• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

Kouichi

So I've been playing as Sir Dan lately and I really love him. His play style is so quirky and fun. Second favorite character in the game, despite all his supers being bad.

I'm very close to impulse buying Medievil. Is it a good game and did it age well?

So I've been playing as Sir Dan lately and I really love him. His play style is so quirky and fun. Second favorite character in the game, despite all his supers being bad.

I'm very close to impulse buying Medievil. Is it a good game and did it age well?

I'm having fun with Medievil but it hasn't exactly aged as well as Crash for example. If you are interested I'd say give it a go. I got it as PS+ freebie.

Anyone up for 2v2?

Oh is that the grammatically correct way? Shooooot.
It's a joke about Sly in this game :d.

Kouichi

Hmm, I guess I'll bite since it's only 6 dollars.

That's one of things I love about crossover fighters. They introduce you to new characters and get you interested in playing their games. Same thing happened with Pit in Brawl and Kid Icarus is one of my favorite platformers now.

Jawmuncher

We're not going to get a sequel are we :(
At least the base that purchased and play it seem to be a pretty good community of diehards.

marrec

Banned

The PSP game (if you have access to a PSP or PSVita) is basically a remake of the original and the best way to play it.

cyborg009

Banned
We're not going to get a sequel are we :(
At least the base that purchased and play it seem to be a pretty good community of diehards.
looks like it

since it came out in nov 20 maybe it could do 150k(SCEA doesn't know how to market).

edit:colin ign thinks the game can do over 1mil ....

Skyzard

Banned
Patch live on vita here in EU.

102 mb

medusa's gaze - it fires a green light quite quickly from down to up in one direction. Anyone caught gets statued. Break statue = kill!

.. currently in practice mode testing it out

if you jump and do it he does a spin with it, shorter range

lasts about 4-5 seconds I think

LfWB7.jpg

H7IXi.jpg

Spinluck

Sorry, I couldn't resist. That said, Sacko isn't unmanageable, and the netcode is iffy but not unplayable. People really need to calm down and be less salty.

Calm down? I'm un-calm? Lol

Salty? I'm salty?

I said the game is unplayable?

This is exactly what's wrong with some people in this thread, impartial criticism is a foreign language, and you defend the game at all cost.

I like the game and enjoy it, and have played ot almost everyday.. well most days since release. But there just a few things that aren't done really well, you can excuse the lack of polish in some areas and in others, you can't. :p

KalBalboa

Banned

102 mb

medusa's gaze - it fires a green light quite quickly from down to up in one direction. Anyone caught gets statued. Break statue = kill!

Whoa, really? As in kills w/o a super?

This is exactly what's wrong with some people in this thread, impartial criticism is a foreign language, and you defend the game at all cost.

GAF, in general, has a really bad problem with people going overboard with whining. I'm not singling you out, but some people make it seem like this game has committed unspeakable acts of cruelty.

What's neat is that our constructive criticism on Sackboy seemed to reach SuperBot (I'm sure they had other metrics for fixes too). I think most of us want Kratos and Jak addressed next.

PowderedToast

it hasn't aged well mechanically, in the sense that the standard has changed so drastically. but it retains many of the same qualities now as it did back then. very memorable atmosphere and story conceit, and sir dan is positively charming.

Skyzard

Banned
Whoa, really? As in kills w/o a super?

yeah lol! after shattering the statue (like in GoW) quite cool!

trying it out now in a versus match, not sure if it is the same online (like heihachi's volleyball)
-yep counts as a kill in versus

- you can tap (fast) to break free when statued

Spinluck

102 mb

About time.

Btw, was Frank kidding when he said the servers were closing next year?

Cause I think StarHawks servers are still up lol.

Raiden is not as OP as some say. He is just easy to play.

Agreed, I've never had an issue with Raiden, but I still wouldn't mind it if the game didnt cut him easier slack, only because I'm tired of facing so many Raiden's (and Kratos's) online. What I tend to do with the noobs now is block, wait for them to mash square, roll behind and super. Can they cancel those animations? I feel like they can roll out in a split second, and they may get smarter and do that, but if the animation hangs then it's quite possibly a balanced counter to Raiden.

102 mb

I'm a little weary of this for ranked, and even quick play. What do you mean it fires quickly? Is there no risk involved with using it?

Noi

Agreed, I've never had an issue with Raiden, but I still wouldn't mind it if the game didnt cut him easier slack, only because I'm tired of facing so many Raiden's (and Kratos's) online. What I tend to do with the noobs now is block, wait for them to mash square, roll behind and super. Can they cancel those animations? I feel like they can roll out in a split second, and they may get smarter and do that, but if the animation hangs then it's quite possibly a balanced counter to Raiden.

Unless they're doing the very last hit of the square string, both Raiden and Kratos can easilly straight up turn around in mid-string and stuff your level 1. That they aren't doing it is less "people are complaining too much" and more "the people I'm fighting don't know how to excel as these guys".

Unless they're doing the very last hit of the square string, both Raiden and Kratos can easilly straight up turn around in mid-string and stuff your level 1. That they aren't doing it is less "people are complaining too much" and more "the people I'm fighting don't know how to excel as these guys".

And I hate that!

jrDev

Same, these last two days have been an absolute dumbster fire for me. Lag is terrible and every other match there are people that are invisible to me and potentially others (hell I could even be invisible to them 0_o) that are racking up AP and kills.

Though my history with online games tells me that means they are test their patch and it is causing additional stress on the servers.

PS. To all the randoms out there. If I have caught the annoying spams a lot Kratos in a combo please don't come over and attack me subsequently freeing Kratos to go back to his old ways. FFA is such a mess in that regard.

Lag? I thought the netcode was "Smooth as butter"?

Sorry to hear that. This is why I usually wait a day before doing DL-ing a patch. :/

Eh is ok. I have played this game way too much anyway lol. I doubt the fix will take long.

I cant even imagine the reaction if we miraculously get a sequel.
They should just send Omar to Yoshidas office. He would blankly stare him in the eyes till he greenlights a sequel.

KalBalboa

Banned
Welp the patch borked my game. Matches get stuck on loading screen. Hopefully fix doesn't take as long as this patch lol.

There might be an issue with some non-patched versions of the game being match-made with you. Not all regions got the patch at the same time, and I was able to log on before DLing it.

Top Bottom