• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

Donos

Powered through story and finally have my DH at 70 (33 paragon). Can run T1 bounties and GR10 fine although my gear is not that good (still don't own 2 pieces of a set) and therefor don't use any build. Rapidfire is my main damage skill. Having fun so far again. Still best loot game for me.

I really wonder if they nerfed the Nemesis spawn in the last patch / on PS4? On the PS3 i encountered this fucker rather often while on PS4 i haven't encountered him at all.

And lol how many Plans/designs for the smith drop from caches. Wasn't like this on PS3 at all. The Kanai cube is interesteing although i only made one power so far.

Really worth the 30 €.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Finally got a flying dragon through the cube and it was a ancient then i added to my cube anyway for this build it still needs some work to get ancient gear and better rolls but holy hell this is fun Uliana is great but this? it is pretty insane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDJMjrIFsbU

http://www.diablofans.com/builds/59727-holy-hermits-shenlongs-build-gr-57

Maybe with some work it can go higher then greater rift 57 but damn i really like this one.

All thanks to me, the Purveyor of Luck! (too bad I can't self-purvey it)

Speaking of GRs, what are you guys doing over on the American server?
Here are the current solo leaderboards on NA:
- Solo Barbarian: 70
- Solo Crusader: 65
- Solo Demon Hunter: 67
- Solo Monk: 69
- Solo Witch Doctor: 70
- Solo Wizard: 63

Meanwhile, on EU...
- Solo Barbarian: 72
- Solo Crusader: 66
- Solo Demon Hunter: 68
- Solo Monk: 71
- Solo Witch Doctor: 71
- Solo Wizard: 70

I mean look at that! I was told wizards were shitty, yet here we are, lvl 70, 7 GRs ahead of your wizards, almost neck and neck with barbs and WDs. Although to be fair, 4-man leaderboards are nothing but barbs, monks and the occasional WD.

What gives? Has the game become much more popular in EU than in NA or something? I'd love to hear some stats about regional distribution.

Haroon

I picked this game up again because of the new season. Anyone here playing a Wizzzard, and recommend a build that's faster than the Archon, and elemental build to clear T6 faster? Sorry, I don't know the technical names of them. And on a side note. Anyone want to team up to clear some rifts in like forty minutes (US-EAST)?

Nokterian

Meanwhile, on EU...

I mean look at that! I was told wizards were shitty, yet here we are, lvl 70, 7 GRs ahead of your wizards, almost neck and neck with barbs and WDs. Although to be fair, 4-man leaderboards are nothing but barbs, monks and the occasional WD.

What gives? Has the game become much more popular in EU than in NA or something? I'd love to hear some stats about regional distribution.

You do know Diablo 3 was announced in Paris in 2008 right? Diablo is huge in europe same thing SC2 was announced in south korea since it is big there.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
I picked this game up again because of the new season. Anyone here playing a Wizzzard, and recommend a build that's faster than the Archon, and elemental build to clear T6 faster? Sorry, I don't know the technical names of them. And on a side note. Anyone want to team up to clear some rifts in like forty minutes (US-EAST)?

Hm, I can't think of any, no, but you might have more luck here: http://www.diablofans.com/builds?fi...spell-2=-1&filter-build-tag=1&filter-class=32
Vyr (Archon) and Delrasha (elemental + slow time build) are currently the most efficient builds by far.

Why T6 specifically though?

You do know Diablo 3 was announced in Paris in 2008 right? Diablo is huge in europe same thing SC2 was announced in south korea since it is big there.

I... didn't, actually. Huh, the more you know. It's weird cause I'm French, too.

Nokterian

Hm, I can't think of any, no, but you might have more luck here: http://www.diablofans.com/builds?fi...spell-2=-1&filter-build-tag=1&filter-class=32
Vyr (Archon) and Delrasha (elemental + slow time build) are currently the most efficient builds by far.

Why T6 specifically though?

I... didn't, actually. Huh, the more you know. It's weird cause I'm French, too.

I was there and it was very awesome to meet people from blizzard and fans from all games but back then diablo 3 was announced. Still have my Tyrael pet in WoW from WWI 2008.

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Worldwide_Invitational_2008

https://youtu.be/-ogXqCNkyHE?t=1m6s

This was beyond epic with the music from tristram coming on stage.

Ok seeing this back..look how far we have come with Reaper of Souls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUZe_abuFBM

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Alright, thanks. T6 so that I can farm more efficiently.

As soon as you can faceroll T6 switch to T7. You'll get 4 mats per bounty instead of 3, and 90% chance of a death breath on elites.

Also, if you have sage's recipe, craft it and get the 3-piece bonus: 1 more death breath per death breath drop.

Meanwhile, on EU...

Well EU seems to be better than NA at every single Blizzard game...

Zornack

Those are Normal NA vs. Seasonal EU. The Seasonal NA numbers area:

- Solo Barbarian: 73
- Solo Demon Hunter: 66
- Solo Monk: 72
- Solo Wizard: 68

Armaros

That NA wizard number was obviously non-seasons.

Vyr basiclly requires the seasonal belt to compete, else that window between the old stacks dropping and new stacks stacking up is too dangerous.

Also because Alkaizer recently did both 71 and 73 rifts for barbs.

Addnan

I missed DH this season, made one last night for the shits. Geared her up in about 3 hours and did a GR55. 60 should be easy once I actually have something that can be considered half decent.

Addnan

Another 2 month to go, they have already done a 68. More paragons, more gem levels and a rift with less elites than the one wudijo cleared a 70 will go down.

I wonder if Demon Hunters can also break 70.

There's a 70 chinese DH, but hard to tell if it's legit or hellfire bug, pretty sure they still haven't fixed that. Saw a 68clear and tbh there was a lot of room to get faster, especially since he was using esoterics instead of trapped, and he was only paragon 1000something, when it's very likely by the end of the season people will be 3000-4000 if they keep farming GRs with xp leeches I'd say.

So yeah interestingly, DH caught up with WD for the most part. Though arguably one of the main issues WD have atm is helltooth being shit on very large density due to lag, while I know carnevil kinda scales better, I think the massive aoe of helltooth could potentially scale better eventually when you're fishing for rifts at high enough density. Carnevil aoe is pretty crappy in comparison.

I kinda feel like I'm done for the moment since I finished the seasonal journey a couple weeks ago. My DH could use some work, but my barb is close to maxed out. I think I sunk nearly 100 hours or more into the season. Anything else is just inching along to min/max at the extreme.

There's some stuff I could do, like finding a perfect hellfire amulet, but that's extremely grindy in a way that's not super fun. I might hop on here and there just to slay some demons, but yeah, I tend to burn out within a month on these seasons. I mean, I made it to a higher paragon than I had non-season.

eek5

Finally cleared a 60 with the monk last night. It was my first time cutting a successful rift closely as well (finished with just a second left). Just a note for anyone running gen monk and pushing... that LoH on one of the fists (only one of them can roll it) is a HUGE deal. I tried to clear without it and it was really hard to stay alive. I finally had to give in and switch to lower DPS fists so I could get LoH/CDR combo and the sustain allowed me to stay alive in some of the nastiest stuff even with epiphany down. I'm actually kind of curious if you can get LoH on your bracers/helm and go double CDR on fists and and be OK although you'd be losing a ton of vit. I'd maybe consider dropping the elemental bonus from bracers since you have 20 on gloves and chest for LoH but I need to check the bracer rolls. On helm you'd be losing 900-1000 vit so IDK if that'd be worth it although you could drop the crit% too if you have enough which is probably unlikely since you want CDR/CD rings at the very least.

Kind of curious now if I can clear a 61-62. Need to add DPS (probably w/ inner sanctuary) but that'd mean dropping dashing strike so IDK. With the sustain from LoH it seems more manageable at least.

Zuni gets 46% damage reduction from fetishes though? Or do the fetish from sycophants or belt not count for the set bonus? Not sure how it works tbh, if it doesn't count it's only 16% so that's not great I guess. Most sets get damage reduction anyway, at least the modern ones.
I'm actually not sure on the specifics but it doesn't seem to make as big of a difference as you would expect so maybe it is just the default 5 fetishes from you army. Once you get higher up they start dying too so it isn't 100% reliable.

So yeah interestingly, DH caught up with WD for the most part. Though arguably one of the main issues WD have atm is helltooth being shit on very large density due to lag, while I know carnevil kinda scales better, I think the massive aoe of helltooth could potentially scale better eventually when you're fishing for rifts at high enough density. Carnevil aoe is pretty crappy in comparison.

I hear a lot about how Carni has a higher ceiling/potential but after playing both I'm not really sure. I'm still missing some AS to go into the higher breakpoints which would mean even more DPS (and more glass cannon) so I wouldn't be surprised to see one pop up in the 70's because the DPS is certainly there but it seems like you'd be fishing for a 1 in a 1000 (or more) GR layout to get it done. HT w/ Henri's mojo has a much easier job grouping up enemies which increases the amount of available layouts/spawns for clearing a 70 but the lag will obviously be a huge problem.

I don't think Carni AOE is that bad especially when you stack 70-110% area damage but it is a LOT more dependent on positioning and you have to be active to apply it whereas with HT zombie bears, you'd just get into the middle of a pull with your toughness getting buffed even more by swampland and just ride it out DPSing everything. The firewalls means you can deal dmg while running away too.

Overall HT has an easier time pulling and is way tankier so I could potentially see a Carni top the leaderboard but they'll never dominate it due to how much luck/skill is involved in putting together a run above GR65

Anyone want to get a group together for the 2 minute Torment X rift clear achievement? It's the only one I'm missing to complete all the season journeys.

Pretty sure this is impossible :\

Dreavus

Is Band of rue chambers and/or Heaven's Breath (with spirit generating rune) the only ways to get more spirit from attacks while Shenlong's buff is active? The buff deactivates passive regen which includes any increases to that (like Epiphany or Air Allies) and it's throwing me for a loop.

I'm running a Shenlong's build that uses Raiment 2pc (of course!) and also 2pc Innas with crudest boots for x4 on the passive of fire ally to add +40% to my damage. However, with unity in my cube and mystic ally on my skill bar I am out of room for Breath of Heaven (Dashing Strike, Mantra, Epiphany, Crippling Wave, Cyclone strike are taking up my other 5 slots). I find I can keep my spirit pretty steady and maxed out on something like a rift guardian if my (cubed) flying dragon goes off, but if I have to dodge for a second or two I can't make gains in my Spirit while Shenlong's is draining it... I can only keep it at about neutral, even with super fast attack speed from FD.

Do you guys think I'm better off ditching the allies and finding stand alone legendaries to replace Inna's pieces and using Breath of Heaven to upkeep my spirit a bit more leniently? The Fire Ally damage boost seems very strong but I'm not sure if having slightly more consistent Shenlong's outclasses it or not.

Dahbomb

Is Band of rue chambers and/or Heaven's Breath (with spirit generating rune) the only ways to get more spirit from attacks while Shenlong's buff is active? The buff deactivates passive regen which includes any increases to that (like Epiphany or Air Allies) and it's throwing me for a loop.

I'm running a Shenlong's build that uses Raiment 2pc (of course!) and also 2pc Innas with crudest boots for x4 on the passive of fire ally to add +40% to my damage. However, with unity in my cube and mystic ally on my skill bar I am out of room for Breath of Heaven (Dashing Strike, Mantra, Epiphany, Crippling Wave, Cyclone strike are taking up my other 5 slots). I find I can keep my spirit pretty steady and maxed out on something like a rift guardian if my (cubed) flying dragon goes off, but if I have to dodge for a second or two I can't make gains in my Spirit while Shenlong's is draining it... I can only keep it at about neutral, even with super fast attack speed from FD.

Do you guys think I'm better off ditching the allies and finding stand alone legendaries to replace Inna's pieces and using Breath of Heaven to upkeep my spirit a bit more leniently? The Fire Ally damage boost seems very strong but I'm not sure if having slightly more consistent Shenlong's outclasses it or not.
Breath of Heaven Infused with Light is essential for that Shenlong build. The multiplier damage bonus of Shenlong is far superior to the additive damage bonus of Fire Ally.

ZenaxPure

Breath of Heaven Infused with Light is essential for that Shenlong build. The multiplier damage bonus of Shenlong is far superior to the additive damage bonus of Fire Ally.

Yeah, it's what makes the build work really. With FD procced if you aren't spending any spirit you can generate more than shenlong is eating away with BoH.

It's the same concept as the S1 SWK build where BoH gave you nearly infinite spirit so you could spam mantra/sweeping wind multiple times per second.

Must. Try. To. Complete. For. The. Portrait!

For what it's worth you don't need the 2 minute TX rift for the portrait, the one for the final seasonal journey chapter is 3 minutes which is much more manageable. The 2 minute one is the conquest.

mercviper

Finally cleared a 60 with the monk last night. It was my first time cutting a successful rift closely as well (finished with just a second left). Just a note for anyone running gen monk and pushing... that LoH on one of the fists (only one of them can roll it) is a HUGE deal. I tried to clear without it and it was really hard to stay alive. I finally had to give in and switch to lower DPS fists so I could get LoH/CDR combo and the sustain allowed me to stay alive in some of the nastiest stuff even with epiphany down. I'm actually kind of curious if you can get LoH on your bracers/helm and go double CDR on fists and and be OK although you'd be losing a ton of vit. I'd maybe consider dropping the elemental bonus from bracers since you have 20 on gloves and chest for LoH but I need to check the bracer rolls. On helm you'd be losing 900-1000 vit so IDK if that'd be worth it although you could drop the crit% too if you have enough which is probably unlikely since you want CDR/CD rings at the very least.

Kind of curious now if I can clear a 61-62. Need to add DPS (probably w/ inner sanctuary) but that'd mean dropping dashing strike so IDK. With the sustain from LoH it seems more manageable at least.

Did 62 last night with http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/MercViper-1232/hero/66276273

My shenlongs actually don't have LoH on them so I'm making up for it with LoH on bracers and the secondary of simplicity. I would rather use stricken but the sustain is too important.

I'm still undecided if I like DAshing Strike more or Inner Sanctuary. IS, I feel takes too long to cast for 30% additive dmg, since you lose out on buff time, spirit regen and health regen while casting it. DS provides mobility and avoidance for protection and you can run Radiance for 15% multiplicative dmg boost that also increases spirit/health generation and helps oroc FD. Also, for the melee-phobic bosses you no longer have the issue where they just run out of your circle.

Yea I'm on NA. ButtButt#1543 is my battletag.

Must. Try. To. Complete. For. The. Portrait!
I'll look for you when I'm on tonight. Usually around 7 cst

Dahbomb

I ran that build with Inner Sanctuary and it was WAY too awkward for me. There were many times I got surrounded by mobs despite trying to studder step for positioning and then I died from there. Dashing Strike all the way even if it might not be "efficient" in the long run.

Dashing Strike by itself is like 50% damage mitigation when you think about it... maybe even more. You get to avoid so much stuff thanks to it.

eek5

Did 62 last night with http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/MercViper-1232/hero/66276273

My shenlongs actually don't have LoH on them so I'm making up for it with LoH on bracers and the secondary of simplicity. I would rather use stricken but the sustain is too important.

I'm still undecided if I like DAshing Strike more or Inner Sanctuary. IS, I feel takes too long to cast for 30% additive dmg, since you lose out on buff time, spirit regen and health regen while casting it. DS provides mobility and avoidance for protection and you can run Radiance for 15% multiplicative dmg boost that also increases spirit/health generation and helps oroc FD. Also, for the melee-phobic bosses you no longer have the issue where they just run out of your circle.

Nice!

Honestly I can't play without DS so it's tough for me but my DPS just isn't there to push past 60 unless I get a god rift or something. I'm actually surprised you haven't dropped DS because I feel like it'd be a bit more manageable if you have 100% epiphany uptime which I don't have. So I get stuck a lot when I'm on cooldown but you could still do ghetto dashes to move around.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/eek-1673/hero/66287059

I guess I can drop NDE for Alacrity which I'm not using for some reason. After I rolled LoH I didn't really proc it that much but that might change in 61+. I'm guessing crippling wave is proccing your Parthan? I might give that a try but seems like I'm just trading damage for defense and ending up in the same spot lol

Dahbomb

Crippling Wave isn't proccing APD, it's Cyclone Strike Wall of Wind. Crippling Wave is using Mangle which is the highest DPS rune for generator build (allegedly).

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Ipsu3Td.jpg

eek5

Crippling Wave isn't proccing APD, it's Cyclone Strike Wall of Wind. Crippling Wave is using Mangle which is the highest DPS rune for generator build (allegedly).

Huh interesting. I figured the "daze" would count as a stun but I guess not. The only rune I could see that could maybe compete is tsunami which gives you better AOE but that'd just help you clear trash faster (maybe?) but it's only third hit so I doubt it would even be comparable and you'd lose the cindercoat/magefist stuff.

MrDaravon

What time do you normally play? I can do it after 4PST probably if you're on the US servers

I might take you up on that at some point, I still need to get a HC character to 70 for the last Season Journey. The wife has been stealing the PS4 when she gets home so I've been getting on Diablo usually.

mercviper

I ran that build with Inner Sanctuary and it was WAY too awkward for me. There were many times I got surrounded by mobs despite trying to studder step for positioning and then I died from there. Dashing Strike all the way even if it might not be "efficient" in the long run.

Dashing Strike by itself is like 50% damage mitigation when you think about it... maybe even more. You get to avoid so much stuff thanks to it.

It IS really awkward which is why I don't like it. I learned how to use it because I didn't find unities until paragon 400. I don't think I got the full pair until para 500.

Nice!

Honestly I can't play without DS so it's tough for me but my DPS just isn't there to push past 60 unless I get a god rift or something. I'm actually surprised you haven't dropped DS because I feel like it'd be a bit more manageable if you have 100% epiphany uptime which I don't have. So I get stuck a lot when I'm on cooldown but you could still do ghetto dashes to move around.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/eek-1673/hero/66287059

I guess I can drop NDE for Alacrity which I'm not using for some reason. After I rolled LoH I didn't really proc it that much but that might change in 61+. I'm guessing crippling wave is proccing your Parthan? I might give that a try but seems like I'm just trading damage for defense and ending up in the same spot lol

To be honest DS is on because I did a TX right before and forgot to switch it back lol. (Out of riftkeys) As Dahbomb said its cyclone strike that procs APD.

I'll look more thoroughly when I get home since work blocks bnet, but your sheet is higher than mine by ~30% so you should have plenty of damage. It's probably just staying alive or skipping the right packs that is where you can improve most. Re: defense for the low 60s I think you really only need one "always on" DR in the form of epiphany or unity and the other can be replaced with Inner Sanctuary for the times needed.

Celegus

What time do you normally play? I can do it after 4PST probably if you're on the US servers

Can you finish mine sometime too? PM me when you're doing Daravon if I'm on, or Celegus#1599 through the client if I'm around. We got to level 40 or 50 before you had to take off.

Virtual ticket stuff doesn't look that great to me. I had considered doing it more just to actually watch the thing, but I just realized I'll be out of town that week. Watched a ton of the Heroes tournament this weekend, so kind of a bummer I'll miss the grand finals at Blizzcon.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I don't know how we played Monks without the currenct Dashing Strike back in the day.

Dark times.

fingers crossed we'll look back at aether walker/teleport in the same way in 2.4

[edit] does the number of times you have changed a set item in kanai's cube have any effect on the item it changes into? i have changed this item about seven times now and have only ever gotten the chest armour, gloves, and focus.

Dreavus

Thanks, I'll swap it out.

I suppose just the doubling of my mantra's passive is fine until I get something good to replace those Inna's pieces with.

Is there an easy way to tell what kind of damage bonuses are additive and which are multiplicative? For example, which is it for the +% Fire damage on items (Magefist, etc)?

eek5

It IS really awkward which is why I don't like it. I learned how to use it because I didn't find unities until paragon 400. I don't think I got the full pair until para 500.

To be honest DS is on because I did a TX right before and forgot to switch it back lol. (Out of riftkeys) As Dahbomb said its cyclone strike that procs APD.

I'll look more thoroughly when I get home since work blocks bnet, but your sheet is higher than mine by ~30% so you should have plenty of damage. It's probably just staying alive or skipping the right packs that is where you can improve most. Re: defense for the low 60s I think you really only need one "always on" DR in the form of epiphany or unity and the other can be replaced with Inner Sanctuary for the times needed.
Yeah I'm still trying to figure out how to pull and what to skip in GRs. Never really ran solo GRs before this season. Sometimes I get fixated on killing packs when I should probably just try to continue or at least pull more stuff in. How much fishing are you doing at 62?

Top Bottom