guardians of the Galaxy rep

Wow, that Game Informer interview is depressing. Peter is so lifeless in it. His responses are so robotic... He must either have been given a ton of crap from on high, or the fan backlash/criticism is starting to get to him.

I have lost all my anger. His stupid comments have all been forgotten to me. I now officially just feel bad for him and everyone working on this game. What a depressing situation.
It's not because of that tho.
These were actually fan questions we sent over via email, so the responses are a little more to-the-point.

Neoxon

It's been an ongoing problem for 2+ years that only ended recently.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Yeah i don't know why OP used that, are you telling me you couldn't find a shot where Nova is alone on it?

There is no CGI cutscene for Nova by himself yet so the closest I could think are level 3 or level 1 hyper. I usually would like to avoid that as much as I could. Ultron is the expectation on that matter since I have a gut feeling he would merged with Sigma at beginning of the game.

Neonep

Already on the 2nd thread and we still have about roughly 3 months before launch and still waiting on some reveals. Oh boy.

Neoxon

Already on the 2nd thread and we still have about roughly 3 months before launch and still waiting on some reveals. Oh boy.
Our last chances for reveals are EVO, SDCC, & D23. I'd imagine that we'll get an in-game clip of Spider-Man around the time of Spider-Man: Homecoming's US release (like what happened with Rocket).

tribal24

Banned
Hopefully we can keep all the troublemakers out of this one...., who am i kidding lol yes three more months to go and i would assume a few more reveals for the roster. People getting disappointed at characters they already know about.

Im hoping we get some surprise and Capcom is laughing at us now ; ;

Neonep

Snails pace compared to MvC3 pre-release.

When you are having character trailers for a sequel to a highly anticipated game then hey, I'm not surprised. There has only been 3 info drops about this game. It's initial announcement at PSX, that random day when they announced the release date, and E3.

SnakeEyez

Originally Posted by Ryce
I just heard about a really surprising (and awesome) addition to the Capcom side. The animators deserve a raise for getting this character into the game.

The roster is going to be so sick, you guys.

Who ended up being this character?? Lol at that spoiler tag tho, I'm not too upset with the roster tho.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
There is no CGI cutscene for Nova by himself yet so the closest I could think are level 3 or level 1 hyper. I usually would like to avoid that as much as I could. Ultron is the expectation on that matter since I have a gut feeling he would merged with Sigma at beginning of the game.

Going by that CGI only rule doesn't really make much sense since most of those character protraits aren't even CGI. The only CGI ones on Marvel's side are Captain Marvel and Iron Man the rest is in-game.

Reveal trailer = CGI

Cutscenes = in-game models

Neoxon

don't worry kids, the updated build at evo will address all our concerns.
I'm pretty sure you're being sarcastic, but hopefully we see some more improvement between the EVO build & the E3 build (unless the E3 build is what's being demoed at EVO).

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Going by that CGI only rule doesn't really make much sense since most of those character protraits aren't even CGI. The only CGI ones on Marvel's side are Captain Marvel and Iron Man the rest is in-game, minus Black Panther.

Reveal trailer = CGI

Cutscenes = in-game models

I know that but I miswrote it but I meant I would rather to avoid to use stuffs from gameplay video unless it's necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom