• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF what GBA VC game should I buy (NA eShop)

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Okay GAF I got 8 bucks and change left in account to buy a GBA game on the Wii U eShop.

What I already own

Minish Cap
Both Metroids
Advance Wars 1
All 3 Castlevanias
Fire Emblem
M&L SSS
FFTA

Also I own the older games ported to GBA in their original form like SMB3 NES.

What say you GAF?

My god Final Fantasy Tactics Advance or Advance Wars 2.... But FFTA is straight up top five GBA material. FFTA stomps both Golden Sun and Advance Wars 2 in the areas they'd compete in.

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
Golden Sun
Mega Man Battle Network (any of them)
Advance Wars 2
Fire Emblem Sacred Stones
WarioWare

WarioWare for sure if you've never played it, that's the only game you're missing that I'd consider essential.

FFTA is fun too, but WW is one of my favorite games.

If you like Advance Wars, Fire Emblem is similar but adds some cool twists like persistent units that you level up. I'd get one of the newer ones if you're able though.

kbohs

I can recommend Wario Land 4 and Drill Dozer unconditionally; they are simply great games. If you enjoy F-Zero the GBA entries are pretty good although they are very similar to the SNES game, which I would recommend over the GBA games. F-Zero GP Legend has an interesting if not always great story mode which is kind of neat.

I can recommend Wario Land 4 and Drill Dozer unconditionally; they are simply great games. If you enjoy F-Zero the GBA entries are pretty good although they are very similar to the SNES game, which I would recommend over the GBA games. F-Zero GP Legend has an interesting if not always great story mode which is kind of neat.

I got F-Zero SNES for free with Club Nintendo, while it's a pretty good game for it's time it's quite barebones. GP Legend is a lot better with way more characters and the great story and challenge(zero test) modes that really break the monotony of doing the grand prix over and over in every difficulty

Wario Ware Twisted is the best game on GBA but they don't have it on VC

leroidys

MEGA MAN ZERO 3.

Playing that with the pro controller is a revelation.

Or Warioland 4. Legit one of the best platformers ever made.

b4mv

Banned
Megaman Battle Network 3 Blue.
My second most played game on my Wii U, clocking well over 100 hours.

For the love of God man,
Dont't play Golden Sun 2!

What?!

Golden Sun 1+2 are basically part 1+2 of a single game. And Golden Sun 2 opens up the world and increases the dungeon difficulty making it one of my favorite games of all time.

Golden Sun 3 on the other hand, you can definitely skip that one. The story is boring and so tiny in scope, and they made it a "Part 1 of 2", but they didn't make it good enough for them to ever make a Part 2, so it's even worse.

YBdisk

Don't just get the first Golden Sun though, you need them both for the full story.
The Battle Network games are also pretty good and you won't need to play the sequels.
Also Sacred Stones is a decent entry in the franchise.
Maybe Megaman Zero 1, 2, 3?

Hmmm, just buy everything. It's all good.

Ah only 8 bucks. Get the first Battle Network, Sacred Stones or a Kirby game.

etrain911

Warioware is rad as is Warioland 4.

But, they also have what is arguably the best Harvest Moon ever released: More Friends of Mineral Town.

Top Bottom