• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Fit U | OT | Don't Forget to Breathe!

Is pre-ordering the Fit Meter necessary? How likely is it that I'll be able to walk into a Gamestop on Nov 1 and buy one without pre-ordering?

Tbh i would rather worry gamestip not carrying wiiu stuff then is thing getting sold out. Nintendo has done a bad job promoting the wiiu and the casuals will not get the message day one.

NeoRausch

Is pre-ordering the Fit Meter necessary? How likely is it that I'll be able to walk into a Gamestop on Nov 1 and buy one without pre-ordering?

pfft, pretty much 100% secured. I'm not american but I guess you could also got best buy, target or any other make store this day for the for meter. Wiiu maybe isn't the hottest thing for retail but cheap WiiFit accesoirs are pretty much a seller.

of everything fails, Amazon. a day or two waiting won't kill you. you still can use 95% of the game for that time.

Why did they change the trainer?? :(
the new one looks generic and bland.

I hope that you can choose between the old and the new trainer.
hell, they still use the old one in the new smash bros game for WiiU.

urgh

Lexxism

Is Nov 1 really the release date for this wii fit meter? I went to my local gamestop and they said is still not confirmed and they wouldn't let me pre-order.

NeoRausch

Is Nov 1 really the release date for this wii fit meter? I went to my local gamestop and they said is still not confirmed and they wouldn't let me pre-order.

GameStop in a nutshell.

Why did they change the trainer?? :(
the new one looks generic and bland.

I hope that you can choose between the old and the new trainer.
hell, they still use the old one in the new smash bros game for WiiU.

urgh
but them piggytails! (o.o)/

Probably would've never given this a second glance if it wasn't for the Fit Meter deal. It'll be cool to try to get back into it after having not used Wii Fit in years.

Nintendo did a good job with this one.

WatTsu

This works out perfectly, I was looking at grabbing a Wii U on the 1st on account of the Mario bundle, being able to grab the Fitmeter too would be great.

Lexxism

I see. It's online only in US but not in Canada(though they probably forgot to update their site). I guess that's the reason why they couldn't let me pre-order in-store.

Oh okay, my bad.

Still, there's bound to be some second-hand market for cheap. ebay maybe?

That's okay. I went to my local gamestop and they say that they have the balance board for $25. I guess I'll just buy there and use my EDGE card and get it a little bit cheaper.

BooJoh

I was expecting more than 3GB since they said Basic systems would require an external HDD.

I've got 13GB free and my Fit Meter pre-ordered, so I guess I'm good to go. Hopefully I can transfer my BMI graph from Wii Fit Plus.

And hopefully Wii Sports Club is small since that's only a few days later. I've been wrestling over whether it's time to drop $50+ on an external drive yet.

javac

I cancelled my pre-order since I bought a crapload of blurays and games and don't want to overdue it. I'll probably get one by the end of January.

Coketruck

My wife and I are going to start the Couch to 5k program next week, so this (and the Fit meters) are getting here just in time. Planning on picking up two on Friday.

zroid

Banned
I don't really know why, but I'm kinda looking forward to this. I barely touched my copy of Wii Fit, and the Balance Board collected dust almost since the week I bought it, years ago.

Maybe it's the price, maybe it's the Fit Meter, but either way I feel I'm going to use Wii Fit U for quite a while longer than its predecessor.

Cherubae

I've been playing WiiFit again for the past month. I doubt the data from the Wii version will automatically transfer to the Wii U version, but it would be nice if my stats carried over.

I had the Fit Meter pre-ordered at Amazon, and this morning I received an email stating that even with 1-day delivery, the meter won't arrive until November 4th. So since the description on the product page now says "Want to receive this the day it comes out? Select FREE Two-Day Shipping at checkout.", I changed the shipping from 1-day to 2-day and now it is scheduled to be delivered on the 1st instead of the 4th.

Quite strange, but I guess it works.

Coketruck

I've been playing WiiFit again for the past month. I doubt the data from the Wii version will automatically transfer to the Wii U version, but it would be nice if my stats carried over.

I read somewhere that Wii Fit U automatically imports your Wii Fit Plus save/profile, providing you had one on a Wii and did a system transfer to the Wii U (or just started playing Wii Fit Plus on the Wii U, I guess).

Cherubae

I read somewhere that Wii Fit U automatically imports your Wii Fit Plus save/profile, providing you had one on a Wii and did a system transfer to the Wii U (or just started playing Wii Fit Plus on the Wii U, I guess).

Yes that's what I did - I didn't feel like transferring my Wii save data to my Wii U (seriously, why the perma-delete?) so I just started over on the Wii U. If it does transfer over that would be super.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Anyone know if any retail stores are gonna sell the fit meter in store? I have a pre-order on newegg but if I knew a retail store was going to get it, I would try there instead. Gamestop is only taking orders online :/

gotee12

Anyone know if any retail stores are gonna sell the fit meter in store? I have a pre-order on newegg but if I knew a retail store was going to get it, I would try there instead. Gamestop is only taking orders online :/

I know it's not retail, but if you're cool with Amazon they have free release date delivery going on right now...

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Really excited for this.
After a long lapse, I've dusted off my original balance board and started getting into the routine of using it daily. I will buy this digitally, simply because of the convenience.

Loading up Wii U > Booting to Wii mode > Inserting Disc > Loading up Wii Fit is a massive pain.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I know it's not retail, but if you're cool with Amazon they have free release date delivery going on right now...

I don't have prime. And I am looking at amazon and did they up their free shipping rules? It tells me to add $15 more in merch to get free shipping. Not to mention I gotta pay tax.

gotee12

I don't have prime. And I am looking at amazon and did they up their free shipping rules? It tells me to add $15 more in merch to get free shipping. Not to mention I gotta pay tax.

Apologies then, I didn't realize it was for Prime only...

BooJoh

Just looked and apparently as of Oct 21st they upped it to $35 from $25. That sucks for people without Prime. As for tax, I think that's based on the state you live in. I still don't pay tax at Amazon.

In your situation I would see about B&M stores that might have the meter friday if you're in a hurry to get it.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Really excited for this.
After a long lapse, I've dusted off my original balance board and started getting into the routine of using it daily. I will buy this digitally, simply because of the convenience.

Loading up Wii U > Booting to Wii mode > Inserting Disc > Loading up Wii Fit is a massive pain.
You can access Wii Mode by just holding down the B button when the system boots up

Eric C

I had the Fit Meter pre-ordered at Amazon, and this morning I received an email stating that even with 1-day delivery, the meter won't arrive until November 4th. So since the description on the product page now says "Want to receive this the day it comes out? Select FREE Two-Day Shipping at checkout.", I changed the shipping from 1-day to 2-day and now it is scheduled to be delivered on the 1st instead of the 4th.

Thanks

I just did the same thing, although I pre-ordered awhile ago with Prime "2 Day" and Amazon said I'd get it the 5th. Changed my shipping to the same "2 day" I already had and now it says I'll get it on the 1st.

Strange but whatever.

Codeblue

I don't really know why, but I'm kinda looking forward to this. I barely touched my copy of Wii Fit, and the Balance Board collected dust almost since the week I bought it, years ago.

Maybe it's the price, maybe it's the Fit Meter, but either way I feel I'm going to use Wii Fit U for quite a while longer than its predecessor.

Being digital helps a lot for me. Once I took the Wii Fit disc out, I got too lazy to keep switching the disc for my 20 minute workout (self fulfilling, I know).

I got my Fit Meter ordered. Hoping to do some good work with it.

If I get two (one for my wife) how does that work? Does she just sign onto her account when the Wii U starts up and sync there?

BooJoh

Thanks

I just did the same thing, although I pre-ordered awhile ago with Prime "2 Day" and Amazon said I'd get it the 5th. Changed my shipping to the same "2 day" I already had and now it says I'll get it on the 1st.

Strange but whatever.

Same exact thing happened with me. Had Prime 2-day and it said Nov 5th. Went to change shipping speed and left it at 2-day and now it says Nov 1st.

Somnid

Thanks

Strange but whatever.

Probably doesn't matter, they ship in the order they get it, it's probably just an update glitch.

RaidenZR

Glad I read this thread. I had the same exact thing happen to me and followed your actions. Worked... and I'm back to Nov 1st again. Thanks!

dock

Is there any news on transferring save data from Wii Fit Plus to Wii Fit U? I haven't yet transferred my Wii to my Wii U.

one_kill

Damn... Aussie prices are too much. I was thinking of buying a second hand Balance Board but I'd be better off buying the whole bundle.

iphys

Is there any news on transferring save data from Wii Fit Plus to Wii Fit U? I haven't yet transferred my Wii to my Wii U.

I think I did hear you could transfer your data to it. Is it not one of the titles where you can just copy the save file to SD and put on your Wii U without having to do a system transfer?

Top Bottom