• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anna Diop Cast As Starfire In Teen Titans Series

How tall is she?
I always picture Starfire amazonian-esque!

She looks great for the part!

I don't think she is close to 6ft. Either way production crew can make her look taller, but I doubt that. How often are female lead/love interests taller than the male leads in live action TV shows and movies? I imagine she'll be about his height or slightly shorter.

I don't think she is close to 6ft. Either way production crew can make her look taller, but I doubt that. How often are female lead/love interests are taller than the male leads in live action TV shows and movies? I image she be about his height or sightly shorter.

The people they need to watch this in order to make it to a second season don't care if she's 6ft or tits the size of basketballs. They don't know who she is. So I wouldn't count on tv execs going out of their way for such things.

Ninjimbo

The casting doesn't really excite me. The whole idea of a live action Teen Titans series is kinda crap to me. I keep thinking the show is going to look and feel cheap as hell like all the other superhero tv shows made these days.

blakep267

Meh. She was one of the worst things about 24 legacy. Her and the MC. Super flat. Main characters brother should've been the lead

Trickster

Lol whats the budget on this thing its either gonna look amazing or abysmal. They gotta get Beast Boys transformations, Raven's powers, Starfire's fire effects that include hair. This thing is gonna be filled with dialogue or Nightwing is gonna have extended solo scenes.

This is my main worry.

Really think this could only work well as a movie due to the special effects that are needed. Especially for someone like Starfire. She'll basically need as much makeup and special effects as Gamora and Medusa combined if she's gonna actually look like the character.

So uh yeah, good luck with that DC.

Ross61

This is my main worry.

Really think this could only work well as a movie due to the special effects that are needed. Especially for someone like Starfire. She'll basically need as much makeup and special effects as Gamora and Medusa combined if she's gonna actually look like the character.

So uh yeah, good luck with that DC.
They aren't gonna get a dark skinned black women just to cover her skin.

Trickster

They aren't gonna get a dark skinned black women just to cover her skin.

4463018-6482050221-500px.jpg

Kinda skinny for my head cannon super thick Starfire, but her face is pretty spot on.

Now let's see them make her a regular looking human 99% of the time because of a shit budget.

jackdoe

Kinda skinny for my head cannon super thick Starfire, but her face is pretty spot on.

Now let's see them make her a regular looking human 99% of the time because of a shit budget.
She won't fly too often, but I can see them giving her an orange wig and green contact lenses at the very least. And a non skimpy purple costume if they edge closer to the CW or a purple jacket and jeans if they want to pull a Marvel Netflix.

Holy shit I am so excited. Not for the show, teen titans is garbage forever and always, but for the racist tantrum meltdowns sure to follow this. Expose thyself once more bigoted nerd culture!

Teen Titans.... garbage? wha?

Um.......... Zoe Saldana is not darkskinned😐

she's not white. but she is an actress and sometimes actors wear all kinds of silly get up whether they are black, white or otherwise. it all has to do with the budget. if there is a decent budget she will be orange, if not.....

Ross61

Teen Titans.... garbage? wha?

she's not white. but she is an actress and sometimes actors wear all kinds of silly get up whether they are black, white or otherwise. it all has to do with the budget. if there is a decent budget she will be orange, if not.....
I don't think we're considering all the nuances or context of this...

Opto

Banned
For the people complaining about her height, you know Elijah Wood isn't really hobbit sized, right? and Tom Cruise is a tiny man?

the producers feel she is the best actor for the role. I don't know, that's my hope. but we won't know how they will handle it until we see a picture or something. we don't know how comic accurate they are going for. either way I like the casting.

Kin5290

Horrible decision.

I'm talking about the idiotic decision to allow Akiva Goldsman anywhere near this movie, to be clear.

Are they going to Gamora her? Are they even going to keep Starfire's red-orange hair? That hair color might work in other media but not in live action (see Inhumans).

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Just have her stand on a milk crate and boom you got Tallfire. It works for Vin Diesal when he has to see eye to eye with The Rock.

HeatBoost

What is the most complex amount of makeup that has ever been applied to a character who appears regularly on a weekly TV series?

Kinda think it'll be lucky if they even give her green contacts

HeatBoost

zombies from TWD?

Do they have particular zombies that show up every week?

Also, if this show is just going to be "Titans" then is it going to go with mostly original characters like Cyborg Raven and Starfire or is it still going to be at least 50% the sidekick squad? I wonder if they will reference a "Teen Titans" period in flashbacks

Between this and the fact that the Starfire in Injustice 2 doesn't look like a white girl with orange skin, I'm starting to see a trend.

Missed opportunity.

Trump would have been a more fitting casting choice.

He has more time than ever and you dont even need to paint him orange.

Surely some people would get mad because of the gender change but i bet he would do a great job.

PixelatedBookake

Okay who has so much stake in Starfire that they'll actually get mad about this? This is similar to Iris West being black in The Flash, ir Gamora being played by Zoe Saldana (almost exactly like that) Like what, are they gonna say "In the cartoon she sounds white" like I'm struggling to find a reason.

Slayven

Okay who has so much stake in Starfire that they'll actually get mad about this? This is similar to Iris West being black in The Flash, ir Gamora being played by Zoe Saldana (almost exactly like that) Like what, are they gonna say "In the cartoon she sounds white" like I'm struggling to find a reason.

if reason stopped folks from bitching Messageboards would have died decades ago

Starfire isn't white anyway. Not really a race change when the original race was "Orange Alien lady."

Raven, on the other hand, needs to be the palest cute-short-skinny white lady they can possibly find.

kswiston

My guess is that they will give the actress an orange/red wig, but have her look like herself. When they can scrape together enough budget for an effects shot, they'll have her skin glow orange and her eyes go green or something. They might not even bother with the wig, and just save that for the effects shots too.

People are getting their hopes up if they expect a budget that is much higher than the CW superhero stuff.

snap

Banned
My guess is that they will give the actress an orange/red wig, but have her look like herself. When they can scrape together enough budget for an effects shot, they'll have her skin glow orange and her eyes go green or something. They might not even bother with the wig, and just save that for the effects shots too.

People are getting their hopes up if they expect a budget that is much higher than the CW superhero stuff.

that's a shame.

they shouldn't be using heroes that are so effects heavy if that's the case. the original young justice crew would've been perfect.

Top Bottom