• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken PC Coming, Console Release Mar 6 [Like ME3/XCOM/Ghost Recon]

KAL2006

Banned
SF
Ryu / Ken
Guile / Abel
Chun Li / Cammy
Sagat / Dhalsim
Poison / Hugo
Ibuki / Rolento
Zangief / Rufus

rumoured or teased
Elena / Makoto (Elena hinted by Lupinko, Makoto is my guess)
Guy / Cody (both seen on CG trailer)
Boxer / Claw (both seen on teaser)
Juri / Dictator (Juri was seen on the teaser, Dictator is my guess)

Tekken
Kazuya / Nina
King / Marduk
Bob / Julia
Hwoarang / Steve Fox
Yoshimitsu / Raven
Kuma / Heihachi

rumored or teased
Lili / Asuka (Lili confirmed, and Asuka was seen on the CG trailer)
Paul / Law (both seen on the teaser)
Ling Xiaoyu / Jin (Ling was seen on the teaser and Jin is my guess)
Bryan Fury / Jack-X (both hinted by Lupinko)
Christie/??? (Christie was hinted by Lupinko and who knows who could be her partner, or Christie could be partnered with Ling and we can have another spare team)

Boss team
Akuma/Ogre (my guess)

Unplayable Boss
Oni Akuma / True Ogre Fusion (my guess)

Thats 46 playable characters in total and one unplayable boss

Degen

Interesting how the Tekken side (which was probably Greek to a third of you guys) makes a lot of the SF roster so hype-free thanks to SF4. Good characters, but still

how will balrog play? ...the same way he did last time, but with SFxT mechanics. duh.

will jack be a grappler or will he have a game-changing sentinel-like play style?
will xiaoyu be as fast as ibuki or just really good at combos/trickery?
can asuka still counter all day? how will christie differ from elena? how good can paul's deathfist get away with being in this game?
so awesome.

Big Interview with Ono Here. Some of the more interesting questions below.
With the Vita, will the game be almost exactly the same as the PS3 version or will it be getting special features that make it different?

I’ve been pretty open with Sony as well. And it’s going to sound negative and perhaps shocking at first, but I’m going to explain what I mean. I don’t think it’s possible to completely replicate and give you the full arcade experience in the palm of your hand. You sort of need joysticks and a big screen and that sort of thing. But that doesn’t mean we can’t do something really fun and compelling with the Vita and with this particular title.

So I’ve been working a lot with Sony from the very early stages before the Vita was even announced. We had early versions of their APIs, [so it’s going to be] less what can we do with the hardware and more what can we do with the software. So I think although the content of the games will be quite similar to what you see with on the PS3. I think you’re going find that there are things you can only do with the Vita.

Will the 360 be getting any exclusives?

Can’t really talk about that.

Will there be any DLC we can discuss?

There’s a lot to talk about with online. As far as DLC is concerned, right now to be honest, the team has their hands full with getting everything onto a disc. That said, the game is structured in such a way so that it can accept DLC at a later date, so if we were to do updates, it would be entirely dependent upon if the fans want it, we can do something like what we did with Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition, where we can deliver extra content through DLC.

It could be paid, it could be free, but it’s definitely possible. I don’t think we’ll see a series of disc releases, I think we’ll go straight with DLC at this time. At the same time, there are other online aspects to talk about as well. Since we’re going for a party type atmosphere, we really want it to feel like a party.

So we have some four player modes in store. This could be four people in the same room, four people in New York, San Francisco, and London, and Tokyo, participating, but we have a couple modes we can use for there. We have “Scramble mode,” which literally allows four players to play at the same time, which is a Smash Bros. kind of thing. Since it’s a tag game, we also have it where you can have it set up so that each one of these characters is physically a different person, so there’s a lot of features to bring people together into this all inclusive party and the online is a part of this.

Okay, last question. SNK vs. Capcom 3. When’s it happening?

I hear requests for that all the time. In fact literally, every day on Twitter, literally several times a day, so I know it’s something on the fan’s minds.

Honestly, from my point of view, but the time we got to Capcom vs. SNK 2, they did pretty much everything they could do with that game That’s a really well polished game. I don’t think that we could top it. I think if we were to do a three, we would have to do something different and take it in a new direction because I wouldn’t want to compete with two since it was so darn good.

But a lot has changed with SNK side as well. It’s a different company now than it was then. We had a lot of connections back then, we were really friendly with one another. But frankly, I don’t know a lot of people there right now.

Things have changed so much, so there could be a bit of a hurdle getting something down there, just making these business connections again first. But you know, who knows. I can’t say one way or another whether something like that can be done.

But I can say that it would probably be different, and it would start with a lot of negotiations and just getting to know these guys again because it’s a lot of people we’re not familiar with.

The 360 Exclusive stuff was so cryptic. May be a pipe dream but with a PC port confirmed windows 8 live integration and the PS3 and Vita versions having all the cross platform stuff(dlc I think) it would make sense for Microsoft to tart pushing PC-360 cross platform play again. Fighting games would be great cause the best possible input device*arcade stick) is available for both.

Tizoc

kunonabi said:
CVS2 was polished? Now that's comedy.
SHOUSHOUSHOUSHOUSHOUSHOUSHOUSHOUSHOUSHOUSHOUSHOUSHOUSHOUSHOUSHOUSHOUSHOUSHOUSHOUSHOUSHOUSHOUSHOUSHOUSHOUSHOUSHOUSHOUSHOUSHOUSHOU

Somebody link me to these hints about Elena and Christie please, wanna get a couple of laughs before I hit the sack.

Degen said:
how good can paul's deathfist get away with being in this game?
so awesome.

God, I hope it's as good as it is in Tekken. I played the lamest keep away/whiff punish Paul. Non stop back dashing to bait a whiffed poke then punish w/ deathfist. Mishima's trying to wavedash in?? Better watch out for them shredders lawlz.

Was hoping for more Alpha and 3rd strike characters that weren't in Super4 - if the rumours are true, but charge characters need some love too I suppose. Although I'm happy I can try out the Tekken characters who should all feel like new characters in the SF universe and there is the likely DLC update to look forward to after a few months which will hopefully add characters and improve balance so we get a more refined experience. But i'm not going to be one of those waiting for an updated version when it looks like there's so much to learn with all the mechanics they've managed to include. And I hope we get a decent LE in EU, something to make up for the fact we're getting this later than everyone else.

CPS2

It'll be interesting to see if the way this is played competitively will seem different to the default modes or not. Maybe online vs is the core mode, as opposed to offline vs.

KAL2006

Banned
abq said:
Fingers crossed.

Like I said before, why would Ono's team take a step back from what they did with SSFIV:AE, SSFIV was a lesson to Ono's team to make games capable for future expansions by DLC. With SFIV it was the teams first game so it was excusable for the team to not have SFIV being expandable by DLC. However since SSFIV they made they know to make their games expandable, I don't see why Ono's team would take step back. Also, if they have a expansion, I doubt it would be as big as SSFIV, as SFxT is not as barebones as SFIV, it has tons of modes, online features and a cast of 40 or higher. If they have a expantion it would most likely be a similar update to SSFIV:AE.

Ferrio

Banned
abq said:
Fingers crossed.

Ya I'm calling BS on it. We'll get a smattering of both. They know they can get away DLCing characters and stuff... then releasing a disc upgrade even later on.

Why call BS on it? I don't think Ono's team has screwed anybody with the SFIV franchise at all. SFIV was a huge risk and probably didn't have the confident backing to include all the stuff that later came with Super at a 40$ Price tag. Then they went with DLC for AE for 15$ since they had already planned to make the game expandable now that it was a proven success.

The only thing they ever charged for were cosmetic alt costumes. Updates, game modes etc were always free and are still coming free(Ver. 2012). I don't get the complaints regarding Ono's handling of SFIV's DLC and why people so worried he'll screw them with SFxT which is already one of the most content and feature rich fighters ever.

Green Scar said:
Not that it matters, but doesn't this mark the first time a Tekken game has been on PC?
Probably.

I guess T3 was playable on PC through Bleem! PC disc though, but I guess that was practically just emulation?

KAL2006 said:
Jun would be an odd choice if you already have Asuka and Jin. Also, there is no point having Sakura there if you are not going to include Karin, as the school team rivalry (Sakura/Karin vs Asuka/Lili) can't happen.

About Jun though....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dw_x5QvGsLc#t=2m35s

Oh and surprisingly somebody already did beat lupinko to dis-confirming Karin. Mentioned some sort of licensing issue about it when he did it though.

Would fit If Capcom is going for the Schoolgirl+Capoeira fighter approach though. Pairing Ling and Jin is akin to pairing Sakura/Ryu.

lupinko

Flying Wonkey said:
About Jun though....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dw_x5QvGsLc#t=2m35s

Oh and surprisingly somebody already did beat lupinko to dis-confirming Karin. Mentioned some sort of licensing issue about it when he did it though.

Would fit If Capcom is going for the Schoolgirl+Capoeira fighter approach though. Pairing Ling and Jin is akin to pairing Sakura/Ryu.
Nah that's just dumb semantics, Karin was trotted out in Cfj with no problems. It's like a stupid excuse like Strider. But in Karin's case, Capcom owns her straight up, no alpha 3 version or Cfj had any licensing copyright.

Remember, I am the judge, jury and executioner.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
So Elena is actually being hinted at too? This is pretty awesome.

I'm patiently waiting to see if the Makster will make it to this game and I'll be 90% sold on it.

Still dissapointed we didnt get any reveals besides Rufus at NYCC. And even then it was just some artwork and not even a full trailer. What other events are coming up where they could actually show off SFxTK? I wanna see the cg trailer with Cammy/Chun-Li vs Lili/Asuka already =(

Ono Interview
Sumary:
• There will be no option to disable gems in SFxT. Ono said they're too important to the gameplay.

• Gems are designed to be complex — for advanced players. They really want you to think about which gems will fit your play style and approach.

• Preset gem packages for new players will help them along, though.

• The DLC load times for SSF4 AE are partially a problem with the infrastructure on XBL/PSN. Capcom is aware that this is an issue, though.

• Not all gems in SFxT will be opened up from the get go, DLC and other stuff will make more of them available. There will be a starter set available right out of the gate.

• There are two kinds of gems, one is passive and another is active. One type is geared towards new players, that help with blocking and throwing, and another type of gems that are for high level players, the latter of which adding a more strategic element.

I'll give them credit. They got balls for committing. No turning back now. Either it's a hit or miss. It's just one game at the very least it will be tested fully and will either fail or move the genre forward some. We'll see.

I'm ok with this :

"There will be no option to disable gems in SFxT. Ono said they're too important to the gameplay."

But not when followed by this :

"Not all gems in SFxT will be opened up from the get go, DLC and other stuff will make more of them available."

Kimosabae

Banned
"There will be no option to disable gems in SFxT."

But Mr. Wizard so thoroughly tested this aspect of the game. Whatever will become of our precious SFxT competitive sanctity?

FindMyFarms said:
I'm ok with this :

"There will be no option to disable gems in SFxT. Ono said they're too important to the gameplay."

"Not all gems in SFxT will be opened up from the get go, DLC and other stuff will make more of them available."
I'm with you there. To make this truly add to competition and strategy everyone should have access to every gem.

Anyway now that it's settled that this is an integral part of the game it will be fun building a team and using Gems to make them op or cover up their weaknesses what I am curious about it do you choose 5 gems per character or per team?

CountAntonius said:
I'm with you there. To make this truly add to competition and strategy everyone should have access to every gem.

Anyway now that it's settled that this is an integral part of the game it will be fun building a team and using Gems to make them op or cover up their weaknesses what I am curious about it do you choose 5 gems per character or per team?

Each character gets their own individual set of gems, but the amount of gems each character gets hasn't been finalized yet.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
FindMyFarms said:
I'm ok with this :

I was about to post this. You can't say they are core to the gameplay yet make players unlock and buy them. Bullllllshit.

Kimosabae

Banned
I don't see the problem with unlocks as it gives people incentive to explore the game outside multiplayer. Any DLC Gems that aren't free should be banned.

I'll be honest, I think Ono and Seth are full of shit trying to pass these Gems off as intrinsic to the gameplay. Were that true, they'd have let us know about them long ago.

Mista Koo

lupinko said:
But in Karin's case, Capcom owns her straight up, no alpha 3 version or Cfj had any licensing copyright.
Well technically she wasn't made by Capcom and her first appearance wasn't in a Capcom game.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
FindMyFarms said:
I'm ok with this :

Pretty much, this will not end well.

Tizoc

IMO Gems should be it's own mode ala Heroes and Heralds, I can see EVO SFxT matches being played WITHOUT Gems either because the players don't want to use them or just equipping Gems would take a lot of time accumilatively.

Kikujiro

FindMyFarms said:
I'm ok with this :

I really hope they are not that stupid. Free gems DLC are ok, but since it's Capcom I doubt it, and if you have to pay for important game mechanics, then they are doing it wrong.

Tizoc

This got me to wonder-
If Capcom announce a new Powerstone fighting game, that is 2D but uses a Gem system very similar to SFxT's, and is a core gameplay mechanic: Would you be intersted in it?
If the answer is Yes, then maybe you shouldn't complain a lot about Gems in SFxT.
Just a thought.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
• There will be no option to disable gems in SFxT. Ono said they're too important to the gameplay.

• Not all gems in SFxT will be opened up from the get go, DLC and other stuff will make more of them available. There will be a starter set available right out of the gate.
Purchasing decision cancelled. No option to disable is some bullshit. I wonder what Evo will do about this, ban the game altogether?

Tizoc

enzo_gt said:
Purchasing decision cancelled. No option to disable is some bullshit. I wonder what Evo will do about this, ban the game altogether?
Prob., like I wrote the total time it would take for every player to equip any unlocked Gems would be unnecessary, plus the players would just want to get into it already.

alstein

enzo_gt said:

It will be sponsored, and will probably keep a deserving game like Skullgirls or KOF out.

Tizoc said:
This got me to wonder-
If Capcom announce a new Powerstone fighting game, that is 2D but uses a Gem system very similar to SFxT's, and is a core gameplay mechanic: Would you be intersted in it?
If the answer is Yes, then maybe you shouldn't complain a lot about Gems in SFxT.
Just a thought.

Would I complain? No. Would I want the game run as serious business at tournies? No.

FindMyFarms said:
I'm ok with this :

Pretty much.

Top Bottom