• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Single-Player DLC for Tomb Raider.

TrutaS

They won't sell any DLC this way, but as an anti-dlc advocate I'm happy with this. I would only buy a Croft mansion DLC but they would never do that.

Acheteedo

Damn it, was hoping for some DLC... that would drive me to 100% the campaign so I'd have something to use the fully levelled up weapons on. Guess I'm done with the game.

Slygmous

So basically what they're saying is.... they didn't chop anything out to sell later? Respect.

DLC is cool when you know they made it well after the game though

Haunted

Totally fine with that.

Wish they would start making another game instead of doing MP DLC for this one, but eh.

Maybe it's because I didn't finish the game with a feeling of satisfaction and more like, "That was it?"

I really wanted some actual tombs.

Tomb Raider isn't exactly the type of game that has a lot of replay value. Once you are done 100%, you have seen everything the game has to offer. You won't discover new things on repeated playthroughs.

And the way the game is set up, relying heavily on set pieces that only wow you the first time you see them, I just don't see me replaying that game. I loved loved the experience on my first time through the game but I don't really have an itch to go back.

hmmm, I know where you are coming from, but personally I still replay linear games, I find it cool to relive the adventure again when I want to.

Heck I replayed the first Uncharted 3 times or something.

There is one game every 2-3 years I will EVER want to replay. Even then I likely won't want to replay it for 5-10 years so I'm not going to keep a copy wasting space/money.

Personally I hate giving away my games, I like to have the collections, alot of times I replay all the previous games before the new one.

I don't feel it is a wasted space/money, I got my PSOne games to this day, same wit the PS2, used to have my entire NES games but couldn't get to play them again though I wanted to.

I am by no means a collector, you won't find figures, comics, posters, ...........etc in my room, but I like to keep my games, cause I know for sure one day I will go back to playing them.

What's with all the negative responses here? This is a GOOD thing. You don't have to pay extra to see the whole story. This kinda stuff fuck's me off with games like Assassin's Creed and Mass Effect.

JZY5YPX.gif

I was hoping for Croft Manner DLC...ah well.
**will buy the multiplayer DLC**

Lima

What's with all the negative responses here? This is a GOOD thing. You don't have to pay extra to see the whole story. This kinda stuff fuck's me off with games like Assassin's Creed and Mass Effect.

No it is not. I liked the singleplayer and they don't give me more singleplayer content. I now have to wait 2-3 years for the next game. This is not a good thing.

At least they'll support multiplayer... hopefully they'll patch it and tweak it like crazy. Cause it's just "eh" now. It's fun for what it is but I wouldn't recommend it.

Hopefully they'll add a proper
beach
stage to multiplayer. The one we have now sucks... there's no
beach
in sight... just the sound of it. Wish it would've looked more like the area when they try to
repair the rescue boat with Reyes and the crew

Any word on when that first patch is coming?

And of course Xbox is getting the first dlc map packs. Looks like they saved the most interesting maps for DLC.

oVerde

Banned
And then if it had single player DLC people would argue about how they chopped it off from the main game experience since the beginning.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Uncharted 2 multiplayer was probably my favorite MP experience ever. And I just don't understand how one can find it terrible.

Played after 1.05, but never played 1.00-1.04 U2? Then you don't know why some of us find it terrible.

If so, well... you're oblivious, no offense.

More elaborate puzzle tombs for single player were a no brainer for DLC -- and honestly fit my idea of what DLC for a game should be (additional challenges for those that enjoyed the game play).

What a real missed opportunity.

On the plus side, can delete the game from my HDD now though (I already found 100% in the single player story).

katkombat

Banned
I won't even regret selling this now. It was a great game, but, come on, no SP DLC? The DLC was announced BEFORE the Multiplayer iirc and that's just pathetic. Predictable, sure, but pathetic.

I felt like the game would benefit from a survival wave or challenge mode. Seems like a missed oppurtunity.
The combat is pretty solid and the engine is fantastic, put it to use!

Mithos

And then if it had single player DLC people would argue about how they chopped it off from the main game experience since the beginning.

That kinda depends on the DLC, the extra tomb special edition buyers got is absolutely something the chopped off from the game so they could "sell" it to people buy having the special edition.
Why? Because I can see the entrance in my non special edition, just that it is blocked by a cave in.

Now adding 10-20 other tomb locations totally altering the locations by opening up new tunnels or caves where there are no indication of them in current versions... I'd be ok with that. And since they are caves under or outside what you can see they can be as easy as the one we already have or way more complex in solution.

Omni

Is the multiplayer population of this game even great? I struggled to find a full game at release. Didn't bother to try again afterwards.

But surely they'd get more sales with singleplayer DLC.

Sullichin

How is the multiplayer in this game? Doesn't really sound great from this thread but calling it trash doesn't really explain why. I'll pick it up on PC eventually. I'm not buying it for that but I wouldn't mind a decent clone of Uncharted MP. Although I'm kind of expecting it to be dead on PC like Max Payne 3 was when I got that.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck! Loved this game. Didn't like none of the classic tomb raiders on PS1/PS2, the demos of the 360 TR games have before, nor the demos of Uncharted 1 & 2 on PS3. With all due respect to Uncharted, I'm not one for lots of shootouts with wave after wave of enemies. Sometimes you can't even clear-out an area because the re-spawn, and you just have to push forward. I'm also not a fan of quick time events...

But for whatever reason TR seemed to balance-out the qte's and the shootouts so that I was able to keep progressing rather than put the game down forever. A damn shame there'll be no single player DLC. As someone who takes a hardline against most DLC, such as on disc/day one DLC; I had already decided to get any single player DLC if any was made as soon as it was released.

Now that I've finished the game in about 3 nights on a rental... I guess I'll get it for cheap during a Steam Sale and await news on the sequel in a couple of years time. *sad face*

You didn't like Uncharted but like Tomb Raider? They're practically the same game.

Derrick01

Banned
i thought GAF would like that.

Yeah I'm a little confused. I know better than to think Gaf has a hivemind but to anyone who has browsed this forum long enough, you see a seemingly damn near universal hatred of DLC. And now you see a thread like this where almost everyone wants DLC (this isn't the first time either).

All I gotta ask is where are you people in those other threads? The pro-dlc people need more backup.

Top Bottom