• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gotham S4 |OT| A Dark Knight - Thursdays 8/7c

JDMC13

I feel like this show could be run long enough to actually end with Bruce becoming Batman. Still seems to have good traction with viewers.

My dream is for this to end with Bruce donning the cape and cowl for the first time, then cut to 6 months later, Batman stopping a bank robbery by the Red Hood. When Batman confronts the leader, he pull off his mask to reveal Jerome in full Joker makeup. Smash to black and call it a series.

Finally Lee is back! Gotham Fight Club doc? Should be interesting when she recognizes Nygma. Any guesses on what Ras passed onto Barbara?

Ok, I don't get what they did with Ra's al Ghul.

I mean, why did they bring the character to Gotham to only make him end up like that so soon?

That was weird.

Also, discount Lou Ferrigno.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
The costuming/hair/makeup on this show is stellar. Give those people a raise. Bab's entire look when she went to the prison was A+. Also, think that was a slight Hannibal Lector nod with mention of Chianti and the glass cell.

Lol @ a couple dudes listening to an antique phonograph in the woods like nothing

____

The costuming/hair/makeup on this show is stellar. Give those people a raise. Bab's entire look when she went to the prison was A+. Also, think that was a slight Hannibal Lector nod with mention of Chianti and the glass cell.

Lol @ a couple dudes listening to an antique phonograph in the woods like nothing

I agree almost 100% except I feel they could've done a bit more with Grundy. Seemed like his makeup was sweating off a bit.

Uh... So Ra's is dead dead. OK.

This show makes no sense. I hate
love
it.

Side note, walked past Morena Baccarin and Ben McKenzie the other day in NYC and they're even better looking in person. Didn't even realize who they were until my girlfriend pointed it out; I was too dumbstruck by the perfection.

Sölf

I am not sure what to think about Ra's. Is there anything similar in the comics? I would not put it behind the show to play it straight like this, but I also would not put it behind the show to make him appear later on again with a crazy explanation.

Overall though, another really good episode. And holy shit, that preview! <3

Oddduck

Nobody stays dead forever on this show.

Unless your name is Liza.

tumblr_oshkmwb1J71uxw0iuo1_500.gif

____

Sölf;252626601 said:
I am not sure what to think about Ra's. Is there anything similar in the comics? I would not put it behind the show to play it straight like this, but I also would not put it behind the show to make him appear later on again with a crazy explanation.

Overall though, another really good episode. And holy shit, that preview! <3

I wonder if anyone took the corpse. I can see someone recovering it and dropping it in the Pit for lulz.

Parch

I'm embarrassed that I didn't figure out it was Soloman Grundy until the antique phonograph scene. I'm was thinking... who the hell is this ape supposed to be? Swamp Thing? No, can't be, that's Marvel. Then the music. Duh. Of course.
The Riddler Grundy team up has potential.

Penguin still carries this show IMO. The guy is just perfect.

I'm embarrassed that I didn't figure out it was Soloman Grundy until the antique phonograph scene. I'm was thinking... who the hell is this ape supposed to be? Swamp Thing? No, can't be, that's Marvel. Then the music. Duh. Of course.
The Riddler Grundy team up has potential.

Penguin still carries this show IMO. The guy is just perfect.

Swamp Thing is DC, Man Thing is Marvel. Man Thing has a proboscis face. Easy to get them mixed up.

Parch

You're right. Maybe I was thinking Man Thing, but maybe Swamp Thing. Oh hell, I dunno what the hell I was thinking. I was just trying to figure out who the new dude was.
Maybe next week we'll get Savage Dragon and Hellboy.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
The ultimate irony would be Ra's, a character known for not staying dead, being the one character on this show to actually stay dead.

Parch

Ra's can't die, that's his schtick, but it sure seems like this is the end for this story arc. He was there to give master Bruce a life lesson and now it's done and he's gone for awhile. Maybe not, but maybe he's in the plans for future seasons.

So it's out with Ra's and in with Grundy. Plus the ongoing Penguin crime story. The "regulars" are always going to be around, but Ra's isn't a regular.

Parch

I think I've got it all figured out.
Batman doesn't kill, and Ra's Al Goul can't die, so it's all good. Because that's what Ra's gave Barbara... his soul. So now all she has to do is sweep up what's left of the crusty bits, throw them in the hot tub, and voila. Ra's lives. He's grateful to master Bruce for completing the knife curse and now he gets to boink Barbara.

Then it's on to Pyg and whatever Riddler and Grundy get up to.

Sir Doom

The casting is great
Ra's casting is better than Arrows. It even has the animated hair style lol. I doubt he's dead. He wanted Bruce to kill him. Sure
I really didn't like Riddler back already but the pairing with Grundy sold me.
Butch looks great as Solomon who would have thought.

Lee lol

It's pretty funny to see the dynamic flipped and have Bruce wanting to give up and thinking it's too dangerous to be Batman, while Alfred is the one pushing him to keep going.

The thing about Gotham I’ve come to embrace and appreciate is that it is clearly and forever doing it’s own thing. It’s not interested in cannon and establishing a timeline even remotely similar to that of the comics and because of this, character arcs are entirely different in this show’s universe, which is why I’ve come to enjoy it so much.

You just never know quite what to expect.

That’s said, Ra’s an ancient mystic so who’s to say he’s not coming back?

Metal B

Ra's Al Ghul isn't dead. For me it's clear, that he wanted to create doubt in Bruce to make him more suggestible to follow his part. On one hand is working, but on another Alfred is trying to support him. For Alfred, Bruce is not only gifted but fighting crime makes him keep it together and not doing it would not only make him miserable, but also fall for the "dark side". That#s why he wants him to continue.

jwillenn

I hate it, but I'm just waiting the year out for it all to hit Netflix...

I've been loving the series. I was thinking after I finished Season 3 a few weeks ago that they should just go full on Batman with it (the Live Action version of the old Fox Animated Series), but keep the title as is.

Grizzlyjin

So they realized Maggie was a bad choice, and just started over with Peyton List (the brunette older one... common name evidently) ? Curiouser and curiouser...

Yeah, that would be my guess as well. Seems like they're kinda scrambling for what to do with the character. They didn't really do much with her aside from the Ivy Ex Machina saving Penguin last season.

Last episode was fun. I hated Season 3 but they've started winning me back this year. I hope that Head Hunter isn't dead. He's no Victor, but he was still funny.

iorek21

Sorry for the bump, but man....

Cameron Monaghan is rapidly turning into my favorite impersonation of Joker of all time

Top Bottom