• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 & Offseason |OT2| Wenger In Fam! Wenger Out Blud!

sammex

Roberston signed for LFC £8mill. Solid signing.

andrew-robertson-new-signing-for-liverpool-at-melwood-training-ground-picture-id820189646

Someone to compete with Milner. Moreno should be out the door soon then for about 12-15mill.

Roberston signed for LFC £8mill. Solid signing.

Someone to compete with Milner. Moreno should be out the door soon then for about 12-15mill.

Looking forward to seeing what he can do. Know nothing about him besides from not being a particularly spectacular player, but then, he's the perfect understudy for Jámes Milner.

Moobabe

Looking forward to seeing what he can do. Know nothing about him besides from not being a particularly spectacular player, but then, he's the perfect understudy for Jámes Milner.

He'll be your number 1 going forward I think. I'm actually a little disappointed we didn't go for him, always looked like one of Hull's best players and, with more quality around him, he'll only get better. Not quite convinced he'll suit Pool's style of play but a good signing nonetheless.

sammex

LFC also sold Kevin Stewart for £8mill to Hull, so essentially a swap. Not bad considering we picked up Stewart on a free from Spurs a few years ago.

I think it's fair to say he's nothing special but with Klopp refusing to use Moreno at all, we now have a left footed option at LB again which should help when we need to keep a wider shape. I'm guessing Milner will start the bigger games, with Roberston coming in for sides parking the bus where he'll be useful staying wide on the overlap. He has potential to grow into a good player though.

Zouma has signed a new deal and gone to Stoke on loan

Also Jay Dasilva has signed a new deal and gone to Charlton on loan

Happy about the Zouma deal - think it makes sense given the horrible injury he suffered. Think he's going to start every week there and be a real success, and come back to us a better player for it.

Or it'll be Nathan Ake all over again.

You can't really blame Southampton for being pissed off. What the club did was incredibly dumb.

Meh. I don't feel one bit sorry for Southampton because they got reported for tapping up players also. So don't go crying over spoiled milk when you were accused not that long ago for doing the same thing.

Think you need to chill a lil man. Football gets a bad name with fans that take shit way too seriously

Chill? I'm about as chill as a winter day in England. I think you're the one who needs to chill little dude. And its awesome how you can tell emotions over the internet. Awesome ability, lil man.

Beefy

Meh. I don't feel one bit sorry for Southampton because they got reported for tapping up players also. So don't go crying over spoiled milk when you were accused not that long ago for doing the same thing.

Every club taps up, not every club has a manager have meal with another teams player. You got caught tapping up accept it. You will still probably end up getting him.

Beefy

Every club taps up, not every club has a manager have meal with another teams player. You got caught tapping up accept it. You will still probably end up getting him.

Chill? I'm about as chill as a winter day in England. I think you're the one who needs to chill little dude. And its awesome how you can tell emotions over the internet. Awesome ability, lil man.

Man you are boring. Fans like you put off others badly. What's with all the little stuff as well?

who was that?

I wouldn't bother dude.

My point is, if you are going to be doing something, don't bitch and snitch if someone does it to you. That's like someone who likes to crack jokes on people but doesn't like it when someone does it to them. Makes them hypocrites.

Man you are boring. Fans like you put off others badly. What's with all the little stuff as well?

If I'm so boring put me on ignore. You act like I give a fuck what you think about me. And I find hypocrite fans like you a joke.

I wouldn't bother dude.

It doesn't matter who the player is, its still tapping.

who was that?

Matt Philips of Blackpool. They were also going to be reported for tapping up Virgil when he was at Celtic.

sammex

LFC fucked up blabbing to the press. No escaping that. The tapping up wasn't the problem, apparently City and Chelsea met with him too. Unfortunately for Southampton other clubs haven't been interested since and that's why they're pissed off. They'll get a fair amount for him but it'll be a bitter pill to swallow after expecting a bidding war. If it happens I could see this being the last time the two clubs do business for a long time. Best for everyone now is it gets sorted quickly so all can move on from this clusterfuck.

Beefy

My point is, if you are going to be doing something, don't bitch and snitch if someone does it to you. That's like someone who likes to crack jokes on people but doesn't like it when someone does it to them. Makes them hypocrites.

Matt Philips of Blackpool. They were also going to be reported for tapping up Virgil when he was at Celtic.

I want a receipt on the Van Dijk bit

LFC fucked up blabbing to the press. No escaping that. The tapping up wasn't the problem, apparently City and Chelsea met with him too. Unfortunately for Southampton other clubs haven't been interested since and that's why they're pissed off. They'll get a fair amount for him but it'll be a bitter pill to swallow after expecting a bidding war. If it happens I could see this being the last time the two clubs do business for a long time. Best for everyone now is it gets sorted quickly so all can move on from this clusterfuck.

Yep

signs a five year contract, spends the last six months out injured then acts like a twat when he can't go on a second date with Klopp. waste of time some of these players.

Course I am happy if Virg is pushing his way out, but it does show the guy never gave the fans much thought if he signs a very long term deal then jumps ship. I'd say 3 years should be the standard, only take a long one if you're sure you'll stay. Unless of course you just want your massive signing on bonus.

The tapping up thing is just lol. Course we'd be the people to fuck up where noone else does.

Tapping up involves all type of dealings. My point isn't how Liverpool went about it. My point is that if you are going to be tapping up players yourself, don't cry bloody murder and throw your dummy out the pram because someone does it to you. If Liverpool did the same thing, I'd be on their case also.

Moobabe

Tapping up involves all type of dealings. My point isn't ho Liverpool went about it. My point is that if you are going to be tapping up players yourself, don't cry bloody murder and throw your dummy out the pram because someone does it to you. If Liverpool did the same thing, I'd be on their case also.

In fairness haven't Pool been done a few times this year? Van Dijk, Solanke and that schoolkid?

In fairness haven't Pool been done a few times this year? Van Dijk, Solanke and that schoolkid?

They have but Solanke isn't part of it. Anytime a young player from a youth set up under 23 (?) leave a club and a fee can't be agreed, they go to tribunal so a fee can be determined. Happened with Liverpool and Watford regarding Jerome and same thing with Liverpool and Burnley over Ings.

And yeah the school kid is horrible, very embarrassing imo.

sammex

He means crying foul of our players being tapped up, like if we now reported Barca over Coutinho.

The Solanke thing is nothing.

The Stoke kid thing is complicated and not as black and white as it seems. We had an arrangement for the kid which was perfectly legal, but the rules changed by the league over the summer meant we couldn't go through with paying for his education which the club previously agreed to. Everything was fine and above board with everyone till that point. Then came the rule change, contract dates were allegedly altered to try and make it possible, which is beyond stupid, Stoke reported us and the PL gave the club a year youth signing ban plus an extra suspended as punishment. As it didn't go through, the kid is without a club and enrolled in a private school that his parents cant afford. Now the father is suing LFC for altering the contract date. The club got punished but it has ended up with the kid getting punished too for things out of his control. I wouldn't be surprised to learn the club has settled out of court sometime in the future for an undisclosed amount to the family.

Moobabe

They have but Solanke isn't part of it. Anytime a young player from a youth set up under 23 (?) leave a club and a fee can't be agreed, they go to tribunal so a fee can be determined. Happened with Liverpool and Watford regarding Jerome and same thing with Liverpool and Burnley over Ings.

And yeah the school kid is horrible, very embarrassing imo.

No I know all this, but Solanke told his mates he was joining Liverpool BEFORE the date where upcoming free agents can be spoken to - which is why the expected tribunal fee is going to be higher than normal

Beefy

@SkyKaveh
Chelsea, Barcelona and Real Madrid trying to sign Nice centre back Malang Sarr. £36m release clause. 18-year-old also watched by Arsenal

DBT85

Man the Coutinho rumblings is making me worried to be honest, I think and hope he will stay... But when you got a South American player and Barcelona/Real Madrid lurking, they usually end up leaving.

Since it looks like this Neymar nonsense is real, Brca will have money to throw around which Pool should use to their advantage just like everyone else is doing.

Since it looks like this Neymar nonsense is real, Brca will have money to throw around which Pool should use to their advantage just like everyone else is doing.

To be honest I thought Coutinho would want to go to Barca because of Neymar, seeing how they were best pals when they were younger.

Pachimari

@SkyKaveh
Chelsea, Barcelona and Real Madrid trying to sign Nice centre back Malang Sarr. £36m release clause. 18-year-old also watched by Arsenal
Not buying it. We ain't trying to sign any cb. We got Ramos, Varane, Nacho and Vallejo. That's enough. None of them are being shipped out.

To be honest I thought Coutinho would want to go to Barca because of Neymar, seeing how they were best pals when they were younger.

Every world cup did come with the complementary Neymar tapping him up article, maybe if some of that is real the allure is less.

Doubt we'll sell him except for mad money. Doesn't strike me as the type to force a move, even if he really really wanted to go.

Sky sources: @ChelseaFC are set to begin negotiations next week to sign @England and @Arsenal midfielder Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain. https://t.co/3AlWOqcUiJ

OX NO, COME BACK!!!!

Top Bottom