• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beyond Good & Evil 2: New Concept Arts and in-engine scenes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empty

on being knighted said:
GC: We imagine that must've been a great moment for you?

MA: I hummed the Zelda theme when I got it. Da-da-duh-da!

<3

also quoting the bit relevant to bg&e2
Mainly the reason that we just talked about, the fact that you… we've already worked on the game and it's really big cities and freedom. I really want to make a game where you have this feeling that the investigation is your investigation and depending on the different direction you want to take in your investigation you're going to lead a different story.

It's not like choosing between stories, it's really working on an organic system that allows you to collect informations, that allows you to understand the investigation freely and take a risk if you want or not and this kind of game you know…

story stuff sounds interesting. a non linear photography mission progression could be amazing.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
Yep, he clearly states that he needs a powerful console for the game. So Xbox Ten, from what we know.
Sigh. Ancel. Ancel, you beautiful man. You are a genius. But you are a dunderhead.

Making Beyond Good & Evil II so tech-heavy and (presumably) high-budget is going to be the death of the game. I wish you were keeping the stylized look of the original. I wish you were keeping it small project so that even modest sales would bring in a good amount of money. But, it's your game and I'm not one to bark orders. So whatever you have planned for it, just.. no cliffhangers. There's no third chance for this.

Sigh. Ancel. Ancel, you beautiful man. You are a genius. But you are a dunderhead.

Making Beyond Good & Evil II so tech-heavy and (presumably) high-budget is going to be the death of the game. I wish you were keeping the stylized look of the original. I wish you were keeping it small project so that even modest sales would bring in a good amount of money. But, it's your game and I'm not one to bark orders. So whatever you have planned for it, just.. no cliffhangers. There's no third chance for this.

Read the article. The tech he's building should avoid the bolded, if all goes to plan. He specifically says budget won't be an issue if the tech is correct.

[Nintex]

Nah, he wants to make this without constraints. If he would develop it for the 360/PS3 he'd waste a lot of time trying to find away to get around the RAM limitations or thinking up AI patterns that the systems are able to handle. If he has more powerful hardware, he doesn't have to worry about limitations. He wouldn't have to cut a level because a console can't handle it and he wouldn't have to pre-render stuff because the GPU is unable to display what he wants it to. In fact, this is why we need next gen. Imagine if the top tier game creators in the industry could work with like little to no limitations. More high poly meshes, more tesselation, more particles, better lighting effects, better textures, better AI etc. .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom