• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

Bladenic

Oops, think I fucked up. I evolved Angemon and Ankylomon into that thing they fuse into, but it's only got 20 ABI. So I'm locked out of 2 possible further evolutions. But no way am I going through the shit required to even get that thing to begin with. Oh well, I'm just trying to get through the story anyway.

Oops, think I fucked up. I evolved Angemon and Ankylomon into that thing they fuse into, but it's only got 20 ABI. So I'm locked out of 2 possible further evolutions. But no way am I going through the shit required to even get that thing to begin with. Oh well, I'm just trying to get through the story anyway.
There are ABI increasing items later in the game.

Labadal

I have a few questions.

How do I use boosters? It says that I can use them in the farm but I can only use meat.

On normal, should I just digivolve nillywilly and play? I might try some colisseum fights but I'm mainly focused on story.

Are there any easily missable cases?

Thanks in advance!

Bladenic

How can I increase a desired stat? To get Black MetalGarurumon it looks like I need high defense but WereGarurumon Black has about 30 points less than required. Is the only option grinding a lot?

I have a few questions.

How do I use boosters? It says that I can use them in the farm but I can only use meat.

On normal, should I just digivolve nillywilly and play? I might try some colisseum fights but I'm mainly focused on story.

Are there any easily missable cases?

Thanks in advance!
I can't remember about boosters, try pressing the menu button.
Digivolve whatever you want, endgame grinding is ridiculously easy. Gatomon or Devimon might be good for early eaters, but aren't needed.
There aren't any missable trophies.
There aren't any missable cases or missable trophies.
How can I increase a desired stat? To get Black MetalGarurumon it looks like I need high defense but WereGarurumon Black has about 30 points less than required. Is the only option grinding a lot?
You can put them in the farm filled with the relevant stat boosting decorations (or whatever they're called - the things you place in the digifarm, not what your digimon equips).

I bought this when it went on sale some time ago thanks to all the positive word of mouth and just finished it. I really enjoyed it despite having no experience with Digimon before. I even found the ending surprisingly touching.

Lynx_7

My PS4 has been weird lately. Sometimes it displays image, sometimes it doesn't. It randomly started working again so I've been focusing on Cyber Sleuth over the past few days. I'm on chapter 13 and the story really amped up all of a sudden. Starting to get a little worried about my team falling behind the challenge curve (on Hard Mode) though, currently only have 1 mega (Darkdramon). The mission with the Justimon team gave me a bit more trouble than I was expecting.
What makes me sad is that my SkullMeramon is gonna take like until Lv.90 before I can finally evolve him to Beelzemon. Why must you put such an insurmountable grind wall between me and best mon, Cyber Sleuth? :p That's not even taking into account how long it's going to take before I can get my MetalEtemon, MetalGarurumon, Puppetmon and probably Piedmon. Thankfully I have VenomMyotismon, MetalSeadramon and MachineDramon coming relatively soon.

Around which chapter do I get the Great Challenge missions I keep seeing as evo requirements?

Bladenic

Someone tell me who I should evolve Birdramon to. I have all 4 choices available (Crowmon, AeroVeedramon, Garudamon, and that other one Chincimon or whatever) but I can't decide. Like I want Garudamon cuz of nostalgia but it seems to be the worst of the lot in terms of abilities and special moves, and the only stat it seems to have over the others is HP.

Labadal

I can't remember about boosters, try pressing the menu button.
Digivolve whatever you want, endgame grinding is ridiculously easy. Gatomon or Devimon might be good for early eaters, but aren't needed.
There aren't any missable trophies.
There aren't any missable cases or missable trophies.

You can put them in the farm filled with the relevant stat boosting decorations (or whatever they're called - the things you place in the digifarm, not what your digimon equips).
Thanks!

Someone tell me who I should evolve Birdramon to. I have all 4 choices available (Crowmon, AeroVeedramon, Garudamon, and that other one Chincimon or whatever) but I can't decide. Like I want Garudamon cuz of nostalgia but it seems to be the worst of the lot in terms of abilities and special moves, and the only stat it seems to have over the others is HP.
You're gonna be hopping all over the tree so much it really doesn't matter.
I like the AeroVeedramon line cause it leads to some good end game stuff.

Bladenic

I'm so bad at deciding who I want to evolve to. All of Lillymon's Megas seem good, argh. Rosemon seems to have the best special move but rather middling stats compared to the other two.

I'm so bad at deciding who I want to evolve to. All of Lillymon's Megas seem good, argh. Rosemon seems to have the best special move but rather middling stats compared to the other two.

Rosemon has burst mode as well which is good.

My PS4 has been weird lately. Sometimes it displays image, sometimes it doesn't. It randomly started working again so I've been focusing on Cyber Sleuth over the past few days. I'm on chapter 13 and the story really amped up all of a sudden. Starting to get a little worried about my team falling behind the challenge curve (on Hard Mode) though, currently only have 1 mega (Darkdramon). The mission with the Justimon team gave me a bit more trouble than I was expecting.
What makes me sad is that my SkullMeramon is gonna take like until Lv.90 before I can finally evolve him to Beelzemon. Why must you put such an insurmountable grind wall between me and best mon, Cyber Sleuth? :p That's not even taking into account how long it's going to take before I can get my MetalEtemon, MetalGarurumon, Puppetmon and probably Piedmon. Thankfully I have VenomMyotismon, MetalSeadramon and MachineDramon coming relatively soon.

Around which chapter do I get the Great Challenge missions I keep seeing as evo requirements?

The grind isn't bad once you have a party of platnumemons.
Great challenge missions are end-game & post-game , yeah it sucks =(.

Bladenic

Reached chapter 16. Chapter 15 seemed like the longest chapter, lots to do. Are the rest of comparable length? If so, looks like I've still got a good 15-20 hours to go?

Zubz

Banned
I'm at chapter 5 and the writing is nothing to write home about. Still like the game, though.

Yeah. I mean, there's not really any reason to care about any of the characters, at least where I'm at now. I'm certain that I won't remember any of their names after completing the story. I barely remember the detective's name, and she's the one character consistently involved with the story!

Lynx_7

So I decided to minmax the crap out of SkullMeramon's stats and managed to get myself a Beelzemon by level 66. Now I can finally realize my dreams of shooting baby/rookie Digimons in the face while beating myself up for 5% attack bonuses every round. #worthit

Some of these bosses are getting kinda ridiculous with the whole attacking-5-times-straight-away-before-letting-one-of-my-mons-do-anything routine. Kentaurosmon was the worst offender so far on Hard mode.

Which Digimons do I need in order to get those fancy stats up skills that targets the whole group? So far I only have the regular ones that targets a single individual and most of the times I rely on the items instead since they give bigger bonuses.

Bladenic

Finally finished. What a wonderful RPG. Definitely among the top released this year. Hope we get a sequel in the same vein.

Lynx_7

Man, Hard mode just throws away all pretenses of balance towards the end of the game, huh? I'm lucky I got 4 tactician USBs just randomly developing materials, because otherwise... Yikes. The last fight against
Crusadermon
was definitely the biggest offender (don't make me watch a 10 minute unskippable cutscene before a cheap boss battle, what the hell), but the last part of the final boss is no slouch either. Had no idea there even was another fight so I wasn't fully prepared and he just wrecked my team before I even got a turn. I wish I was exaggerating, but I legit spent most of the fight just watching him take turns and wiping out each member one by one before they got to do anything. I usually enjoy a challenge, but giving the enemy a shitload of turns before your team can even react is just bad design.

Saltiness aside, I really enjoyed my time with the game. Gonna see if maybe Ulforceveedramon will give me a fighting chance with the last boss so I can wrap it up for now.

US folks that may have been holding out:

19.99 at GameStop for their post-Holiday sale. Believe the price will be in place until Jan 1st.

Been waiting for this pricepoint all year, first time I've personally noticed it. Seems to be getting a bit thin stocked now, got the gut copy (final copy) at my local GameStop (the other GameStop in my city also shows low stock, probably down to within their last 3 copies), uncertain if we can expect many restocks, especially once the next Digimon game lands -- if you insist on physical, think it's a good time to buy! :)

Steveo

Banned
So are all the Digimon games as good as Cyber Sleuth? I'm 33 years old, but have never given any Digimon game a look because I assumed it was just a Pokemon ripoff. But while it's obviously Pokemon inspired, Cyber Sleuth is a pretty great JRPG. Kinda kicking myself for skipping out on the franchise for all these years.

Is Digimon World Next Order a sequel to Sleuth or just a rereleased with added content? I'm asking because it seems like a lot of JRPGs nowdays get rereleased with more content.

Ultimadrago

So are all the Digimon games as good as Cyber Sleuth? I'm 33 years old, but have never given any Digimon game a look because I assumed it was just a Pokemon ripoff. But while it's obviously Pokemon inspired, Cyber Sleuth is a pretty great JRPG. Kinda kicking myself for skipping out on the franchise for all these years.

Is Digimon World Next Order a sequel to Sleuth or just a rereleased with added content? I'm asking because it seems like a lot of JRPGs nowdays get rereleased with more content.

It seems like Next Order is something all on its own taking more to the original Digimon World titles. I'm not sure if you expect the same in the way of sidequests and story.

Also, no, not many Digimon games are as nicely packaged as Cyber Sleuth. I was never big on the DS titles (though they did simplify Digi-volution compared to prior titles). My prior sweetheart is Digimon World 2, though it is archaic, clunky and mastering the evolution routes (with move breeding) is a boring mess of constant fusing. It did have a story with chuckle-worth characters here and there, but it the years have only been worse to it.

Digimon World and Digimon Story are two different series entirely. World games tend to focus more on the in-depth raising of Digimon while Story games are more classic JRPGs.

Cornbread78

Is there a difference is playing on Hard vs. Normal?

I played on HARD, but dies a bunch of times immediately, but then I switched it to Normal and it's almost too easy!

Is there a difference is playing on Hard vs. Normal?

I played on HARD, but dies a bunch of times immediately, but then I switched it to Normal and it's almost too easy!

That's the difference, haha.

Normal is recommended for at least the beginning of the game when you don't have much choice in abilities and Digimon, but you can switch to Hard later if you so choose.
Regular encounters are pretty easy on both difficulties, but Hard makes a good number of the boss fights quite challenging, whereas Normal has pushovers everywhere.

Cornbread78

I recommend playing on hard while in the dungeons and switching to Normal for boss fights.

That's the difference, haha.

Normal is recommended for at least the beginning of the game when you don't have much choice in abilities and Digimon, but you can switch to Hard later if you so choose.
Regular encounters are pretty easy on both difficulties, but Hard makes a good number of the boss fights quite challenging, whereas Normal has pushovers everywhere.

Makes sense; TY!

One other stupid question for ya, how do I send these stupid things to the farm in from the lab? I can't find the option anywhere...

Makes sense; TY!

One other stupid question for ya, how do I send these stupid things to the farm in from the lab? I can't find the option anywhere...

There's one PC to check the farms and interact with Digimon there to the left, then on the right side is the PC where you can manage your party and move Digimon between your party, storage, and the farms.

Cornbread78

There's one PC to check the farms and interact with Digimon there to the left, then on the right side is the PC where you can manage your party and move Digimon between your party, storage, and the farms.

uggh, you have to toggle the Digibank menu.... I keep trying to drop them off from the Farm menu..

Wasn't sure where the best place to ask this was,
Do BandaiNamco games usually have seperate trophy lists for NA & EU?
Digimon World Next order doesn't have a digital pre-order in the UK atm so I thought I'd purchase digitally in the US store if I'd get another shot at plating the game a couple of years later.

Cornbread78

I just hit about 20 hours and have hit a roadblock. There are no new missions and she is not giving any hints at any new ones. How fo I advance the story?

maouvin

I just hit about 20 hours and have hit a roadblock. There are no new missions and she is not giving any hints at any new ones. How fo I advance the story?

When in doubt, you can always do these two things:

- go to the office;
- go to galacta park ot whatever it's called in kowloon lvl 1.

If these don't help we'll need more details.

Cornbread78

When in doubt, you can always do these two things:

- go to the office;
- go to galacta park ot whatever it's called in kowloon lvl 1.

If these don't help we'll need more details.

Yeah, tried both, but nothing is happening.

I've done 4 missions in the top left and three on the top right.

Including:

Left:
Time capsule Snow woman
Scramble Pentagram Difficulty
Wow! Mysterious Digital Face
Nightmare Eater Difficulty

Right:
A Life in crisis
A Game a Bug...
Broadway on Fire

Any ideas on what I need to do to move forward?

EDIT:

Stupid Cafe. Just found it! TY!

I'm lost.

Says I'm on Chapter 16, no cases on the go, or on the board for me to take.
Talk to Kyoko says "I'll leave her to you... Don't let her out of your sight"

Haven't played this game in months so I really can't recall where I am in the game.

edit: lol did the park thing that was suggested above...what do you know.

Zubz

Banned
i think the lab chick also gives you clues anytime you're unsure

Oh-ho, does she ever. I've accidentally gotten so many tips from Mirei when I'm really just checking on/Digivolving my dudes. I appreciate the feature, I just wish she & the terminals weren't packed so close to one another. Granted, I'd also probably complain if they were far away, but there has to be a happy medium, right?

Lagamorph

I had a random urge to double dip on this for the Vita to play whilst I'm away from home, since Next Order has really gotten my Digimon mood up.
But man, £24.99 is a bit much to double dip on a game I already own on PS4.

Think it was on sale over Christmas too, so missed out there :(

maouvin

I had a random urge to double dip on this for the Vita to play whilst I'm away from home, since Next Order has really gotten my Digimon mood up.
But man, £24.99 is a bit much to double dip on a game I already own on PS4.

Think it was on sale over Christmas too, so missed out there :(

Also, mind that if you have the pre-order bonuses on PS4 and don't manage to grab a Vita version with those, cross-save won't work.

Lagamorph

Also, mind that if you have the pre-order bonuses on PS4 and don't manage to grab a Vita version with those, cross-save won't work.
I got the Day One edition on PS4 so have the DLC. The code seemed to give it for both the PS4 and Vita versions, though the EU PSN version at least also comes with the DLC anyway.

I was planning on playing over again from the start whilst on the move anyway rather than using my PS4 save. (Or was there a New Game+ option? I can't remember)
But I'll just have to wait for another sale, it's not included in the current one.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I've spent two hours today resetting my game trying to get Metal Greymon (Blue)'s quest to appear, without luck. I'm about to give up on chasing Trophies for life completely.

It's the only medal I need for the Platinum.

Please, for the love of God, someone tell me I'm doing something wrong and that there's another way to get this fucking medal.

I'm going insane.

Also, fuck this game.

I've spent two hours today resetting my game trying to get Metal Greymon (Blue)'s quest to appear, without luck. I'm about to give up on chasing Trophies for life completely.

It's the only medal I need for the Platinum.

Please, for the love of God, someone tell me I'm doing something wrong and that there's another way to get this fucking medal.

I'm going insane.

Also, fuck this game.
Nope. Took me a while too. It's shitty.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Ah-ha! I was doing something wrong!

I'm just gonna type this out here so that any lost souls that end up facing the same challenges I did get an easy way out.

So: Black Agumon and MetalGreymon (Blue) medals.

It took about 10 game resets to make both Property cases show up when I followed some advice I found on a Japanese blog and removed all Sleuth's Secret accessories from my farms. Before that, I spent a lot of time doing resets with either some or all slots filled with them, but the cases I was after wouldn't show up.

I used 50 Searcher Patches to switch the personalities of all Digimon I had in my five farms, which, again, had no farm goods attached to them. One of the farms had 10 Ultimate mons, and one had 10 Champion mons. The others were random. This was the setup that made the cases show up.

Anyway - Platinum, hooray!

... Now onto Next Order :p

cj_iwakura

Started this after finishing Bloodborne. Fantastic so far, OST is pure Danganronpa-style Takada.

Ami is too adorable.
C6Ni_xRUwAE0y9v.jpg

Cornbread78

Next to last iirc. You're like 95% done.

Nice, I'll just have to finish this up then. TY

There is no way I'm going to waste a ton of time trying to get all the medals when I still need like 200 more!

I did finally get the last farm plug-in and will finish the rest of these new cases that popped up, so maybe I can get some of the highest quality digimon in my party...

Top Bottom