• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anna Diop Cast As Starfire In Teen Titans Series

Penguin

anna-diop-starfire.jpg

24: Legacy alumna Anna Diop has landed one of the leads, the series regular role of Starfire, in the new live-action series Titans, from Greg Berlanti, Akiva Goldsman, Geoff Johns, Sarah Schechter and Warner Bros TV. She joins Australian newcomer Teagan Croft, who was cast as another lead, Raven, in the series, slated to premiere in 2018 as part of the inaugural slate of a new DC-branded direct-to-consumer digital service.

http://deadline.com/2017/08/titans-...-action-series-dc-digital-service-1202155063/

Penguin

Ah it's called Titans, was wondering why they didn't get someone younger.

Seems to kind of following the recent thing with Starfire/Nightwing being older/more seasoned heroes and then like Garth/Raven/Cyborg being slightly younger. Raven's an actual teenaged actress

snap

Banned
i asked this in a previous thread about their raven cast, but i guess it applies here too:

facepaint
cg
or the inhumass approach

Hex

Banned
Bunch of asshats in here trying to stir shit where there is none.
Seems like a good choice, can't wait for the pilot

i asked this in a previous thread about their raven cast, but i guess it applies here too:

facepaint
cg
or the inhumass approach
Probably a little of both body paint and CGI.
An Asian Nightwing would make me so happy. Just having an Asian Male and Black Female be the "leaders" of a such a big movie property would be awesome.

Or a Romani Dick Grayson, which fans have been petitioning online for.

snap

Banned
Or a Romani Dick Grayson, which fans have been petitioning online for.

i mean if they're going with cop dick they might as well go all the way

context: back in the 00s when they made dick a cop in the comics, they reconfirmed in the canon that he was romani by having his romani grandfather move into the same apartment building as him, and then blowing up that apartment (filled with several recurring characters and almost everyone in bludhaven dick had any attachment to). blockbuster doesn't fuck around

Slayven

Starfire is a pretty dark character. Sold into sex slavery by her sister, she was later experimented on which gave her blasting powers(her people were already super strong and could fly)

jph139

Nice. Wonder if they'll give her the solid green eyes?

Wonder how good the effects will be - like, are they going balls-out with the powers, CW style, or trying something more grounded?

I can see it, sure. I wonder if they're going to simplify the design instead of covering her with orange make-up because that would be an insane process for a tv show. I hope we'll see the flowing fire hair. But looking at Medusa, maybe not...

And isn't the actress for Raven like 13? That's a huge age gap between the 2. I guess that kinda lines up with the current comics but I like the two of them as best friends. Oh well, I'm still okay with this casting. Can't wait to see Dick Grayson.

I'm always down for more diversity in comic adaptations.

Starfire is a pretty dark character. Sold into sex slavery by her sister, she was later experimented on which gave her blasting powers(her people were already super strong and could fly)

The blast powers aren't natural? Doesn't Blackfire have them though?

Slayven

I'm always down for more diversity in comic adaptations.

The blast powers aren't natural? Doesn't Blackfire have them though?

All Tamerians can absorb solar energy and use it to fly, except for Starfire's sister, which pretty much makes her handicap in her society and she is better as fuck. The aliens tested the limits of how much energy they could absorbed and forced fed Starfire and her sister both got energy blasts from it. Blackfire's more powerful because she was experimented on longer

I must say, as silly as it is, I'm quite attached to the way Starfire speaks in the cartoon. I hope they'll channel a little bit of that in the show.

Alienous

Hey, there's no need for that. Can't get through one casting without people pointing it out.

Anna Diop will do a great job.

Top Bottom