• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT| Japanese Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Verstappen playing too many video games in the off season, botching the apex at turn 12 like every damn person and giving the Red Bull pit wall a heart attack. Car looked extremely stable mowing down the grass, admittedly!

DBT85

C7qOTdMU8AA2X-P.jpg:large

Proper fucked.

Mohonky

Man the Honda jibes...

McLaren pit wall to Vandoorne - there are rocks on track corner 12

Commentary - with that Honda engine, he'll have plenty of time to spot them

John_B

The cars looked super easy to drive in P1. Not so much in P2.

Red Bull is not quite on pace unless they are heavily sandbagging.

It's hard to tell the gap between Mercedes and Ferrari. It depends on which Hamilton has shown up for this weekend. The Hamilton of the end of last season must be worth a couple of tenths.

jey_16

Banned
Will this be a repeat of the last few seasons?

Should we just get off the hype train?

Yep, the Ferrari hype was ridiculous. People expecting them to close such a large margin were dreaming

It's actually going to be worse this year because atleast there was Rosberg to challenge Hamilton in previous seasons

Pryce

If the Merc is that far ahead of Ferrari then Hamilton may win 15 races this year, or more. I don't think there's any chance Bottas is a better driver than Rosberg, so.

DBT85

Man the Honda jibes...

McLaren pit wall to Vandoorne - there are rocks on track corner 12

Commentary - with that Honda engine, he'll have plenty of time to spot them

dead.gif

We really need an f1 dead reaction gif.

If the Merc is that far ahead of Ferrari then Hamilton may win 15 races this year, or more. I don't think there's any chance Bottas is a better driver than Rosberg, so.

It'll be interesting to see. I think Bottas has more balls than Rosberg, but might not be as good with the speed. But a direct comparison will be difficult becuase its his first few races with the team.

Ark

Oh my god is it good to have cars back on track! With the glaring exception of the T-Wing, the cars look so good this year.

I guess Ferrari are sandbagging through practice really hard ;D

Mohonky

What happened to Ferrari being favourites ? ...

Its about the race pace and the past few years the race pace of the Ferraris has been pretty good even if the single lap has been unremarkable, on top of which the Merc seems to lose a huge amount of speed anytime its following someone.

So if Ferrari get a good launch, its plausible it could hassle the Mercs.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
The 4K looks amazing. It's also 60fps which probably makes a bigger difference, though.

nekkid

That Sauber looks awful. The livery matches your nan's best china.

nekkid

Didn't know it was 4k60. Balls. I really need to blag them into giving me it for as little as possible. lol.

Onboards are 1080/60. The slow motion replays are boner-inducing.

You can't record it, though, as it's on the red button. Unless I'm missing something.

Lach

Wow even through an internet stream, the image looks a lot clearer.
Caught the last 30 minutes of FP2. Hyped!

Can't wait for quali/race. Even though won't get enough sleep.

Does anyone know if they've adjusted the lap count for the race to make up for the quicker lap times? Race would be 10-15 minutes shorter if I can count correctly.

[edit] I'm an idiot. 4s x58 is <4 minutes

John_B

Bottas looked a little all over the place. Still he needs a bit of time before anything can be said about his performance. Also Hamilton at his best is near impossible to match.

Is Mercedes going to do another Hamilton driving guide and give it to Bottas?

xrnzaaas

Man Hulkenberg is going to destroy Palmer this year.

Also looks like an easy championship for Lewis. ;)

FERRARI
Race drivers: Sebastian Vettel and Bwoah!
Third driver: Bwoah!
Engines: Bwoah!
Team Principle: Bwoah?

Shouldn't it be moafh and bwoah?

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Looks like now we know the reason why Mercedes did so much testing on Ultra Soft compound - probably fine tuning the car setup for that compound

Also I do not think that suspension change will hurt them

Upinsmoke

Someone needs to remind Ferrari to remove those sandbags before qualy.

Only half a second slower and still sandbagging, that's great going. I mean I'd settle for half a second slower in qualifying against the manufacturer that has been consistently the fastest over the last few years with the fastest driver over the last few years.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
MCLAREN-HONDA
Race drivers: Fernando Alonso and Stoffel Vandoorne
Third driver: Jenson Button
Chief Strategist: Wax Free Vanilla
Engines: F2 Leftovers
Fuel: The tears of Spain
Trivia: McLaren-Honda about to have a higher unemployment rate than the youth of Spain.

lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom