• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NXE PREMIUM THEME SHOWCASE

railGUN

Banned
GremlinInTheMachine said:
It shouldn't be boring to begin with, and game ad wallpapers with a profit margin that has to be around 95% is ridiculous.

MS won't even let owners make their own wallpaper and upload it because that would cut into their nickle and diming.

You could use your own image for the background on the old dashboard, not sure if / how that works now. There are free themes though, and no one is forcing you to buy anything.

Glix

railGUN said:
You could use your own image for the background on the old dashboard, not sure if / how that works now. There are free themes though, and no one is forcing you to buy anything.

You still can.

Mr Jared

2 Minutes Turkish said:
anyone got pics of Mirror's Edge one?

Wha? Mirror's Edge theme? If there's at least a preview, I may bite the bullet. Im afraid it's going to plaster Faith's ugly face all over my dashboard though :(

h3ro

Wizpig said:
Isn't "Hope runs deep" an old, classic, theme?
Is there a NXE version of it too?

There is a new Premium version that has the new Friend's list backgrounds as well as probably having higher quality jpegs with less compression.

kbear said:
It's pretty ridiculous that you still can't preview themes. This is obviously done to boost sales and is really greedy of MS.

Same reason Sony doesn't require demos for any of their PSN games, apparently.

Either way, it sucks.

Teknoman

Dabanton said:
If they bother you so much why don't you go HOME. :D

Daaaaamn.

2v3rfhe.jpg

Baker

Banned
I hate to do this, but does anyone have links to other Gears themes?

There are four themes, but only pics of two of them in this thread.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
I bought the Gears of War "Hope Runs Deep" premium theme. It's nice, it's the expanded poster (like another poster said) with nifty little Gears of War things for the "friends" screen having Gears vehicles and scenes behind the avatars.

You can only really see Marcus, Dom and Baird though. No Coletrain :(

S1kkZ

strange: i have the hope runs deep theme in my theme list, but it doesnt work. the problem: i never downloaded it, its not in my dl history. and its only 5 mb, on the mp it says 13mb.

?

DCX

DCX
I'm hoping some sports ones come out, i would get a Yankees one with Yankee Stadium in the background or a Knick one with the Garden as a backdrop!

DCX

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
bigGIRLSblouse said:
I am blown away at how much the themes can change the vibe of the dashboard if they are created well. Even that Forza one just screams Forza ... loving this! I might have to put together a website for all these.

Thanks. It was our first attempt at creating a "premium" theme and we had about a solid week to do it before submission. :D

We plan on doing more stuff with the NXE. Pretty awesome and fun.

does anyone have a spare gears of war 2 premium theme code to spare ? :) would really appreciate it, pm plz:D

man i love that fable 2 one if only it didnt have fable 2 in big letters at the top

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
There are Gears themes that are free, but they are not premium themes. (i.e. its a wallpaper in the background).

There was a free Gears premium theme if you preordered the game from gamestop though. I really like the themes. I want the castle crashers one too, but I'm hooked on Gears 2, so I'll stick with this one for now. :D

saunderez

StoOgE said:
There are Gears themes that are free, but they are not premium themes. (i.e. its a wallpaper in the background).
The one I have has the grindlifts etc in the Friends list. Isn't that the Premium theme?

I swear, it was free, I wouldn't buy a Gears theme. Ever.

Unregistered007 said:
from the market place or some code ?
Just from the Marketplace. Got it a week or so ago if I remember correctly and it had the (Premium) prefix to it. This was prior to me being accepted into the NXE Beta.

StoOgE said:

There was a free Gears premium theme if you preordered the game from gamestop though. I really like the themes. I want the castle crashers one too, but I'm hooked on Gears 2, so I'll stick with this one for now. :D
That's what I thought.

None of NXE tailored themes are free except the one everybody got with Gears 2 pre-order.

I got the Castle Crashers one...it looks awesome. Last Remnant one looks great too.

Although, if they made a good Tales of Vesperia one, I would insta-buy. =o

xabre

Banned
Why does it just have to be game related themes? Can't they make a bunch of different styles and offer that as well?

Mar

These are awesome. I have points sitting here and desperately waiting to be spent on a theme for a game I like.

Mirror's Edge
Braid
SF2HD

Nom nom nom.

Top Bottom