• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FAST RMX - The Nintendo Switch Game NO ONE is Talking About.

mocoworm

This looks great, it should be getting more press.

The mode where you need to change your racer to the correct colours to hit the gates, like guitar hero at 300mph sounds ace.

60fps, 1080p anti-gravity racer with local 4 player co-op and 8 player online.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxZA_iaX4rQ

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/fast-rmx-switch

”GAME DETAILS: Jump into the driver's seat of your anti-gravity vehicle and put your skills to the test in high octane competitions. Challenge your friends to local split-screen competition or take part in online races against players from all over the world.

Race anti-gravity vehicles in this lightning-fast arcade racer Player with anybody, anywhere you like Zoom through 30 tracks set in canyons, alpine peaks, futuristic cities and much more Master the art of boosting and phase switching to stay ahead of the competition.

Local splitscreen-multiplayer with up to 4 players Online multiplayers with up to 8 players Non-stop adrenaline pumping action at 60 frames per second in 1080p Unlock the HERO MODE to play with new rules and new challengers!"

Kanhir

I'm a massive Fast Racing Neo fan, so I ran for this at the Switch event while everyone was stampeding towards Zelda.

Just as fun as Neo, but much less jaggies and feels very smooth. Looking forward to playing it on the go.

I'm assuming they didn't meet launch day otherwise I'm sure there would be more talk about it.

FAST is a great game, I'll be picking it up whenever they release it!

Terrorblot

I can't wait. Does anyone know if it's getting a retail release? I asked them on twitter but never got a response :X

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
There's not much to talk about until it's released. As somebody who played already FRN, the game is a known quantity (and quality), so just waiting for the release date and to play it.

mp1990

Banned
i'm glad i skipped it on wii u so i can get the better version. also we're getting redout this year too so it's cool to have two f-zero likes just at "release", hopefully that will motivate nintendo :p

I played the Wii version, looked great but played badly.

Heard the same thing about the Wii U version, so I skipped that.

I'm skipping this, too.

Zero83

Yeah it is a great game and I know it has new content and visual improvements, but it's hard getting too excited about a game I've already played.

The Wii U version had quite a lot of hype

AllEchse

I only played the original Fast Racing League on Wii from the Shop Channel.
It already had the same gimmick only that you shifted colors from black to white.
It was a decent game, but the sequels seem to only get better.

The mode where you need to change your racer to the correct colours to hit the gates, like guitar hero at 300mph sounds ace.

That's not a mode, that's just how you play it! Ever since the original Fast on Wii. I think the colors were black and white there.

While for the most part it becomes a matter of memorization and you generally want to hit all of them correctly, there are times when it might be better not to hit a specific color, like if you don't want to take a jump in order to pick up more orbs for boost power.

The sense of speed is crazy. It's a really difficult game.

Airbar

Neo Member
I'm eager to get this game for Switch. Still hoping for a physical release. Can someone who played it tell us something about the HD rumble integration? Sounds neat from what I've read.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
I have just bought Fast Racing Neo physical on Wii U last year after I had already reviewed the base game before (so had it as a download), I don't really feel like buying the full game again for some more tracks. If it was a full on new game, I would definitely be talking about it a lot though, because Fast Racing Neo was great.

I had wanted to try out Facing Racing NEO for a long time and am now waiting for this.

If it was launch I'd be getting it - no question.

Hopefully it's soon afterwards.

Fredrik

Honestly, I think the WiiU version was amazing but after you'd played for awhile it simply became too fast for it's (and my) own good, felt like pure luck if you didn't crash and the (constant) crash animation became annoying in the end. I think they should've kept it like old school F-Zero or Wipeout so that you just bumped into the track and lost some speed instead.
I'll still buy it though.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
I feel like it's too fast. I saw they added a Hero mode, and I wonder if they shouldn't add a Newbie mode as well.

I'll get it regardless, because it has HD Rumble and I want to try all games that will use it

ElFly

I disliked the color switching mechanic in Fast Racing Neo, tho it is not game breaking but it feels like an unnecessary complexity

other than that it was a great game

I played the Wii version, looked great but played badly.

Heard the same thing about the Wii U version, so I skipped that.

I'm skipping this, too.

It's not even remotely comparable handling-wise. Trust me, FAST Racing League played like a quick and cheap low budget indie but FAST NEO is comparable to the better games in the genre.

Airbar

Neo Member
Anyone know how I can embed tweets on GAF? Shin'en said game will definetely coat less than the AC adapter and will release "Soon"

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Just give us a release date already. February is almost over so if you are gonna release in March let us know.

No reason for secrecy especially on a remixed version of a Wii U game.

Anyone know how I can embed tweets on GAF? Shin'en said game will definetely coat less than the AC adapter and will release "Soon"

I usually see just a screenshot of the tweet. And I'd hope it would be less that the AC adapter, its overpriced at $30. The first game was ~$7 right?

im not even sure what it is, is it an hd remaster of a remaster of a remaster or something?
im confused , i thought this game was released several times over the past decade.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
im not even sure what it is, is it an hd remaster of a remaster of a remaster or something?
im confused , i thought this game was released several times over the past decade.
It has double the amount of content among other things (see the link I posted), so it's more than a remaster.

LordKano

Uh, there's a Wii game called Fast racing league, then there was a sequel on Wii U called Fast Racing Neo, and this one is a remaster of the sequel with more content, called Fast RMX.

Top Bottom