• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ReCore |OT| Rock Your Core for a Prime Bot

derFeef

I like positive GAF reactions, let's see if they stay positive the longer they play.
This game appeals to me in every way on paper.

I'm really enjoying the game so far. I got to the entrance of the pylon.

Decided to test out Xbox Play Anywhere. So I started playing on the Xbox and stopped just after beating the first boss. Graphics were good, load times a little long. Other than that, I couldn't complain. It's hard for me to notice low framerates or drops with the naked eye.

Went to my PC which has the following settings:

i3-2120 (below min. spec for game)
8GB RAM
GTX 960
1440 x 900 (max. resolution of my monitor)
Turned all settings to max, V-Sync on, 60 FPS

Game looks great. Seems like I see more detail than on the Xbox, but maybe that's because I'm closer to the screen. Smoothe rmotion, too. It ran great aside from a couple freezes of a half second. My save state synced without issue. I'm using an Xbox controller to play, so it was almost like never leaving my Xbox.

I gotta say, I love having XPA to see what my mediocre rig is capable of.

So PC version is good? :)

No idea if it will last but I've just finished the first dungeon and I'm enjoying it so far. Haven't run into any glaring technical issues either.

Some screenshots I took during my PC session. These are all from the first dungeon or earlier so it's not really spoiler territory.

lOcELzY.jpg

YDnPmIm.jpg

tnV1zSR.jpg

fr96FDR.jpg

1KiOWn0.jpg

rA5h181.jpg

GhqdOni.jpg

PXFB8ID.jpg

Hmm, well most of y'all seem to be enjoying it, technical issues aside. Good sign, if it keeps up I'll probably purchase later today.

Oh, and Moa, sounds like your download /install is fucked. You try a reinstall yet?

ChuckNyce

Just tried that and all I see under "you own this" is "May require certain hardware. See system requirements for details". No buttons or links to download at all. Wonder if maybe I just have to give it a bit and try later?

Yea, like someone else said, you'll need to download the Win 10 Anniversary Update. Same thing happened with me and Halo 5 Forge.

Zafir

Some of those reviews describe something of Banjo Kazooie meets Metroid Prime meets Lost Planet dream game but instead of 8+ they slap a 6 at the end because reasons (mainly lack of optimization on Xbox one and a spike of difficulty towards the end which frankly is another plus in my book). I don't get it. Years lamenting the death of the mid tier game and the exploration platformer and when one comes along it gets panned for being exactly that..

So it's already up in the Euro store? Or did you switch stores?
I didn't switch stores no, was on the UK one. The page stated 16th but I clicked the play button (already had it preloaded) and it launched without issue.

Final post before I go to bed, I spotted some enemies way below me so I figured I'd take some pot shots safe in the knowledge that I had the much higher ground and there was no threat to me.

I was not prepared for what happened next...

HW9oVnF.gif

Lazaro

PC SETTINGS if anyone were wondering:

Most of the normal video settings behave as you expect (fullscreen goes fullscreen, VSYNC ON or OFF etc.)
g9ttSho.jpg

"Target FPS" allows 30FPS, 60FPS or Maximum FPS (not sure if unlimited)
"Quality Preset" ranges from Low to Ultra, also custom
"Texture Quality" ranges from Low to Very High

The Advanced video settings page includes more PC Graphic options.
jRQOOR5.jpg

Anisotropic Texture Filtering: Force On, Force Off, Per Texture.
Antialiasing: Off, FXAA (Pixel Shader), FXAA (Compute Shader), Temporal 2x, 4x, 8x,16x
Shadow Types: None, Hard, Hard and Soft
Shadow Resolution: Low, Medium, High, Very High
Enable Bloom: Enabled, Disabled
Ambient Occlusion Enabled: Enabled, Disabled
Ambient Occlusion Quality: Very Low, Low, Medium, High, Very High
Camera Motion Blur: Off, Camera Motion, Local Blur, Reconstruction, Reconstruction DX11, Reconstruction Disc

Maffis

I fucking hate region release dates. There is no reason at all why Europeans should have to wait several days more.

Recreat3

I like positive GAF reactions, let's see if they stay positive the longer they play.
This game appeals to me in every way on paper.

I have enjoyed my first couple of hours with the gane and geniunely cant wait to boot up again. I hope the game doesnt become stale towards the end.

runs much better than I thought on my dell xps 15 inch w/ 960m video chip when running on battery.

guess, I need to pack my xbox one/windows controller I bought for my dell xps with me for now on.

load time to getting into the game didn't seem too bad...mind you, I've seem much worse load times in the past on other games.

gus-gus

Banned
Can't wait to try this, haven't played a game since quantum break. I think I'll try both pc and Xbox versions tonight.

Nia

Alright, I bought the game on Microsoft's website for Windows 10, but I can't seem to find a place to download it. There must be something I'm missing. No download popped up or anything.

Vee_One

Bought and playing on Xbox One no worries. Enjoying it
How do I install it under Windows 10, I cant seem to figure it out :(

phant0m

So is this another one that plays better than the reviews? Thinking it might be worth it for $31.99 w/ GCU.

Or maybe I should just fire up the Prime Trilogy on my WiiU

Alright, I bought the game on Microsoft's website for Windows 10, but I can't seem to find a place to download it. There must be something I'm missing. No download popped up or anything.

Open the windows store (shopping bag icon on your task bar).. you can download it from there.

JaggedSac

Liking the corebot upgrade stuff. Traversal is fun so far. Just did my first traversal dungeon and didnt get anywhere near the time objective, lol. Should be fun attempting to get everything the game has to offer.

MCD

So is this another one that plays better than the reviews? Thinking it might be worth it for $31.99 w/ GCU.

Or maybe I should just fire up the Prime Trilogy on my WiiU

It sounds like a good junk type of game. Wish MS helped Armature with more/better optimization and graphics. Could have been so much more with just that.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
About an hour of play and loving it so far.

I can already see the foundation for an amazing sequel hopefully in Unreal Engine 4 with the polish this game deserves.

novabolt

Having a great time in ReCore (At friends house), every review that is under 7/10 is crazy. I can actually the £30 I spent was worth. Problems here and there but I can't wait for Friday plus getting B and K as well makes this purchase all the more good.

It shows in my order history but I can't figure out how to download it

Are you using the windows store app? You can't download it from the website.

It should be front and center in the "Games" tab of the store app. Just click the game and it'll take you to the game's landing page, where you should find an install button.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
I wonder if the PC fixes most of the technical issues and jank all the reviews are docking it for. The Xbone version sounds terrible.

There's no jank. Jank relates to poor controls and "feel". This game is tight to play. It's the animations that are bad.

Z3M0G

Watching a stream and this game looks like something I wish there were more of. It looks like... a videogame. If that makes sense. Not really.

You mean it's a game that looks like a game, and not a game that tries to look like a film at all times?

Games try to be too "cinematic" these days.

me0wish

PC performance is really smooth.

My only issue is there is no 21:9 support

zHBRAnTl.jpg

vAt8CP0.jpg

This is a problem that I really hope they fix, from the videos I've seen the game seems pretty meh, but the positive reaction from gaf is getting me intrigued again, but no 21:9? No thanks, I'll wait for the Steam version to get discounted.

Fuck, I never hated the gaming press so much as I'm hating now. Yeah this game is not perfect and you can tell many technical problems right away, but god damn how anyone that calls himself a gamer has the nerve to call this game garbage?

I'm only in the beginning but it's pretty clear already that it's a great game that controls wonderfully.

I really really really hope the word of mouth catches on and the game ends up doing great because it's fucking awesome and it will be a shame if it fails.

I don't recall the reviews talking much about the VA or music, which is a shame cause it's pretty darn good.

This is true. Not sure who's playing Joule, but I like her voice and the interactions between her and Mack are well done.

As for the music, definitely surprising. I love the little swells of music when an event happens or you open a door to a new section. Gives me an Indiana Jones explorer vibe. Its neat.

Can't wait to jump back in after work and really dig in.

Jingo

This game needed a demo period, but they decide to concentrate on forza even tought thats a well established franchise.

Played the tutorial segment and the first dungeon, and I can't understand the bad rap this game is getting! I'm having a really good time!
The friendly robots I've encountered so far have been adorable.

On the fence about this one but the impressions here seem good, one question though. Does this look like a game that has good replay value, like newgame+ kinda stuff?

Interesting thing happens when you play with subtitles. Turns out Mack is speaking his own language. I thought it was a nice touch when I played, but then I read this interview on Gamespot.

Turns out the language can be decoded. Now, who's up for deciphering it? Someone's sure to crack the code.

Coolade

PC performance is really smooth.

My only issue is there is no 21:9 support

I resorted to running an HDMI cable to my tv for the time being. Not really ever expecting a 21:9 patch for the game if they couldn't think to do it beforehand.

Top Bottom