• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 3 beta open to everyone with Battle.net account [Up: Possibly closed again]

Salih

It could be nothing, though.

I tried to login with a friend's account that actually has the beta and I also got an error message.

It seems like they pressed 'the red button' and shut down all servers. When the servers are back up i am pretty sure that non-beta players won't be able to login anymore.

Ryan_

Now I get "Player disconnected" on both my friend's beta account and my beta-less account...

What does this mean Blizzard! What are you doing?

EDIT: Damn it, red button theory sounds as right as it is sad

Salih

i say cancel it. no way you will be able to login as a non-beta user after the servers are back up.

someone should also edit the thread title.

i say cancel it. no way you will be able to login as a non-beta user after the servers are back up.

yeah, the hole is definitely being plugged. thread title should be changed, it's misleading right now.

Ryan_

I agree, people who just woke up or got home will get way too excited about nothing at this point.

Well, things such as Open Betas do exist. And the game is releasing in like 2 weeks. Seems entirely plausible.

Aesthet1c

Sucks they fixed this already. At least I got to play for like 45 min. Such an amazing game.

Still crossing my fingers I'll have access when the servers come back up.

Zafir

For anyone else does it list the Diablo 3 beta in their battle.net account management page? Or did I actually get invited but missed the email?

Could I download it anyways and just use this as the preload for my retail copy?

I assume they will just patch the beta when the time comes.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
For anyone else does it list the Diablo 3 beta in their battle.net account management page? Or did I actually get invited but missed the email?

The only mention of Diablo III I see is a link telling me to pre-purchase it.

chris-013

As many of you already know, Blizzard announced the end of beta testing (May 1st) (announcement below).

Blizzard is also working on a shareware version of the game: Diablo 3 - Starter Edition.
This version is available to everyone for free but has certain limitations.

The good news is that this shareware version is available to play NOW for everyone! You must first create a battletag (via battle.net). If your account isn't flagged for beta access, you will automatically log in as the starter edition. You can only play with people with starter edition.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=330262

The_Monk

Error 3003 for me.

Strange, I downloaded this so fast, then created my account but all I got so far is Error 3003, anyone got this one?

Top Bottom